X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
    I hope this gets answered soon so nobody has to bust out an altar-ego!
    I hope it gets answered soon so that those of us who have paid for the tournament already and are making the trip on a weekend when most of the hotels will be full will with silly little Ducks' fans do not have to cancel and go somewhere else.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      I hope it gets answered soon so that those of us who have paid for the tournament already and are making the trip on a weekend when most of the hotels will be full will with silly little Ducks' fans do not have to cancel and go somewhere else.
      Dexter Shores.

http://www.dextershoresrv.com/

They've got a nice little tenting area with fire rings and picnic tables.

Quiet, under some little firs, and within walking distance (just across Hwy 58) from Dexter.

Make reservations.

Comment

If there is no group camping available, who wants to split a camp site?
        Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Thank you, Jim. I made my reservation there about 3 hours ago. Two sites no longer available...
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I don't think camping has been available at the course for a few years, has it? I can't remember, but it seems like a couple at least. What have people been doing when this is the case? I think last year a lot of people camped at the private campground across the street? There's also a bunch of campsites in Fall Creek, and further up along Hwy. 58.

And I'm not sure, but I don't think hotels in Eugene fill up for early season games against weak teams, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Not sure what the story was last year. Two years ago, we got a deal at Dexter Shores through the tournament, I believe. Three years ago we camped at the park.
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Not sure what the story was last year. Two years ago, we got a deal at Dexter Shores through the tournament, I believe. Three years ago we camped at the park.
                Last year there was no camping at Dexter, the year before there was. I camped there.

Bob

Comment

Not sure what the story was last year.
                  Last year we were told, pretty late in the game, that no camping would be allowed at the course [insert grrrrrr emoticon here].

So we basically rented all the camping spots at Dexter Shores.

But Dexter Shores was pretty strict about the numbers of campers/vehicles on each site, and the need to keep quiet hours after 10 or so since there's a number of long term renters there.

We didn't have any complaints mainy because Marx Ramirez stepped up to play both good cop and bad cop based on the emotional needs of whoever was stepping out of line.

If you head over to Fall Creek (just north of Lowell) you can find Cascara campground on the south shore. That'd be closest to Dexter. There are also campgrounds if you drive on the north shore of Fall Creek reservoir but they're a bit farther out. Otherwise you need to drive towards Oakridge for 15 miles or so and there's several campgrounds up there.

Comment

****Camping****

As you may have figured out, Dexter is out of the equation. Rebecca IS still trying to get a spot reserved behind the Dexter Lake Club. She will find out more whether this will work or not tomorrow.

In the mean time, if you want to book a place to camp you can look at: Dexter Shores (right across the hwy), Fall Creek: Cascara Campgound (across the bridge just north of Lowell, 47 sites), and any number of campgrounds up Fall creek (Windberry, Dolly Vardern, etc).
                    http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_241.php

Also, if you are in a pinch, I have a house with a nice yard in downtown eugene that I am more than willing to open up to anyone who would like to set up a tent. Many of you know me (but many may not). My name is Will Larson, I am the secretary of the EDGC and I am helping out with much of the tourney this year. We can accomodate at least 5 - 8 tents in a secluded back yard in the Whitaker. Please PM me if this sounds of interest. Ninkasi is but 3 blocks away.
                    May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

• Registration Update

Here you go!

Registration has been updated again. Looking forward to an awesome weekend in Dexter and Cottage Grove!

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/62891

www.iRegisteredOnline.com has sponsored some additional prizes for the event so ONLY IF you've used IRO to register, will you be eligible for said bonus prizes. Enjoy!

Comment

• Now I am evolving from asking questions to asking for out and out favors: Is there any ams who might be willing to give me a ride after the morning round from Cottage Grove to Dexter? I'm happy to pay for lunch on the way for the lift. If you know me drop me a pm (hell, even if you don't). As an addendum, I am hoping for someone who is planning on getting to Dexter pretty quick as I'd like to walk the course and play as many holes as my old arm allows before round two.

Comment

• David... you can ride with me. If you're beating me, you'll make it most of the way to Dexter, anyway.
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by loki View Post
                            Now I am evolving from asking questions to asking for out and out favors: Is there any ams who might be willing to give me a ride after the morning round from Cottage Grove to Dexter? I'm happy to pay for lunch on the way for the lift. If you know me drop me a pm (hell, even if you don't). As an addendum, I am hoping for someone who is planning on getting to Dexter pretty quick as I'd like to walk the course and play as many holes as my old arm allows before round two.
                            Shouldn't be a problem getting a ride to Dex from CG after the morning round.

I know I'll have room and won't need lunch. Just speak up during the player's meeting or after the round.

Comment

• Sam, as I have never beaten you I fancy my chances of getting a lift from you
                              thank you both for the offers. If I''m playing out of my skin I will speak up for sure.

I'm excited to be competing with some very familiar faces and names. As I will be playing Cottage Grove blind, if anyone is up for a few holes and walk of the course around 730 sat morning you'll find me at tee 1.

Comment

• ****Camping Info Update****

Rebecca has confirmed an official camp spot less than a mile away from Dexter State Park located on Lost Creek Road. She wanted me to inform anyone that plans on camping there to give her an email to reserve a spot (and to give her an idea of how many plan on using this option). It will be $5 and you will have access to a porta-potty. She will let you know exactly where it is and what other amenities there are when you get in touch with her.

Her email is camocreekrods@msn.com

Again, if you would rather camp in town for any reason my yard and bathrooms are open for friday and saturday night as well. please pm me if interested...
                                May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X