Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found my team!! See you guys down there!
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

How many teams are playing this year? Unfortunately i cant make it. Have fun battling out there people. See you at Wolf Creek!
      Last edited by MOB47; October 21st, 2011, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I think Brant is making a good point, It seems there has been a disregard for the tradition of the exspress by some people. The draft we have done is not one of those traditions I'm talking about. The exspress is about a town to town or city to city competition.

Comment

We have a Spokane City that for 5 years was won by somebody from Spokane. As the sport has grown more and more non locals have been showing up, it hasn't been won by a local in 4 years.. As much as I wish somebody local would win (says the Montana State Doubles champ) it is inevitable that the sport is going to grow and local events become regional. I have also met great people and made new friends that I wouldn't have if it weren't for this phenomenon. If you'd like to hold the sport back, and limit the amount of people that can have a good time, even though you have plenty of room, than do so. It just seems like a waste of a good opportunity to show your city's and town's that people are willing to travel and spend money in their municipality's which can only help bring revenue to your courses and perhaps new exciting area's to build disc golf courses on.
          Relax and enjoy your hair
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
            We have a Spokane City that for 5 years was won by somebody from Spokane. As the sport has grown more and more non locals have been showing up, it hasn't been won by a local in 4 years.. As much as I wish somebody local would win (says the Montana State Doubles champ) it is inevitable that the sport is going to grow and local events become regional. I have also met great people and made new friends that I wouldn't have if it weren't for this phenomenon. If you'd like to hold the sport back, and limit the amount of people that can have a good time, even though you have plenty of room, than do so. It just seems like a waste of a good opportunity to show your city's and town's that people are willing to travel and spend money in their municipality's which can only help bring revenue to your courses and perhaps new exciting area's to build disc golf courses on.
            Actually Jeremy, This is about forming a team within your area if at all possible. People coming from out of town are a bonus and are welcome, but a team should be formed by people within a disc golf community before reaching out to other communities to form a team. The SOWS Express is an ongoing battle between Southern Oregon cities (and other cities) to prove who is best in the region, not just who can build the best team.

Comment

nice putt Ray

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
              Actually Jeremy, This is about forming a team within your area if at all possible. People coming from out of town are a bonus and are welcome, but a team should be formed by people within a disc golf community before reaching out to other communities to form a team. The SOWS Express is an ongoing battle between Southern Oregon cities (and other cities) to prove who is best in the region, not just who can build the best team.
              Well put Ray.
              That said, in the last several years the ongoing battle theme is ........... losing the battle.
              Winning always seems to win.
              I sure hope you don't let any of this jive talk stop you from playing Thornton, because we are going to have a gudt time hombre!
              Side bets are always welcome!
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              - Anonymous

Comment

I agree with what you are saying brother. You clearly misunderstood what I was saying. Thank you Ray and Yose, I don't need a rebutle you took care of it.

Comment

If you'd like to hold the sport back, and limit the amount of people that can have a good time, even though you have plenty of room, than do so.
                  This couldn't be more off.
                  Last edited by the flogging putter; October 22nd, 2011, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Medford will have a team. We are gonna have a couple out of area folks as we have no one else to fill these spots. Still working out who we will have on the team but we'll be there.
                    /\/\ E l) F () R l) E R

Comment

Originally posted by JBizzle View Post
                      Medford will have a team. We are gonna have a couple out of area folks as we have no one else to fill these spots. Still working out who we will have on the team but we'll be there.
                      Just talked with Scotty we are a definte go with our line up!! WooT WOOT...south valley rouges!

Comment

Go Team!

Im glad you got it together boys! Go Medford!!

Comment

Seconded. I'm bummed to not be playing due to a broken throwing hand but hope everyone has a good time and that Medford has another strong showing. Last year was a blast for me as I got to play with four great partners, went bogie free, and shot -32 down through the four rounds with my four teammates. Good luck to all this year!

Comment

i work saturday but i will be out there sunday just for the hell of it. dont care if i play or not. but i can be an option for a down am player............

Comment

So Scotty you ever going to tell us who is in or what?

Comment

Originally posted by rocer180 View Post
                                So Scotty you ever going to tell us who is in or what?
                                I have 4 teams in for sure, Roseburg, medford, GP, and CB/RB, i have also heard from Jared that the Pina's and the GP old fellers might have 2 more teams, so i guess we wait and see tomorrow morning who shows up, hopefully we get 6.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X