X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caloch View Post
    What exactly makes you roll your eyes at the idea of putting your idea in some written form for others to consider? Seems pretty reasonable and standard practice to me when you are pitching an idea. Or is the brilliance of the idea just supposed to cause the envisioned reality to take flight as a golden bird of glory as it leaves your mouth?
    My "envisioned reality" was discussed with the individuals that mattered. There never was ANY reason for me to "document" my ideas as a proposal. All it would do is outline how I felt it could happen with minimal impact on the "Series" personel, ie having to travel to both events, gathering of sponsor money, etc.

As Todd states above there would have to be a DOUBLE commitment by the TD's, for it to work. In my "theory", splitting events would in NO WAY be forced upon a TD. BUT be an OPTION for those who wished do do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Andrews View Post

Anyone that plays in a PDGA event will become a PDGA member.

Addition of PDGA Supporting Level Membership. Non-members who pay the $10 fee at a PDGA
      event will receive a PDGA number, PDGA mini and a rulebook. This level of membership does
      not include the calculation of points or assignment of a player rating.

Nice....The only thing Id wish for was that the PDGA track the player ratings, if only for TD's to use for divisional placement.
      Dont track points OR make rating avail to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
        IMO the ORS staff is/was not quite ready to take this huge transitional step.
        I really don't blame them as a change this big could be scary.
        So, still IMO I don't think it would've done any good for Mike to write up a proposal, as I feel they weren't ready.
        Actually, IMO I don't see where a proposal would be necessary.
        I think that most of the ORS staff folks if not all, know what's going on with DG growth and splitting weekends with pros and ams.
        I'll say it again Caloch, I'm not bashing your beloved ORS.
        Just trying to deal with the fast growth of this sport as some others are.
        Say it as many times as you want
        I still don't see what the problem is with the idea that you are asked to make a proposal, submit an idea, etc. when you want to propose or suggest something. It's standard practice in many realms of society: school, business, fundraising...virtually any arena in life when you are proposing changes or ideas to an institution or group and you're asked to submit a proposal ie; "put something in writing for us to read"...then that's what you do. It's not crazy or unfair or something that most people would roll their eyes at. Call me nuts, that's just the way I see it. Doesn't matter what you think the outcome will be, if you aren't even willing to write a three paragraph proposal you will not be taken seriously.

I'm not trying to bash Magilla here, I get what he's saying. i just get annoyed sometimes at how quick we are to complain, suspect shenanigans and bash the people who do the work we enjoy. And rolling eyes at being asked to simply write a proposal for the change you'd like to see strikes me as an example. no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Caloch View Post
          Say it as many times as you want
          I still don't see what the problem is with the idea that you are asked to make a proposal, submit an idea, etc. when you want to propose or suggest something. It's standard practice in many realms of society: school, business, fundraising...virtually any arena in life when you are proposing changes or ideas to an institution or group and you're asked to submit a proposal ie; "put something in writing for us to read"...then that's what you do. It's not crazy or unfair or something that most people would roll their eyes at. Call me nuts, that's just the way I see it. Doesn't matter what you think the outcome will be, if you aren't even willing to write a three paragraph proposal you will not be taken seriously.

I'm not trying to bash Magilla here, I get what he's saying. i just get annoyed sometimes at how quick we are to complain, suspect shenanigans and bash the people who do the work we enjoy. And rolling eyes at being asked to simply write a proposal for the change you'd like to see strikes me as an example. no big deal.
          The idea was simple enough that it was not necessary to have it in writing.
          Regardless, from my "discussions", I realized that it would not happen this year anyway so there was really no reason to put forth anything in writing.

My whole purpose of the "discussions" is that Growth IS needed AND will happen regardless. It was my hope that this growth would be within the "Series". It seems THAT growth will have to wait.

The Rebels will be holding PDGA events at HooDoo, Willamette Pass, Mt Bachelor, Sisters AND possibly MORE. There will be a Match Play event in Sisters as well probably 2 weekends Pro & Am. As well as the PDGA Match Play Championships which I am currently investigasting my venue of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
            The Rebels will be holding PDGA events at HooDoo, Willamette Pass, Mt Bachelor, Sisters AND possibly MORE. There will be a Match Play event in Sisters as well probably 2 weekends Pro & Am. As well as the PDGA Match Play Championships which I am currently investigasting my venue of choice.

Sounds like fun. I live too far away to support those events. Good luck with the mountain golf!
            Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
              The idea was simple enough that it was not necessary to have it in writing.
              Regardless, from my "discussions", I realized that it would not happen this year anyway so there was really no reason to put forth anything in writing.

My whole purpose of the "discussions" is that Growth IS needed AND will happen regardless. It was my hope that this growth would be within the "Series". It seems THAT growth will have to wait.

That is freakin' awesome! Looks like I'll be playing some mountain golf for sure this summer!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X