X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 2nd - Portland Meadows Ball Golf Course

On October 2nd, DGOD will be presenting the first DGOD Derby at Portland Meadows Horse Racing Track. The infield has a 9 hole executive ball golf course and we have reserve the course for the day to show folks how REAL golf is played. This will be a charity event raising money for Neighborhood House (http://nhpdx.org/index.html).

100 people maximum broken down as follows:

Playing for Cash Divisions:
    20 Open - $75
    8 Women - $60
    8 Masters - $60

Playing for Scrip Divisions:
    32 Advanced - $60
    32 Intermediate - $50

Entry will include a player's pack, lunch and other goodies.

This will be a two round tournament.

Registration will open tomorrow evening at 5pm. Check back here for a link.

Questions? Fire away.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Don't make me beat you at another ball golf course..

Cheers

Comment

I'm not playing this one, Stu. Just TDing it with Dan Brown.

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Hmmmm

No sign of you on the Hab Rec list either. Must be leaving town - a Sam free weekend !

Comment

Nope. Knew that I would be working on this event and will need that day to do a lot of last-minute stuff. I will miss HabRec... again.
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Comment

Sounds like an awesome event, and I was wondering will there be spots for any am women? I only see advanced & intermediate listed. I am not sure I can make this, but I know a bunch of other ladies who might be interested.

Cindy
              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
              Stumptown #176
              PDGA #37716

Comment

8 women.
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  I'm not playing this one, Stu. Just TDing it with Dan Brown.

Hopefully that involves driving a drink cart around the course.

Comment

Originally posted by blu666z View Post
                    Hopefully that involves driving a drink cart around the course.
                    It's the sacrifice I am willing to make...
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

:thumbsup
                      Last edited by blu666z; September 7th, 2011, 02:43 PM. Reason: we need a thumbs up emoticon

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        On October 2nd, DGOD will be presenting the first DGOD Derby at Portland Meadows Horse Racing Track. The infield has a 9 hole executive ball golf course and we have reserve the course for the day to show folks how REAL golf is played. This will be a charity event raising money for Neighborhood House (http://nhpdx.org/index.html).

100 people maximum broken down as follows:

Playing for Cash Divisions:
                        20 Open - $75
                        8 Women - $60
                        8 Masters - $60

Playing for Scrip Divisions:
                        32 Advanced - $60
                        32 Intermediate - $50

Entry will include a player's pack, lunch and other goodies.

This will be a two round tournament.

Registration will open tomorrow evening at 5pm. Check back here for a link.

Questions? Fire away.
                        Sam-Nice work!...what is the course like for the tourney? Length, type of shots, terrain. Sounds cool...

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Rebel View Post
                          Sam-Nice work!...what is the course like for the tourney? Length, type of shots, terrain. Sounds cool...
                          7000'+ total.

Check this for some photos: http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile/4457/videos/117622
                          sigpic
                          http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

info

Sam or Dan,
                            What are we looking at for players pack and lunch? Will the golf carts be used during the round and included or extra? Will you guys open the course up to non tournament players for a donation during the lunch? Good way to gain some extra money if you have time.
                            Thanks,
                            Josh

Comment

Player's pack will be something cool - something that hasn't been done at a tournament in a while. Lunch will be something hot - still working out the details of that. Golf carts will not be used for this tourney as it would have been cheaper to rent Ford Focuses for everyone than the golf carts. Haven't thought about lunchtime play but maybe a thought. See the glow golf thread I just started for your opportunity to play the course before entering the tournament.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X