X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amateur Paranormal Event-Bryant Park-September 17th

We will be holding a fundraiser disc golf tournament at Bryant park in Albany. It will be two rounds of golf played in the easy (A) positions. This is an amateur only, non-pdga event (no pros). This is a fundraising event for the Oregon Indigent Burial fund. This is a charity that reimburses funeral homes for the cost of burying the homeless and unidentified. This is a creepy charity, but it needs our help. Media coverage will be at this event. Entry fee is $30 and includes lunch and a catered dinner. There will be trophies, prizes, and a raffle with fabulous prizes for all. Come help support the forgotten dead and get your revenge on Bryant park. Show up and pay. Give me your name and division here. More details to follow. Limit 80 players.
    Last edited by sduvaul; August 23rd, 2011, 06:55 PM.

Even though I got my revenge on Bryant today...I just might be able to make this one...

Comment

mmmmmm....Steak!

A short list of some of the sponsors already on board!

The Paranormal Researchers of Oregon Society (PROS)
      The Disc Golf Club of Albany

Huklab Clothing...Disc Golf Association...Play It Again Sports
      Shanghai Tunnels...Deek & Brian's Next Adventure
      That is just starting. We have many more to come.

If you are interested in sponsoring this event please feel free to leave me an PM....or you can "loud and proud" it right here!

Some of the media coverage will be from:
      Albany Democrat Herald... The Oregonian... The Lebanon Gazette
      The Times (Brownsville)...KVAL News...KRKT...and a few more.

Thanks to all our sponsors!

Everyone who donates at least $30 will receive a players pack (filled with goodies from our sponsors) and a Steak Dinner during awards!! Can you get a better deal than that!?! Yes you can!!!
      All that and lunch too! Don't know what we're having yet but when I know...you'll know!

If your planning on attending please let us know in advanced so we get enough cow for everyone!

Hope to see you all out there supporting Disc Golf and The Oregon Indigent Burial Fund!

Comment

Sounds like a good cause. But, a fundraiser event where some divisions aren't welcome? I can't play either way, but why limit the divisions of a non PDGA fundraiser?

Did the comments coming from some whiny Pro players at the CC bother you that much? Wouldn't you raise more money for the charity if everyone was welcome?
        Last edited by Matt B.; August 30th, 2011, 07:31 AM.

Comment

#1 You make more money from Ams.
          #2 There are way more Ams than Pros
          #3 It's our way of helping the Pro field out for the Oregon DC Championship(since they are unfortunately on the same weekend.)

And finally....EVERYONE from ANY division is WELCOME, always!!! They just can't all play!

Comment

Originally posted by Altophish View Post
            #1 You make more money from Ams.
            #2 There are way more Ams than Pros
            #3 It's our way of helping the Pro field out for the Oregon DC Championship(since they are unfortunately on the same weekend.)

And finally....EVERYONE from ANY division is WELCOME, always!!! They just can't all play!
            Jeromie - I hope your event goes well, and as I can't play that weekend I have no dog in this race, BUT if you're going to get all #1, #2, #3 on me, I will almost always play along.

#1 - You'll make less money for the charity with less participants. Unless you think this is going to fill up....

#2 - Yes, and see #1.

#3 - ORDGC is a pre-qualified invitation only event and it's full. Did you really think your fundraiser was going to cause a Pro to withdraw from the ORDGC?

You have your reasons I am sure, and it sounds like a great cause. I've just never seen someone exclude a group from a non-PDGA fundraiser before. It's a head scratcher. Good luck, I hope it goes well.

Comment

"Did you really think your fundraiser was going to cause a Pro to withdraw from the ORDGC?"

Nope...it's called "common courtesy". So we forgot it was invitation only. Sue us. And yes...we hope to fill up with the help of Mark Minor and the circle of support he already has.
              And since you mentioned it earlier....Pro's DO whine to much but it didn't take the CC to have a bead on that issue!

Comment

Originally posted by Altophish View Post
                "Did you really think your fundraiser was going to cause a Pro to withdraw from the ORDGC?"

Nope...it's called "common courtesy". So we forgot it was invitation only. Sue us. And yes...we hope to fill up with the help of Mark Minor and the circle of support he already has.
                And since you mentioned it earlier....Pro's DO whine to much but it didn't take the CC to have a bead on that issue!
                Ok, sorry for asking.

Comment

No need to apologize. The forum exists to find answers to your questions.

Comment

There are over 300 dollars in donated prizes for each division. Donating sponsors include - Play It Again Sports, The Dollar Tree, Huklab, The Party Store, Deek and Bryan's Sport Adventures, Shanghai Tunnels, Scream at the Beach, Jano's Trophies, and many others. For more information on the tournament and the group of outside people organizing this event go to www.oregonprosociety.com

Comment

I heard there might be a rec division added. If so, would that be the best place for someone who has only played one tournament and, in that tournament, shot rounds rated 877, 801 and 855?

Comment

Divisions?

What divisions have formed already?

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
                          What divisions have formed already?
                          There is recreational, intermediate, advanced, and advanced masters. If any women show up to play, there will be girl prizes--clothes and a spa/facial treatment. The top advanced will receive skydiving for two. Each division will have it's own cool list of prizes. Everyone entered will receive a gift bag full of various items of value. Sign-in starts at 8 am. Players meeting begins at 830 am.

Comment

Originally posted by sduvaul View Post
                            There is recreational, intermediate, advanced, and advanced masters. If any women show up to play, there will be girl prizes--clothes and a spa/facial treatment. The top advanced will receive skydiving for two. Each division will have it's own cool list of prizes. Everyone entered will receive a gift bag full of various items of value. Sign-in starts at 8 am. Players meeting begins at 830 am.
                            Thank You. Haven't had a Saturday off in a while. Haven't had a Friday night either. The wife said I might still be drunk Saturday, but go have some fun.

Comment

Kelley(my friend from work) will definitely need to be in rec. as far as Kevin...If I have to play Int, he should too!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X