X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ******* Ice Bowl XXIII January 29, 2012 Lawson Bar DGC*******

The Umpqua Disc Association (UDA) and the South Umpqua Disc Society (SUDS) would like to invite YOU to Ice Bowl XXIII.
    January 29, 2012
    Lawson Bar DGC (exit 102 off of I-5) near Canyonville.
    Tee time will be close to 10:00 am.
    Typically the first round is random dubs and then we see what we want to do after lunch.
    As most of you know this is not a tournament like you might be used to.
    We put more emphasis on fun and good vibes!
    for instance........
    Some holes will be "mini only" holes with targets like wheelbarrows and a sink, for our infamous "sink hole", then there's the score killin' basket ball hole and prolly some new ones.
    And don't forget the hoola hoops.
    Once again "Dutch Oven Simmons" will be taking care of our bellies and ears.
    Word is it'll be venison stew to go with the oldies and goodies music.
    Fees will be $20 for all divisions, with 100% as always going to UCAN.
    That said, the UDA has been a strong supporter of the UCAN Food Bank for over 20 years. Our annual IB's have donated over 2,151 pounds of food and almost $3,500.00 to support the UCAN Food Bank and the Network of Emergency Food Pantries.

If anyone out there would like to donate call Yose (541 733 9117) or you can call direct to UCAN, (Jeanine Coffey 541 492 3524). Thanks!
    As always, fees/donations are optional. ALL are welcome!
    So far my good friend Harold Boat is bucking for the "most food donated" prize with close to a 100 lb donation.
    In an effort to revive some of the viewers and posters for this lonely website, I am offering a free entry fee for the person who is closest to guessing the total numbers of IB attendees. Ties will be played off on the Volcano Hole!

^^^^^^^^^^^^ ICE BOWL XXII SPONSORS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Promise Natural Foods and Bakery
    Commonwealth Garden Shoppe
    Gordon's Pharmacy
    Canyonville Ace Hardware and Sporting Goods
    Oregon Sunshine Espresso and Smoothie Bar
    Pizza Palace
    Tom's Dairy Queen
    Abby's
    Artbeats (footage you can use)
    Halls' Mercantyle
    Phil's Fly Shop
    Lawson Bar Flys
    Del's Building Supply
    Will Petterson Photgraphy
    Disc Golf Depot
    Innova
    Discraft
    Gateway
    Little Flyers
    Vibram
    UDA
    SUDS
    Simmons Family
    Joshua Gausnell
    Complete Disc Golf

questiones
    call Yose @ 541 733 9117
    Last edited by Flatroc; January 5th, 2012, 03:01 PM.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Can't wait Yose! I love the Ice Bowl @ Lawson Bar. Will there be a chance to card a zero on Hoola Hole??

My guess is 44. (I would guess Higher if the economy was better)

""emphasis on fun and good vibes!"" <---- Quoted For Truth
    Please don't confuse my Disc Golf passion with actual Disc Golf ability.

Comment

Hula holes

Kev,
      I like your join date.
      There may be two holes with zero chances. That sounded funny.
      We might even have some hulas on some of the mini only holes, smaller ones of course.
      I did forget to mention the NO WIMPS NO WHINERS rule.
      remember...........
      NO WIMPS NO WHINERS!
      Be there "safely" or be a WIMP!
      As it looks like we are the only ones around this ghost town, a smart guess for me would be either one up or one down from your guess. Hmmmmm...........
      Nah, I say four over par on a par fifty four, for a fifty eight.
      Cya at Mary!
      Yoseman
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

I just joined this ghost town of a forums. Maybe we can get it going again. LOL. I'll be at the Ice Bowl. I say 50 will show.
        sigpic Gives a whole new meaning to the words Pulling you're Pork.

Comment

Yep... ghost town... with 147 people logged in. I hope your golf game is better than your powers of observation.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Yep... ghost town... with 147 people logged in. I hope your golf game is better than your powers of observation.
            Go to your corner Sam, quit trying to run new members away.

Bob

Comment

facebook conspiracy

Sam, you should have been named DICK instead of Sam.
              Most of us on these forums know that FB is taking over our replies and posts.
              BTW, I read where you were planning on attending some SOWS gigs.

OCCUPY SOWS!
              - Anonymous

Comment

Well Shoot! I will miss it this year Yose. I have plans for that day this year. Not wimping, just busy. I had a Dream of a Glow Ice Bowl round.....Would that be Okay?

Comment

GLOW BOWL

Originally posted by MisterLee View Post
                  Well Shoot! I will miss it this year Yose. I have plans for that day this year. Not wimping, just busy. I had a Dream of a Glow Ice Bowl round.....Would that be Okay?
                  Bummer Lee!
                  As a matter of fact, Lawson is a great glow course.
                  Will we cya at a SOWS gig soon?
                  - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                    Sam, you should have been named DICK instead of Sam.
                    Most of us on these forums know that FB is taking over our replies and posts.
                    Yeah, yeah... people really hate hearing the truth. It huhts theh widdle feewings... Awwww...

BTW, I read where you were planning on attending some SOWS gigs.

OCCUPY SOWS!
                    I would love to make one or two. Schedule still somewhere?
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I am trying to make a SOWS Yose. ALmost made it to Indian Mary but a family matter happened. I do miss all the SOWS Power Folfers. Keep up the good work! May the Folf be with you.....always

Comment

itta be awright

Yeah, yeah... people really hate hearing the truth. It huhts theh widdle feewings... Awwww...
                        I'm sure your feelings will heal.
                        Sorry if I offended you or your website. Well......... sorta.
                        I was talking about us southerner's when I mentioned "lonely" website.
                        But then again it took 5 days before you replied which is not like you.

I would love to make one or two. Schedule still somewhere?
                        Yes, the schedule is still somewhere. Prolly in the Ghost forum, just look for Casper.
                        Left to play are:
                        Windy, Tom Pearce, Selmac and some lame course outside of Roseburg towards Glide.
                        All but Windy are split with pros and ams on separate days.
                        If ya show I can pull strings with the TD and get us in the same group.
                        Go Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        - Anonymous

Comment

donations update

A big thanks to Rick Rothstein @ Disc Golf World, Innova, Discraft and Vibram for their donations from the purchasing of InnColor Rocs, Crystal Z Buzzzes, FullColor Buzzzes, Dyed Pro Vulcans and Ibexes.
                          We are over $200 in cash and 150 lbs of food.
                          No Wimps no Whiners!
                          - Anonymous

Comment

stingray

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...23666858_n.jpg
                            - Anonymous

Comment

Might have to come down March 11th. Oh, and March 18th. In fact, I am already planning the back-to-back weekends. Just need to find someone else who wants to passenger one weekend and drive the other.

Thanks, Yose. See ya soon.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X