Drive For Show or Putt For Dough, 17 March 2012, Cascades Gateway Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the challenge is do you go for it or not, it will be a challenge. Sorry you don't find it interesting.

Comment

If you make it from outside the PZ you do get a zero (not an ace) an ace is an ace.

Comment

Is the putting zone 75 foot diameter or radius?

Comment

It is a 75 foot radius around the pin.

Comment

Interesting. I like the creativity but it appears that the best strategy would be to lay up under the pin at all times and hope to shoot an 18. If someone can beat that so be it. I would use my two shots to get as close to the circle as possible or just at or inside 100ft. Then I would put it under the pin for a tap in. Again I like that you are trying to do something new but maybe 75ft is a bit too far away to tempt gunning the basket. 50ft I would run every putt and hope for the best. You are onto something though.
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Well with some alternative layouts you may not be able to make that call from the tee box, remember that there are some obstacles in play that's why it will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                Interesting. I like the creativity but it appears that the best strategy would be to lay up under the pin at all times and hope to shoot an 18. If someone can beat that so be it. I would use my two shots to get as close to the circle as possible or just at or inside 100ft. Then I would put it under the pin for a tap in. Again I like that you are trying to do something new but maybe 75ft is a bit too far away to tempt gunning the basket. 50ft I would run every putt and hope for the best. You are onto something though.
                Sounds like a good plan but you know the best laid plans are doomed to fail. Lets not forget the luck factor and you may just skip into the 75ft circle and be putting for 1 from 72ft away!

Comment

Hey heads up all today we scored a really big sponsor, and you guys going to be excited about this one. Pass the word along and register today.

Comment

All right everyone This tournament will be "HOT" We only have 34 spots left and we got two big sponsors The first is Wandering Aengus Cider they sponsored the disc's this put's a lot of money back into the tournament the second sponsor is Top Dog Bar&Grill in Salem they have sponsored us for food, that's right I said food. This is going to be the BEST tournament of the YEAR. So don't hesitate on registering it's going to fill up fast. Come check it out. http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...For_Dough_2012

Comment

Ok we are down to 24 spots, lets keep it going. Disc on

Comment

This sounds like a fun event so I have registered. I have a question. Say my tee shot lands 50 feet from the pin. Can I take my second shot and throw it outside the 75-foot zone, so I am now putting for a "0"?

I am not trying to be a trouble maker, I just want to know the rules and there is definitely some strategy involved in your format.

Comment

A couple of days left.

Hey all we have only just over a week left so be prepared for an awesome layout, Beast and I worked on making this tourney challenging and fun. Oh and the Discs are fricken sick. Thanks Sonny for your time on the design. Lastly we only have a few spots left so hit me up via email straightsuited@gmail.com and I will get you registered see you all soon.

Comment

Originally posted by chubbyman View Post
                            Hey all we have only just over a week left so be prepared for an awesome layout, Beast and I worked on making this tourney challenging and fun. Oh and the Discs are fricken sick. Thanks Sonny for your time on the design. Lastly we only have a few spots left so hit me up via email straightsuited@gmail.com and I will get you registered see you all soon.

See all you in the morning

Comment

Well the tourney was great we all had a good time, despite some small confusion with scoring although we got past it. here are the results from the tourney.

I look forward to hosting another tourney next year around the same time so look forward to it.

Open
                              Round 1: Cascades Gateway - 18 Ring layout, 18 holes, par 18
                              Round 2: Cascades Gateway - 18 Ring layout, 18 holes, par 18
                              Player R1 R2 Total Payout
                              1 Chris Wilcox 24 20 44 / +8 $80
                              2 Rondo O 26 22 48 / +12 $45
                              3 Marshall D 30 28 58 / +22
                              4 John 34 35 69 / +33
                              5 Jason Bruster 33 40 73 / +37
                              Masters
                              1 Pop T 28 23 51 / +15 $65
                              2 Steve Egler 28 28 56 / +20 $35
                              3 Vic Lippert 34 29 63 / +27
                              4 Bill [remove tag] 33 33 66 / +30
                              Grandmasters
                              1 Don Alexander 27 27 54 / +18 $80
                              2 Joe 33 28 61 / +25 $45
                              3 Robert 42 26 68 / +32
                              4 Chuck Nichols 33 44 77 / +41
                              5 Dennis 52 38 90 / +54
                              Advanced
                              1 Justin 24 22 46 / +10 $80
                              2 David 27 24 51 / +15 $45
                              3 Wayne 28 25 53 / +17
                              4 James 28 27 55 / +19
                              5 Michael Forney 31 - 31 / +13
                              Intermediate
                              1 Mark Richardson 26 26 52 / +16 $80
                              2 Brian Van Fleet 26 27 53 / +17 $55
                              3 Scottishrob 31 24 55 / +19 $40
                              4 Gavin 32 24 56 / +20 $30
                              5 John Snyder 29 28 57 / +21 $25
                              6 Dave White 33 26 59 / +23 $15
                              7 Ira Burgess 34 32 66 / +30
                              8 Jeff Nichols 43 30 73 / +37
                              9 Rafeal Guerrero 31 42 73 / +37
                              10 Ben Winkler 38 46 84 / +48
                              11 Doug Luther Jr. 55 38 93 / +57
                              Recreational
                              1 Chris Mcray 34 30 64 / +28
                              2 Chris 38 32 70 / +34
                              3 Cdub 55 45 100 / +64
                              4 Johnny 53 53 106 / +70

Comment

Looks like you all had a really good time. Was this a charity event? I do not remember who asked or requested a 50' radius but I start to use my putter at 100'. But I just like to push the limit on my disc (Keeps me 1 over on the holes most times).
                                Trying to get a basket fund going for courses in Douglas County. This sounds like a fun way to do it.
                                sigpic Gives a whole new meaning to the words Pulling you're Pork.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X