X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
    Played the course for the first time and shot a 61 even par. Felt good. no penalties. Par will be a good rated round.
    I will be able to show the course to any who wants to play this weekend. Will be playing Sunday at 10:00 a.m. for sure.
    I'll be there terry
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I played the layout Sunday and I think it's one the most challenging "expanded Wortman" 18 hole layouts to date. Playing doubles we won with an iron man par 54. There are some serious legit par fours i look forward to playing singles style. Good job Terry! I hope some people show up to experience this course.

Comment

ditto

I would have to agree with Mr. Kirk, very challenging 18 hole setup. On a majority of holes you are forced to ask yourself, "should I lay up....or go for it?" pfff lay up... Who does that? this going to be super fun. Thanks again to Terry. Sign up people!
        "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by M.Parker View Post
          I would have to agree with Mr. Kirk, very challenging 18 hole setup. On a majority of holes you are forced to ask yourself, "should I lay up....or go for it?" pfff lay up... Who does that? this going to be super fun. Thanks again to Terry. Sign up people!
          Thanks guys. I really like the flow of the course. The shorter holes are mixed in well. The variety of shots and angles along with the lengths make it a real challenge. I like the way most of the holes are seperated from each other.
          Playing a round penalty free should be a little easier than in the past yet scoring should be a little bit higher. We had 3 sub 54 rounds last year. Don't think we will get one this year. I think 55 will be the mark. 51 seems like a hot round. I've played 4 rounds scoring 61, 65, 67, 62, while getting some duces. Just alot of 4's on the card. We had 4 double rounds and they scored 54, 57, 57, 69 again with some duces just hard to not make some 4's.
          Will be playing the course again this Sunday at 10:00 a.m. Friday the 4th I will be in the park all day setting up and cleaning and I'm sure I'll get a round in.

Comment

I'll be there playing pro

Chase Estep

Can I pay day of?

Thanks
            Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
              I'll be there playing pro

Chase Estep

Can I pay day of?

Thanks
              Yes. Shaun needs a player or two. For that matter so could a couple other groups. Did I mention the mound of Archway cookies for the benifit lunch. Mike R. will be useless in round two.

Comment

No day of fees

Due to popular demand. Day of fees have been waived for this event. For those of you who have prepaid I will have a prize for each of you.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
                  Did I mention the mound of Archway cookies for the benifit lunch. Mike R. will be useless in round two.

Comment

Please add me to the list Terry.
                    I will pay you on Saturday morning.

Thanks!

Bryan Luoma
                    MA1 (Advanced Men)

Comment

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post

Thanks!

Bryan Luoma
                      MA1 (Advanced Men)
                      Nice... See you Saturday Bryan - Looks like we will have a sweet couple of cards or more :-)
                      Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Major Update. 54 player limit.

Played the course again yesterday. Shot 63. Looks like showers so far for Saturday. Still alot better than steady rain.
                        I've decided to limit the number of players to 54. Do to the number of people that will be signing up day of and the possible weather factor. When people sign up day of it takes longer to get started. It makes alot more work on figuring things out for payout and lining up the groups. I would like to ensure that rounds don't last more than 3.5 hours. If like in the past with all the day of sign ups it takes an extra half hour to get started. I want to make sure we get done by 5:30. I have light sourse on hand this time. And the lights for the covered area also work now. I will not rush through this time.
                        I would also like to remind people they are responsible for their scorecards. If they are wet and I can't read them it will take a long time to attest scores. This was my biggest problem last time. Trying to read wet nasty scorecards in the dark. I also have a scoreboard banner that will be used and hanging up the whole time for people to see.
                        I've had a few people pay for lunch already. I'm not making as much as last time unless a few more people inform me they plan on having the donation lunch. It does include Archway Cookies.
                        Thanks everyone who has signed up. It gives me great pleasure to make you work hard for a good rated round. This year especially because I think the course is not so punishing yet hard to score on. A bunch of quality holes with a good chance at par. If you try to overpower the course you could result in some birdies or a potential bad hole. I'm real glad we have some good rated players on board. Round ratings should be good for under par rounds.

Comment

Jordan Tardie will be playing pro his PDGA number is 30526
                          Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Hey terry... I have rite in the rain score cards to donate...just tell me how many you need and what you want them to say!
                            Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post

Thanks!

Bryan Luoma
                              MA1 (Advanced Men)

Terry, I went ahead and paid online to save a few minutes on Saturday morning.
                              I encourage others to do so too if possible? I'm looking forward to playing this fun and challenging layout.
                              See you Saturday!

online signup: http://store.northwestsignup.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
                                Hey terry... I have rite in the rain score cards to donate...just tell me how many you need and what you want them to say!
                                Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!
                                Hopefully we will need 36 cards. As to what to say. The top of the card put the event name. If you have enough lines. 1st line hole #. 2nd line feet distance. 3rd line par. Then 4 lines of golfers. Across would go Name,1-9, out, 10-18, in , total. Awesome thanks Mr. Badaceness.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X