X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Toss - Alton Baker Park - Eugene - October 1

Kick off October with a benefit DG tourney for Food for Lane County.

(No Duck game that weekend.)

ALL monies collected go to Food for Lane County

Entry Fee: None, but we suggest a $10-$15 donation to Food for Lane County

Prizes: All donated. In previous events we managed to get everyone a disc for playing.

Divisions: We'll probably run Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Brass divisions with the following suggested criteria:
    Gold: Rating 970+ (or anyone who wants to play Gold)
    Silver: 935 - 970
    Bronze: 900 - 935
    Brass: 900 or lower
    If you don't have a PDGA rating, don't worry, we'll get you in the right division.

The course will be similar to what has been played in the past but there may be a few tweaks depending on how much of a footprint the Parks Dept. allows us.

Sign-ups start at 8AM. Two rounds. PM me to pre-register (there's a pretty good chance this will fill given all the interest in Alton Baker.)

Come on out and support food security. Hunger is a serious and growing problem in America. Every dollar donated equals three (that's right three!) meals. We'll be collecting food too but focusing on $$$ donations because the food bank can buy a whole lot more food with a dollar than any of us can.

Jim, you're the man. I am always so happy to see you do this year in and year out.
    I hope there will be plenty of schwag for all.
    May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun for a great cause. I'm in!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post

Prizes: All donated. In previous events we managed to get everyone a disc for playing.

Divisions: We'll probably run Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Brass divisions with the following suggested criteria:
        If you don't have a PDGA rating, don't worry, we'll get you in the right division.

The course will be similar to what has been played in the past but there may be a few tweaks depending on how much of a footprint the Parks Dept. allows us.

Sign-ups start at 8AM. Two rounds. PM me to pre-register (there's a pretty good chance this will fill given all the interest in Alton Baker.)

Come on out and support food security. Hunger is a serious and growing problem in America. Every dollar donated equals three (that's right three!) meals. We'll be collecting food too but focusing on $$$ donations because the food bank can buy a whole lot more food with a dollar than any of us can.
        Always a great event for a great cause and this year has the added benefit of highlighting disc golf in Alton Baker Park

I'll be in PDX that weekend and won't be able to play, BUT I do have three sweet new discs to kick in for prizes and will be sending a check in for Food for Lane County as well.

Come out and support a good cause and a new course! And don't be cheap just because there's no required donation amount - kick in a $20 at least!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
          Come out and support a good cause and a new course! And don't be cheap just because there's no required donation amount - kick in a $20 at least!
          Remember $20 is 60 meals!

That's two months of food security. And the meal provided isn't a stale Twinkie and a weak cup of tea. We're talking hearty and soul-satisfying stews and soups and grains and vegies. The kind of fuel that kids need so they can focus in school and adults need to stay strong and healthy for their kids.

The corporate/cable news machine won't talk about it (much, if at all) but people are really hurting. Let's apply some medicine.

And if anyone hits an ace out there, I will personally kick in an extra $100 to FLC.

Comment

Way to go Jim! I'm pretty sure I'll fit this one in. Love the cause.

Comment

Another chance to play Alton?! I'll be there with food and cash!!

Comment

Quick shout out to Michael Ray of McMinnville. He can't make to the Food Toss, (Hab Rec and all) but at the Celeb he still took the time to track me down and donate $20 (60 meals) to FLC.

So he officially starts the cash drive. There are other pledges, but Mr. Ray was the first to deliver.

Thanks!

Comment

And if anyone hits an ace out there, I will personally kick in an extra $100 to FLC.
                  Make it $125!

(The extra $25 from me, not you, Jim)

Comment

I like the train of thought here.... I will see you and raise 50.... to make it $175 for an ace at the food toss.....

(The extra $50 from me, not you, Jim)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                      Make it $125!

(The extra $25 from me, not you, Jim)
                      Originally posted by hyzerbomb View Post
                      I like the train of thought here.... I will see you and raise 50.... to make it $175 for an ace at the food toss.....

(The extra $50 from me, not you, Jim)
                      You guys are messing with the wrong hombre.

Based on your 'attitudes' I may just decide that hole 19 (a 100-foot or so non-technical hole) should be part of the Food Toss in the second round, if the first round doesn't provide the desired results.

I can't wait to hear those chains getting smashed.

Comment

Registration Form

Anyone coming from out of town may want to register unless you're planning to get here real early on Saturday. This course is a political hot potato so heavy interest in this tourney is anticipated.

Please fill in and mail me the attached. Even if you can't make it, I know a little bit of your $$$ wants to be there!

No contribution is too small.

Comment

RSVP!

Is there two more spots open in a rec/am level division????

Comment

Originally posted by OldGamer View Post
                            Is there two more spots open in a rec/am level division????
                            Yes.

We have about thirty registered so far and I'll add holes as needed to make sure that everyone who shows up gets to play.

Comment

Had a great day of golf and fund-raising. About 60 players made it out.

We raised $1280 (and that doesn't count the promised bounties for an ace from myself, HyzerB, and Matt B.), so that'll add another $175. Great raffle too, with lots of donated discs, an iPod Nano, a couple of golf bags, and other cool stuff.

Best comment I heard was from one of the players who, while registering, told me that he and his girlfiend have had to use the food shelf in the past so he was glad to get a chance to pay them back a bit.

Complete results will be posted in a bit, but here are the division winners:

Women Gold/Silver

Leslie Huntoon 135
                              Kyrstin Trimm 156
                              Mikaela Corney 160
                              Kelsey Quisenberry 160

Gold

McKenzie Baldwin 99
                              Andy Hock 100
                              Jim Johnson 101

Silver

Eric Smith 103
                              Richard Burch 105
                              David Guill 106

Bronze

Doug Heiken 109
                              Bruce Sisson 111
                              Gene Fackler 111

Copper

Levi Filkins 118
                              Travis Thompson 118
                              Michael Perkins 121

Thanks to everyone who showed up and made this a great success!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X