X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    If Matt doesn't want it I'll let you know Scott. I just looked at some of the other disc's and I don't see a weight or what it is but one is a Glow 2004 Beaver State Fling "Oregon's First Super Tour". Kinda feels like a T Bird. Hmmmmm!

Bob
    I'm not interested in the FL, thanks Bob. Now that possible Teebird...hmmmm. Guess I'll have to go through that stack in person.

Bob's in the running for yet another prize if he sells all those discs and donates the cash - Biggest Cash Donation is getting a pretty nice prize!

Comment

Sporthill!

Local Eugene company and premier designers and producers of performance athletic clothing for serious outdoor enthusiasts, Sporthill is on board with sponsorship of the Eugene Disc Golf Club Ice Bowl 2012!

That raffle just keeps getting fatter.

If you wimp out because of the weather, I'll just buy more raffle tickets for myself!

Thank you EDGC Ice Bowl 2012 Sponsors:
      Innova Disc Golf - www.innovadiscs.com
      Tobiah Orin Photography
      Jim Johnson
      Rip Disc Golf - www.ripdiscgolf.com
      Rebecca Duffy
      Falling Sky Brewing - www.fallingskybrewing.com
      Capella Market - www.capellamarket.com
      Rex Snellstrom
      Andrew Rich - Pure Disc Golf - www.purediscgolf.com, www.eugenediscgolf.com
      Hazardiscs.com - www.Hazardiscs.com
      Sporthill - www.sporthill.com
      Play It Again Sports - Eugene www.playitagainsportseugene.com
      SeQuential Retail Station #1 - Eugene www.sqbiofuels.com/retail
      Peet's Coffee www.peets.com
      Eugene Disc Golf Club

(more coming)

YOUR NAME OR BUSINESS HERE FOR DONATION OF $25 CASH OR MERCHANDISE

Comment

Thanks Bryan!

A big shout out to Bryan Luoma for sponsoring the EDGC Ice Bowl! I hope you can make it down to play, and thank you!

Tobiah Orin Photography
        Jim Johnson
        Rebecca Duffy
        Rex Snellstrom
        Bryan Luoma
        Eugene Disc Golf Club

(more coming)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post

Add the Dexter Gamblers Anonymous to the list of donors.

I'll find out how much they'll chip in when I track them down (they relish anonymity). Not sure the exact amount, but it'll be over $25.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
            Add the Dexter Gamblers Anonymous to the list of donors.

I'll find out how much they'll chip in when I track them down (they relish anonymity). Not sure the exact amount, but it'll be over $25.
            Thank you Dexter Gamblers Anonymous! (whoever you are).

Tobiah Orin Photography
            Jim Johnson
            Rebecca Duffy
            Rex Snellstrom
            Bryan Luoma
            Dexter Gamblers Anonymous
            Eugene Disc Golf Club

(more coming)

Comment

Wow, and it just keeps getting better!

And this just in:

*******Rebecca Duffy Kissing Booth*******

Stop by during lunch break, for just a $1 donation, that's right just $1 get your kiss from the Frauline of the Fairways. Bring those $$$ bills guys, she don't take no debit cards or checks.

Bob

OK, I just made this up and may suffer bodily injury after RD reads this. Just hope I don't get hurt so bad I can't play.

Comment

Originally posted by Over the Hill" Bob;113611]Wow, and it just keeps getting better! :yay:

And this just in:

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4
                *******Rebecca Duffy Kissing Booth*******[/SIZE][/B]

Stop by during lunch break, for just a $1 donation, that's right just $1 get your kiss from the Frauline of the Fairways. Bring those $$$ bills guys, she don't take no debit cards or checks.

[/CENTER]

Bob

OK, I just made this up and may suffer bodily injury after RD reads this. Just hope I don't get hurt so bad I can't play.
                Holy Crap!

That was NOT an Official EDGC Ice Bowl 2012 Post.
                Last edited by Matt B.; January 26th, 2012, 10:31 AM.

Comment

1st Round: THREE DISCS ONLY.
                  Carry only three discs, no swapping, no replacements!

2nd Round: You get your bag back!

Mulligans for sale: $1 each, limit 5 per round. Tee-shot only, mulligan throw must be used.
                  Out of curiosity, what are the rules for the mulligans the first round going to be? i.e. Can you go get your errant throw/disc to re-tee? Or do you need to throw one of your remaining two discs? If not, that'll make using mulligans pretty rough the first round (as I'm guessing most players will be bringing a fairway, a mid, and a putter).. but otherwise it'll possibly slow the pace of play a bit.

Comment

no wimps no whiners/poking fun

Originally posted by jeverett View Post
                    Out of curiosity, what are the rules for the mulligans the first round going to be? i.e. Can you go get your errant throw/disc to re-tee? Or do you need to throw one of your remaining two discs? If not, that'll make using mulligans pretty rough the first round (as I'm guessing most players will be bringing a fairway, a mid, and a putter).. but otherwise it'll possibly slow the pace of play a bit.
                    Please don't take this personal but, this is close to a whine.
                    Again only poking fun.
                    Have fun!
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by jeverett View Post
                      It's a great question, and I'll go over this at the player's meeting. When I was thinking up ways to raise more money and have a fun format, I did not think this part through, but I believe it will work out nicely.

Because speed of play is going to be an issue, players will NOT be allowed to retrieve discs that go OB or for mulligans during the three disc round, unless they are out of discs. In other words, if all three of your discs go OB, or if you want to use a third mulligan on a hole, you may then retrieve a disc. When I say you may not retrieve your disc, I mean you may not retrieve it for your next throw and slow down the play. Obviously, you may retrieve your disc as play continues.

Mulligans are for tee-shots only, and must be declared and taken immediately following your throw - so no running down to get your disc and telling someone else to tee-off, either.

This does make mulligans somewhat less tempting during the three disc round, but it also makes them more strategic, because the course is going to be set up as short as possible (some short position collars are broken). So, you may want to save your mulligans for those holes where a mid-range or a putter is a good choice from the tee and can still yield a birdie. Of course, a stroke is a stroke, and if your tee shot is OB or just terrible, you'll probably still be able to salvage a three with good use of a mulligan, even if it means throwing a mid-range.

There's a little room for error here, as it may come up that someone throws OB during play, and could easily retrieve the disc without really slowing things down, but I think for consistency we'll have to have one interpretation. Since this is a fundraiser and more about coming together to have fun, do something positive for the community, and raise the profile of disc golf in our area, I am hoping we all act accordingly and it's not an issue.

By the way, during the three disc round, if you lose a disc you may not replace it. If you lose one, you play with two; if you lose two, you play with one. And I'm really hoping no one loses three. It seems unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                        Please don't take this personal but, this is close to a whine.
                        Again only poking fun.
                        Have fun!
                        It was a very good question! Some pre-event close-to-whining may be allowed, but this does not fall into that category.

Comment

Hey this looks like a fun Tourney! This thread is pretty entertaining, kinda making me want to come and check it out for myself!

Comment

to whine or not to whine/jest for fun

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                            It was a very good question! Some pre-event close-to-whining may be allowed, but this does not fall into that category.
                            Yep, twas a gudt question, actually all three were gudt questions.
                            I tried to highlight what IMO was close to being a whine.
                            With all this being said, Ice Bowl XXIII would like to donate a 2012 Ice Bowl towel to your event.
                            FWIW, a towel can make a gudt prize for a whiner winner.
                            Good Luck!

PS... keep a close eye and ear on those pre-event close-to whiners, as some are very, very experienced and actually make a life of it.
                            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                            - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                              Yep, twas a gudt question, actually all three were gudt questions.
                              I tried to highlight what IMO was close to being a whine.
                              With all this being said, Ice Bowl XXIII would like to donate a 2012 Ice Bowl towel to your event.
                              FWIW, a towel can make a gudt prize for a whiner winner.
                              Good Luck!

PS... keep a close eye and ear on those pre-event close-to whiners, as some are very, very experienced and actually make a life of it.
                              Yose, I PM'ed you about the towel donation - Thank You!

Delve - come on down! Or up, whichever.

Comment

Looking at the weather forecast for the weekend it looks sunny and mid to high 50's. What's up with that? Isn't this suppose to be an ICEbowl? Uh oh........pretty close to 'Whining'. Whoops! Dang this is gonna be fun.

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X