X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sows team express 2011

Alright Guys so here we go. Its Express time and im happy to be running it this year. Im sure you are all going to have questions and concerns so feel free to let me know. This is an official format, not to say that it cant change in the next week or so but I am going to try to stick with it.

Teams must call me (5414045141), or post on here to reserve spot.
    Need to know by 10/22/11 What teams are attending.

Date October 29th-30th

Teams: 6 person Teams made up of 4 pros, 1 advanced player, 1 Am player.

Format: Each team is to have 2 pro singles and a Pro/am dubs and a Pro/Adv. Dubs per course.

Courses: Saturday Morning: Riverfront > tee @ 9 am
    Saturday Afternoon: Whistlers Bend
    Sunday Morning: Lake Selmac > tee @ 9 am
    Sunday afternoon: Tom Pearce
    Players Meeting 8:30 Sharp Both Days

Rules:
    Team needs to come from your town/city.
    Exceptions can be made if not possible to field full team (Other teams must be notified at least a week prior to tournament)
    You must play in the division you do in SOWS.
    You can move up if needed, but never down.
    Alternates may be used. (one player on Sat., different one on Sun.)
    $60 per team
    Each team is required to bring a paper with your team name and roster on it. It must also contain your lineup for the entire weekend on it. (see example roster below)
    Each pro must play 2 singles rounds and 1 dubs round with your advanced player and 1 dubs round with your am. So you can't have a pro play with the same am twice.

Roster Example

Team Awesome

Pros: John, Jacob, Jingleheimer, Schmidt
    Advanced: Don
    Am: Juan

Riverfront: Singles: John/Schmidt
    Dubs: Don/Jingleheimer and Juan/Jacob

Whistlers: Singles: Jingleheimer/Jacob
    Dubs: Don/John and Juan/Schmidt

Selmac: Singles: Jacob/John
    Dubs: Don/Schmidt and Juan/Jingleheimer

Tom Pearce: Singles: Schmidt/Jingleheimer
    Dubs: Don/Jacob and Juan/John

(Thanks Jesse from last year)

Payout at the end will be to the top 1/3 of the field.

How Scoring Works!

Each team will have two singles rounds and two doubles rounds per course

Scoring will be as follows (Example per 8 teams)

16 Singles
    1st place 16 points
    2nd place 15 points
    3rd place 14 points
    and on down. Ties will be split into half points
    If there is a tie for first both teams would recieve 15.5 points

Double scoring is the same. All doubles groups that play at the same time will be scored together. No division of scoring between Pro/Adv group and Pro/Am groups.

If we have 8 teams that means 16 singles players and 16 doubles teams per round.

Thanks, and feel free to contact me with any questions

Scott Withers

can one only play at one course?

Comment

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
      can one only play at one course?

In english Josh?

Comment

we got a team

Spencer,Dan,Josh,DMC,Yoseman,and Brice.

hey scotty, will there be any pro/pro and adv/ams dubs?

Comment

Originally posted by rocer180 View Post
          we got a team

No, no pro/pro adv/am doubles, because of only having 4 rounds.

Comment

EXPRESS

I was just wondering if the weekend scheduled for this express is set in stone???
            We the current champions of the SOWS EXPRESS have two tournaments happening in corvallis that happen every year on that weekend. One is a PDGA sanctioned tournament and fundraiser for cancer! It will make it very hard for us to be able to defend our title if the EXPRESS is going to happen that weekend.
            The SOWS EXPRESS is awesome and we would love to come on a different weekend! We will be deeply saddened to miss such an awesome event...

Comment

Originally posted by mindsmaid View Post
              I was just wondering if the weekend scheduled for this express is set in stone???
              We the current champions of the SOWS EXPRESS have two tournaments happening in corvallis that happen every year on that weekend. One is a PDGA sanctioned tournament and fundraiser for cancer! It will make it very hard for us to be able to defend our title if the EXPRESS is going to happen that weekend.
              The SOWS EXPRESS is awesome and we would love to come on a different weekend! We will be deeply saddened to miss such an awesome event...

This is set in stone. Sorry that it is not going to work out. It was too short of notice to do it next weekend. You are not the first person to notify me of this trust me. Enjoy the hope open it's for a great cause, hopefully next year it works out schedule wise

Comment

we got a team

A.K.A. - Team Alpha Super Awesome Cool Dynamite Wolf Squadron.
                -Devin Cordell #38801

Comment

Originally posted by Huk-DMC View Post
                  A.K.A. - Team Alpha Super Awesome Cool Dynamite Wolf Squadron.

Comment

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
                    This is set in stone. Sorry that it is not going to work out. It was too short of notice to do it next weekend. You are not the first person to notify me of this trust me. Enjoy the hope open it's for a great cause, hopefully next year it works out schedule wise
                    Said tournaments in Corvallis have been listed on the calendar (graciously avail. on the site- see tab labeled "Calendar") for MONTHS.

Comment

No, no pro/pro adv/am doubles, because of only having 4 rounds.
                      come on scotty all we got to do is play one less singles round a day, there will be four rounds of singles(each open golfer has to play one), every open golfer plays pro dubs, am dubs, adv dubs, and singles. it's EZ! FOUR ROUNDS

Comment

FWIW the format last year worked pretty darn good.

come on scotty all we got to do is play one less singles round a day, there will be four rounds of singles(each open golfer has to play one), every open golfer plays pro dubs, am dubs, adv dubs, and singles. it's EZ! FOUR ROUNDS

Comment

Originally posted by MOB47 View Post
                          FWIW the format last year worked pretty darn good.
                          I think you are correct Jesse, the format stays. No more changes will be made, too many requests and stuff already. Format stays as announced, final decision.

Last bit

Advanced spot can be filled by someone who plays masters in sows
                          Amatuer spot can be filled by someone who plays in any womens division in sows.

That is official

Comment

As far as the scheduling conflict, this is a "Southern Oregon" event. We would love to have any teams from north play in the express. With that said almost guarenteed nobody/very few people from "Southern Oregon" would be traveling to Corvallis for the events. Like I said before, Hope Open is for a great cause and its awesome that its a successful as it is. I however do not think that our express is taking away any participants from it.

Corvallis is 2 hours from the closest SOWS location. This is a tradition, and I picked up the ball late to keep it rolling. Sorry to those that cant make it that did last year.

We are going to enjoy our tournament as im sure everyone playing in the corvallis area that weekend will as well. No hard feelings but this is the weekend that worked for us. Sorry

Scott Withers

Comment

As far as the scheduling conflict, this is a "Southern Oregon" event. We would love to have any teams from north play in the express. With that said almost guarenteed nobody/very few people from "Southern Oregon" would be traveling to Corvallis for the events. Like I said before, Hope Open is for a great cause and its awesome that its a successful as it is. I however do not think that our express is taking away any participants from it.

Corvallis is 2 hours from the closest SOWS location. This is a tradition, and I picked up the ball late to keep it rolling. Sorry to those that cant make it that did last year.

We are going to enjoy our tournament as im sure everyone playing in the corvallis area that weekend will as well. No hard feelings but this is the weekend that worked for us. Sorry

Scott Withers
                              well said scotty, can't wait to kick your A$$ at the express

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X