Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chick Flick Tournament Committee Meeting

Hey Chick Flickers!

It's been about five months since The Chick Flick Tournament. The monthlies have been going strong, with the latest at Vancouver's new course, Leverich. Since we have one tournament under our belt and sense of how we did, it's time to start planning the next one...hopefully bigger and better!

The Oregon Series announced their schedule so we can pick a weekend for our event. I've already have some SWEET sponsorship ready to go...so, we need to pick a date, time and place to meet.

Last year we met at Lucky Lab on Hawthorne which was central for most people and had ample space.

So, how does Wednesday, Jan. 28th work for everyone? Shall we say 7pm? If anyone has other suggestions, please post your reply.

If you're new to the Chick Flick and a Chick, we would love to have you there!

See you soon,

Carie

I will be bringing Pinkal's mom. The least I could do is give her a ride after we are done right?

Comment

Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
      Hey Chick Flickers!

It's been about five months since The Chick Flick Tournament. The monthlies have been going strong, with the latest at Vancouver's new course, Leverich. Since we have one tournament under our belt and sense of how we did, it's time to start planning the next one...hopefully bigger and better!

The Oregon Series announced their schedule so we can pick a weekend for our event. I've already have some SWEET sponsorship ready to go...so, we need to pick a date, time and place to meet.

Last year we met at Lucky Lab on Hawthorne which was central for most people and had ample space.

So, how does Wednesday, Jan. 28th work for everyone? Shall we say 7pm? If anyone has other suggestions, please post your reply.

If you're new to the Chick Flick and a Chick, we would love to have you there!

See you soon,

Carie
      Yay count me in. I can't wait for this event. Great job last year. I know this year will be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Price View Post
        I will be bringing Pinkal's mom. The least I could do is give her a ride after we are done right?

You too?

Bob

Comment

Would love to be there and help this year but I cant make it to that meeting. I teach Monday and Wednesday nights until 8. You guys did a great event last year. I am a beginner at disc but I am a great event planner. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Comment

I'll definitely be there!

Comment

I'll be there. Probably late to ask now, but if anyobody needs a ride, let me know. I'll be heading out of Oregon City around 6ish.

Comment

I'm planning on being there.

Comment

See you all tonight! We've got a lot of work ahead of us...because this is gonna be the biggest chick event this year.

Comment

Yay! I'm heading out now. See ya'll shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
                      See you all tonight! We've got a lot of work ahead of us...because this is gonna be the biggest chick event this year.
                      Wish Id seen this earlier....check with me before you "finalize" your dates...I have 11 other PDGA events on the schedule already as well as the 7 Oregon Series events.

Comment

As far as I know, the Chick Flick is not going to be PDGA, so the date shouldnt matter, as far as clashing with a PDGA event. From what I saw at the last chick flick, most of the players wouldnt even be entering PDGA events yet anyways. It is a tourney designed to bring more ladies into this sport. If the Chick Flick event organizers are worried about participation being less because another event is happening that day, Im sure they would check the calender and schedule around it
                        All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                          As far as I know, the Chick Flick is not going to be PDGA, so the date shouldnt matter, as far as clashing with a PDGA event. From what I saw at the last chick flick, most of the players wouldnt even be entering PDGA events yet anyways. It is a tourney designed to bring more ladies into this sport. If the Chick Flick event organizers are worried about participation being less because another event is happening that day, Im sure they would check the calender and schedule around it
                          Sure, Its designed to bring more Ladies into the sport...BUT if they didnt care about conflict then the Oregon Series wouldnt have been mentioned.
                          The fact is that there are more events than ever AND I want to make sure they know what those are before "Finalizing" their dates. Regardless if they plan to be PDGA or not.

Comment

Magilla, may I please have the 11 dates you are referring to, so that I may add them to the calendar? Thanks in advance...
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                              Magilla, may I please have the 11 dates you are referring to, so that I may add them to the calendar? Thanks in advance...
                              As I finalize each date I will gladly add them to your calendar
                              starting tomorrow....

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X