Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight Savings 3 - Sun. March 11th

When: Sunday March 11
    Where: Wortman Park McMinnville Or.
    Registration: Pre-registration is reqiured. Register by calling 503-583-7614 leave info. Or by posting here. Soon available on-line.
    PDGA singles event. Part 1 of a 3 part series. These are PDGA fundraiser events for Special Olympics.
    Course to be used for event: Standard 12 Wortman holes plus six holes added in the adjacent school/archway fields.
    Event costs:
    Open: $30.00........Adv: $25.00.........Int: $20.00.......Rec: $15.00......Jr: $10.00
    More info will be added soon.
    Last edited by Matt B.; February 7th, 2012, 08:45 AM.

I'm in Terry, Michael Ray advanced. Thanks
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Course\ Tournament Update

Looks like just over a month away. Online reg should be open in a couple of days. Will keep you posted. Looks like other events are also on this date so turnout should be small. This is a PDGA fundraiser event. So no added fees. I've raised some extra money. It may be enough already that I will be able to pay out 100% to players and still meet PDGA guidelines for fundraising. Go Special Olympics.
      Course to be used.
      Hole 1: Hole 1. Mando right of big tree between fairways 1 and 2.
      Hole 2: Hole 2. In or over creek OB. On or over road OB.
      Hole 3: Hole 3. In or over creek OB. On or over path left OB.
      Hole 4: Hole 4. In or over creek left OB.
      Hole 5: Hole 5. Road and left OB. Must land over road on drive. Re-tee.
      Hole 6: Hole 6. Mando left of tree near basket across path.
      First set of field holes in school yard.
      Hole 7: Tee off concrete pad by red storage building to portable basket by tennis courts. On or inside track OB. Par 4. 465 feet.
      Hole 8: Tee off track by light pole to portable basket by trees near parking lot. 500 feet par 3.
      Hole 9: Tee off sidewalk by main gym doors to portable basket at corner of field by stop sign. Inside ballfielsd fence OB. Ballfield dirt right OB. Sidewalk and beyond OB. Par 5 1026 feet.
      Back to the park.
      Hole 10: Hole 7. Mano left of marked tree by colvert.
      Hole 11: Hole 8. In or over creek OB.
      Hole 12: Hole 9.
      Hole 13: Hole 10.
      Second set of field holes at Franz.
      Hole 14: Tee off sidewalk by the Mac Club to portable basket in field. Mando left of tree in center of field. On or over road OB. On or over gravel Road OB. 430 feet par 3.
      Hole 15: Tee off Franz parking lot by hedges to portable basket in middle of field by small tree. Mando right of marked tree. 600 feet par 4.
      Hole 16: Tee off driveway to portable basket by fence. On or over road OB. Over fence OB. 365 feet.
      Back to the park.
      Hole 17: Hole 11.
      Hole 18: Hole 12. Island tee. Must land within pathline on drive. Re-tee.
      There it is. A par 58. I think a 52 will get a good rated round.
      Last edited by SMOKIN JOE; March 5th, 2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

On line registration now open

On line reg. open @ northwestsignup.com. Thanks Mike.

Comment

Minor Update

25% full. Yeah!!!
          With the parks donation of bark and the help of the M.D.S.A. the park will be as clean and dry as possible for the event. Hopefully no typhoon this year.

Comment

Looks like a fair amount of intermediate ams are signed up but only 3 pros, 30 american dollars to play open for a pdga-sanctioned tournament on a sweet temp layout is pretty awesome opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by ahukingacehole View Post
              Looks like a fair amount of intermediate ams are signed up but only 3 pros, 30 american dollars to play open for a pdga-sanctioned tournament on a sweet temp layout is pretty awesome opportunity.
              I agree Mr. Kirk, I agree. It just looks like you're gonna have to get a hold of some of your fellow pros and get them signed up. Use those diplomatic skills of yours.... Who wants to play doubles on the tournament layout at Milo anyway.......
              "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Updates

Registration: 26 players registered. Another 11 in the I'll try to make it group.

Sponsors: Rudenklau Farms, Stuck Electric Co., Carquest of Sheridan, Mac Auto Supply, Terry's Auto Clinic, Mid Valley Disc Sports Association, The Shuler Family. So that's $140.00 in hole sponsorships.

Special Thanks: The city of McMinnville parks department for the donation of trail bark. Patton middle school for the field donation( only $15.00 to rent now). Franz for the field use as well. My mother for always paying the pdga fees which never come out of payouts. Mike for the on line reg.. Mr. Miller for the great selection for script.

Special Basket Note: If you have a quality portable basket and want to bring it for use let me know. I could always upgrade a couple of mine. I would like to move basket 3 up the hill as well. That makes 7 portable baskets. Another quality portable would be usefull.

Course Update: Hole 3 basket will be moved up the hill. Unless an act of the sun happens and it dries out. Any where on the course that has a real sloshy wet area might be marked with free drop zone. Hole 7 will have a back O.B. line between the corner of the tennis courts and the track. Hole 8 will have the same O.B. line.

Fees: Just a reminder that this is a PDGA fundraiser. So no $10.00 added non pdga member fees.

Benifit Lunch: Made by my wife as always. Is looking like Ham and bean soup, bacon and potato soup, and sandwiches. Added food is always welcome. It is only $2.00 for lunch.

Weather. Not that it can compare to last year but the forcast is good so far.
                Last edited by SMOKIN JOE; March 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
                  Special Basket Note: If you have a quality portable basket and want to bring it for use let me know. I could always upgrade a couple of mine. I would like to move basket 3 up the hill as well. That makes 7 portable baskets. Another quality portable would be usefull.
                  I have a basket Terry, Jesse has one too I'm sure he wouldn't mind bringing. When are we gonna spread that bark? Wed, and Thurs. are looking dry. I can help any day of the week though,

Comment

I'll bring my basket

Comment

Baskets

Thanks Mike I'll use it. I just take for granted that I will use Jesse's and Shaun's baskets. Thanks guys. Actually wouldn't mind replacing hole six as well. As for bark spreading. I will start at 5:30 today. Will do some in the morning before the meeting. Will do some more later Sunday. Monday late afternoon. Tuesday around 2:00 p.m.. All day Friday and Saturday if needed. We can have more than 1 pile. Just one pile at a time. Extra wheel barrel and tools can help as well.
                      Last edited by SMOKIN JOE; March 3rd, 2012, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Registration list.

Would like to thank Mid Valley Disc Sports Association for sponsoriing another hole. Also Weather Systems Inc. sponsored a hole. That's $180.00.

Here is an up to date registration list.

Open

1. Shaun Kirk #33030 - 972
                        2. Chase Estep #41455 - 956
                        3. Lee Fouste #21770 - 954
                        4. Jeremy Fancher #25245 - 953
                        5. Jesse Hickerson #42086
                        6. Shane Waters #26461

Advanced

1. Jason McGrew #32414 - 953
                        2. Brandon Johnson #46523 - 922
                        3. Micheal Ray #49078 - 919
                        4. Carl Boje #38901
                        5. Leeland Baller
                        6. Trey Green
                        7. Jon Hallquist
                        8. Justin Stinson

Advanced Mastaers

1. Micheal Trask #32151 - 932
                        2. Terry Shuler #9333 - 927
                        3. Dave Heider #33078

Advanced Grandmaster

1. Thomas Deen #47094 - 879
                        2. Joe Higgins #51565
                        3. Mike Wild

Intermediate Men

1. Joe Winn #48473 - 884
                        2. Robert Littrell #48619 - 802
                        3. Shay Courville #51043
                        4. Lee Hartman #49439
                        5. Brady Reese
                        6. Drew Moyer
                        7. Fritz Henn
                        8. Gene Henn
                        9. Jason Fillis
                        10. Jesse Wuori
                        11. Nick Almond
                        12. Steven Egler
                        13. Tolan Thissel
                        14. Randy Whiney
                        15. Matt Turner
                        16. Anthony Ellis
                        17. Sean Kenna
                        18. Trey Trask

Recreation Men

1. Jeff Torrence

Intermediate Women

1. Theodora Gill #50495 - 756

Recreation Women

1. Jeni Shuler #42991
                        2. Teresea Whiney

Junior 10 and under

1. Braden Shuler # 42992
                        2. Piper Chandler
                        3. Corbin Littrell

Past $400.00 going for $500.00 thats 44 and counting.
                        Last edited by SMOKIN JOE; March 10th, 2012, 09:10 PM.

Comment

lets get some intermediate women for my wife to play against!

Comment

Originally posted by branjwraith View Post
                            lets get some intermediate women for my wife to play against!
                            I second that motion. Kenna,Heather.

Comment

Cookies

Hey Mike R. we get more Franz(we can't call them Archway anymore as of 2011) cookies for lunch.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X