X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
    no disrespect to anyone out there but isn't the whole point to share and grow the sport with people you have to field as many people as possible anybody wishing to play that is a pdga member and does not get into a pdga event doesn't seem fair especially when non pdga members are allowed to pay to play non pdga members should be the last ones able to enter a tournament and the whole point about family and no one knows more than me my family comes to every tournament i would be more than willing to sacrifice the whole point to me should be about pdga members should be able to play in a pdga tournaments and to grow the sport to the point that this doesn't matter am only tournaments would still fill up at current level that we are at we need to thank everyone that has got us to this point it's great just having this discussion it would be great to see everyone play thats wants to play qualifing tournaments first day cuts three day tournaments more vollunteers what does the worlds do lots of courses all in i just like to see no one get turned away impossible maybe again thanks to all that have helped grow the sport and to all helping to grow the sport
    dude, not to be all punctuation police, but come on, in that whole block of text, the only punctuation is 2 apostrophes! even Jub's posts are easier to read than that!
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      dude, not to be all punctuation police, but come on, in that whole block of text, the only punctuation is 2 apostrophes! even Jub's posts are easier to read than that!
      Dude, not to be all counting police, but come on, there are FOUR apostrophes!

Comment

Haha, you mind checking my scorecard too?
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Is what's good for the goose good for the gander?

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
          anybody wishing to play that is a pdga member and does not get into a pdga event doesn't seem fair especially when non pdga members are allowed to pay to play non pdga members should be the last ones able to enter a tournament
          Terry,
          I agree with your point here.
          BUT............. What IF ...
          there were gigs where the "Nons" had first crack at entering a non pdga gig and pdga members had to wait?

May I suggest that the moderators move this particular post to the pdga forum.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
            Terry,
            I agree with your point here.
            BUT............. What IF ...
            there were gigs where the "Nons" had first crack at entering a non pdga gig and pdga members had to wait?

May I suggest that the moderators move this particular post to the pdga forum.
            Not a valid point........
            The arguement has gone on forever on this subject........
            There are MANY non-sanctioned events where "entries" is by "Invitation Only"

MOST organizations WILL NOT allow "non-members" to even participate, let alone take the spot of a "dues paying" member.

I am NOT necessarily for a "blanket" members only policy.
            BUT if DiscGolfers want to play in a competitive eviron, such as PDGA events, shouldnt they be members? Is that so wrong?
            For the price of a carton of sigs and a case of beer you are in for the year.......

Comment

Every time I read a post from Terry it takes me awhile to catch my breath at the end! heehee just ribbin' ya, man

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                For the price of a carton of sigs and a case of beer you are in for the year.......

Ah I miss those days when I could get both of those for 50-60!!! Carton of Camels here is $58. 12 pack of decent microbrew is about $20...
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Leftybagger View Post
                  Ah I miss those days when I could get both of those for 50-60!!! Carton of Camels here is $58. 12 pack of decent microbrew is about $20...
                  You got me there...BUT that further proves my theory...

You can sign up as a PRO for the price of a Carton of Cigs and a Case of Beer...

Signing up as a AM is BY FAR cheaper...than Beer & Sigs

Comment

You got me there...BUT that further proves my theory...

You can sign up as a PRO for the price of a Carton of Cigs and a Case of Beer...

Signing up as a AM is BY FAR cheaper...than Beer & Sigs

Well... Only if you live in Juneau and only for a carton and a half rack!!! I hate to think of how many years of membership I could have when paying $6.50 per pack per day!! Ok, I will quit thread jacking now!
                    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Jeez Luke why don't ya move back already! Sounds spendy

Comment

IMO these two statments contradict each other....

How is limiting the number of players that can play in any way "accommodating"..?

Our state has reached a point where seperation is needed.........BUT there are certain sacrifices that would need to take place for this too happen.
                        1st and foremost is that the TD's..NOT the Oregon Series...have to be willing to throw 2 events instead of one.
                        I "kicked" a similar proposal around and was asked to "submit" a proposal to the "Series" that outlined my "thoughts"...
                        What exactly makes you roll your eyes at the idea of putting your idea in some written form for others to consider? Seems pretty reasonable and standard practice to me when you are pitching an idea. Or is the brilliance of the idea just supposed to cause the envisioned reality to take flight as a golden bird of glory as it leaves your mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by Caloch View Post
                          Or is the brilliance of the idea just supposed to cause the envisioned reality to take flight as a golden bird of glory as it leaves your mouth?

That... ...that was beautiful.
                          Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

tuff transition

Originally posted by Caloch View Post
                            What exactly makes you roll your eyes at the idea of putting your idea in some written form for others to consider?
                            IMO the ORS staff is/was not quite ready to take this huge transitional step.
                            I really don't blame them as a change this big could be scary.
                            So, still IMO I don't think it would've done any good for Mike to write up a proposal, as I feel they weren't ready.
                            Actually, IMO I don't see where a proposal would be necessary.
                            I think that most of the ORS staff folks if not all, know what's going on with DG growth and splitting weekends with pros and ams.
                            I'll say it again Caloch, I'm not bashing your beloved ORS.
                            Just trying to deal with the fast growth of this sport as some others are.
                            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                            - Anonymous

Comment

Anyone that plays in a PDGA event will become a PDGA member.

Addition of PDGA Supporting Level Membership. Non-members who pay the $10 fee at a PDGA
                              event will receive a PDGA number, PDGA mini and a rulebook. This level of membership does
                              not include the calculation of points or assignment of a player rating.

Also, as stated by Magilla, we have been considering splitting up the series into pro and am weekends. The problem is finding the TD's and volunteers to run the events and keeping the events up to the standards of the Oregon Series. The current core group of Oregon Series volunteers have neither the time nor the inclination to run another 6 or 7 events each year. There is also the problem of raising more sponsorship from the local communities. Hitting up the same businesses for additional cash for additional events may be problematic, especially in this economic environment.

The time will come and change will happen, but until a lot more people are willing to step up and volunteer on a regular basis it will not change soon. If you would like to help Oregon disc golf grow, please contact any of the dedicated volunteers below to see what you can do to help out.

Regards,

Todd Andrews
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Cris Bellinger
                              Teresa Bellinger
                              Greg Ruhl
                              Mike Phillips
                              Tom Embree

Mike "Magilla" Ruzicka
                              Ryan Lane
                              Brandon Hill
                              Scott Duvaul
                              Mike Storrs
                              Greg Johnson

Jeff Mittl
                              Jay Townsend
                              Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Andrews View Post

Anyone that plays in a PDGA event will become a PDGA member.

Addition of PDGA Supporting Level Membership. Non-members who pay the $10 fee at a PDGA
                                event will receive a PDGA number, PDGA mini and a rulebook. This level of membership does
                                not include the calculation of points or assignment of a player rating.

Also, as stated by Magilla, we have been considering splitting up the series into pro and am weekends. The problem is finding the TD's and volunteers to run the events and keeping the events up to the standards of the Oregon Series. The current core group of Oregon Series volunteers have neither the time nor the inclination to run another 6 or 7 events each year. There is also the problem of raising more sponsorship from the local communities. Hitting up the same businesses for additional cash for additional events may be problematic, especially in this economic environment.

The time will come and change will happen, but until a lot more people are willing to step up and volunteer on a regular basis it will not change soon. If you would like to help Oregon disc golf grow, please contact any of the dedicated volunteers below to see what you can do to help out.

Regards,

Todd Andrews
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Cris Bellinger
                                Teresa Bellinger
                                Greg Ruhl
                                Mike Phillips
                                Tom Embree

Mike "Magilla" Ruzicka
                                Ryan Lane
                                Brandon Hill
                                Scott Duvaul
                                Mike Storrs
                                Greg Johnson

Jeff Mittl
                                Jay Townsend
                                Todd,

I have made several attempts to contact parties involved about the Oregon series. DiscGolfOregon.com is willing to help with anything that you need. I have told you this in person as well.

All of my email attempts have hit dead ends, and all i can do is keep offering.
                                http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X