• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Squirrel Open PDGA C-tier Nov. 5th

This is a PDGA C-tier singles event.
    Wortman Park Mcminnville Or.
    2 rounds of 18 holes.
    Donation lunch for Special Olympics between rounds.
    $3.00 per entry goes to Special Olympics. $2.00 to PDGA
    Open Divisions : $30.00
    Advanced Divisions : $25.00
    Intermediate divisions : $20.00
    Recreation/Jr.'s : $15.00
    Extre fees :
    Hole Sponsorship : $20.00
    Non PDGA fee : $10.00
    Paying day of if not full and you are on the list : $5.00
    Paying day of and not on the list : $10.00
    Ace pot : $1.00. paying ace pot day of o.k.
    Registration : By phone to make arrangements call 503-883-9340. leave messege. Mail info and payment to 2665 north ford McMinnville Or. 97128 attn. Disc Golf. Or soon on-line at northwestsignups.com.
    Or by posting on this thread to get on the list.
    Pre registration is required. Limited to first 72 paid. You may get on the list to pay day.
    Day of schedule
    Players meeting : 8:50 a.m.
    1st round : 9:00 a.m.
    Lunch : 12:00 noon
    2nd round : 1:00 p.m.
    More info as it comes in. Terry Shuler

SQUIRREL!!!!!

I'm in Terry! I'll make sure to prepare myself for some ridiculous hole layouts, even more ridiculous ob lines, and mandos that make you go if you have never played wortman park when terry is in charge, try it out, you dont get to see most of those holes everyday. and donate to a good cause. rock on terry ill give you money next tuesday.
    Michael Ray pdga#49078
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by M.Parker View Post
      I'm in Terry! I'll make sure to prepare myself for some ridiculous hole layouts, even more ridiculous ob lines, and mandos that make you go if you have never played wortman park when terry is in charge, try it out, you dont get to see most of those holes everyday. and donate to a good cause. rock on terry ill give you money next tuesday.
      Michael Ray pdga#49078
      I'll put you down Mike. MA1
      Also in
      Frankie Baltierrez MA2
      Nick Johnson #46866 MA2
      List will be maintained on discgolfscene.com
      66 to go.

Comment

layout

Will you have the holes going through the football and baseball field?
        Josh

Comment

Originally posted by couve discer View Post
          Will you have the holes going through the football and baseball field?
          Josh
          The plan so far is yes and more yes. Yes the school field is on so far. The thing with the school field is if they can rent it they will. The cost is $280.00.
          So I don't rent it. Too much money. If they don't rent it out then we can use it as long as I keep coming close to the rental fee in charity donations. That's where Special Olympics comes in. There is also some land between the school field and the Mac Club/Archway which will also be used for 2 600 foot holes. Waiting for the state and some local ownership to give final o.k. The school field will have 3 holes. A 700 footer a 500+ double mando and one around 350. The park will also house a 500+ foot hole and a couple around 450. A few more around 350. Par will be 60. Lots of o.b.'s and a few mando's. Some mistakes will be more costly than others.

Comment

On-line registration

On-line registration should be up and running by Friday evening if not sooner. Thanks Mike@northwestsignups.com

Comment

Update

I would like to thank Archway Cookies for the use of the additional land next to the school field. Especially if we don't get the school field. This is a private piece of property and they made a point of it. So locals please no practicing unless you are with me. They gave me an o.k. to be out there to plan things. The manager Len Rozak will present a donation request of $500.00 to the owners. Wow!!! that would be awesome. Thanks Archway.

Comment

that's awesome terry! Can't wait to check it out....with permission of course ....mmmmmmmm cookies
                "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Course Update

For those in the knows, here's how it goes.

Hole 1: Tee off pad behind restrooms to basket 1. Mando right of tree at end of woods near table. Ballfield dirt o.b.. On or over path o.b. tables o.b.. 443 feet par 4. Dogleg left at 228 feet.
                  Hole 2: Tee off path behind centerfield fence to basket 12. Island green. except drop/safe zone. Must land over path and before creek on drive or land in safe zone. Drop/safe zone by gate in fence. 276 feet. Drop/safe zone at 90 feet, green at 246 feet straight. Par 3.
                  Hole 3: Tee off dirt by table near kitchen to basket 3. Mando left of marked tree. Island tee. Must make mando and land out in grass on drive. Re-tee. 315 feet dogleg right par 3.
                  Hole 4: Teepad 4 to basket 8. In or over creek left o.b. Must land before or after crossing paths. Between crossing paths o.b. 468 feet par 3. Fairway fades a little to the right.
                  Hole 5: Tee off grass near alternate teeboard 6 by creek to basket 4. In or over creek o.b.. On or over path/road o.b.. o.b. line between creek and road. 414 feet par 4. Fairway fades to the left. If you can call it a fairway.
                  Hole 6: Hole 5. Island tee. Must land between path and road on drive. Drop zone on road. 360 feet par 3. Multiple routes.
                  Hole 7: Hole 6. Mando left of marked tree. 336 feet par 3. Straight, possible lefty route.
                  Hole 8: Hole 7: Mando left of marked tree near basket. par 3 dogleg right at basket. 246 feet. Go across street to school yard.
                  Hole 9: Tee off grass near scoreboard to portable basket next to gym. Basket near blue single door by road. Ballfield dirt o.b. On or inside track o.b.. Over ballfield fence right. All paved surfaces. Sidewalk or beyond. o.b.. 750 feet par 4. Fairway fades left.
                  Hole 10: Tee off blacktop in front of main gym doors to portable basket inside far goalposts. Mando left and right of goalposts. Must go through goalposts to get to basket. Drop zone on blacktop behind basket. All paved surfaces o.b. Sand pit o.b. Inside ballfield fence o.b. 527 feet par 4. straight
                  Hole 11: Tee off track spur to portable basket at end of tree line. 247 feet par 3. Basket tucked next to last tree. On or inside track o.b.. Over fences o.b.. Go around to attaching field. dogleg left at basket.
                  Hole 12: Tee off grass near big trees to portable basket through trees on hill. Mando left of marked tree. 654 feet par 4. Over fence o.b. road o.b. straight.
                  Hole 13: Tee off grass next to fence to portable basket over hill. 180 feet par 3. Over fence o.b. straight
                  Hole 14: Tee off parking lot between trailers to portable basket by trees near road. Island tee. Must land over road on drive. Drop zone on road. o.b. over fences, paved surfaces o.b. 627 feet par 4. straight.
                  Hole 15: Tee off grass near road and play area to basket 9. Mando right of marked tree. 550 feet par 4. dogleg left at 420 feet.
                  Hole 16: Tee off path near restrooms to basket 10. On or over path o.b. right. Must land inside path line on drive. re-tee. 258 feet par 3. multiple routes.
                  Hole 17: Tee off parking lot behind building to basket 11. Island green. Must land within marked trees. drop zone teepad 12. 177 feet par 3.
                  Hole 18: Tee off path near teepad 11 to basket 2. on or over path/road o.b. between creeks o.b.. Must land before or after crossing creeks around basket 4. 423 feet par 3 multiple routes.
                  Standard o.b.'s to the course. All paved surfaces. water, 6 foot 6 in trees, outside park or field boundries.
                  That's a par 61 at 7251 feet. 402.83 average per hole.
                  Will be glad to meet people to play the layout.
                  Last edited by SMOKIN JOE; September 15th, 2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Please reserve a spot for my wife, Sara Reeves, in the Advanced Women's division. We will pay "day of" (at the latest, I get paid before then and can sign up on northwestsignup.com). I will be participating as well...depending on if we can get child care worked out.

Thanks!

Comment

Hole Sponsorships/ Course change.

Hole sponsorships out number players almost 2-1 thanks to some sponsors from last year responsoring. $300.00 and still have alot of contacts left. Will also be after some new ones.
                      I will be changing holes 12,13, and 15.
                      Hole 12 will tee off sidewalk at entry to Archway field. Making it a little over 700 feet now. It will be a dogleg right now.
                      Hole 13 will tee off blacktop by building to basket by tree at fenceline next to tennis courts. Around 250 feet.
                      Hole 15 will tee off path instead of grass. Makes the hole 30 feet shorter.

Comment

Sponsors

Would like to thank the sponsors that have donated so far.

Stuck Electric $100.00
                        Terry's Auto Clinic $50.00
                        TJ's Superette $50.00
                        Rudenklau Farms $50.00
                        Sumco $20.00
                        Jon's Mower Hospital $20.00
                        Dave's Automotive $20.00
                        Gale's Towing $20.00
                        Nate's Garage $20.00
                        Scott's Automotive $20.00
                        Amsoil $20.00
                        J & J Custom $20.00
                        Double J Music Company $20.00
                        Still have a few more that I haven't recieved yet.
                        For the year we will be over $1000.00 yeah!!!

Played the course for the first time and shot a 61 even par. Felt good. no penalties. Par will be a good rated round.
                        I will be able to show the course to any who wants to play this weekend. Will be playing Sunday at 10:00 a.m. for sure.
                        Last edited by SMOKIN JOE; October 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Is there a place to see a registration list?
                          Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
                            Is there a place to see a registration list?
                            discgolfscene

Comment

thanks
                              Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X