Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signing up other people on IRO

Thanks for the kind words Bryan.

There are really 2 ways to address your concern and a 3rd (and best option will be implemented down the road).

1) Create a new account for your friend. Yes, you'll have to create an entire account on their behalf but assuming that you or others will have to register that same friend for other events, it might not be that crazy for them to have their own account that others use to register them with.

2) Use your own account but put whatever notes you'd like in the comment box while in IRO. There is a text box where people commonly put things like, "For my friend Joe, MPM, PDGA XXXX, Medium Tee Shirt" or whatever. That exact note is sent to the TD and that's a great way to register a friend.

3) EVENTUALLY we'll finalize the 'sub-account' feature. It exists but hasn't been perfected just yet. What that will allow you to do is create 'children' sub-accounts under your profile. Again, you'll just have to set up your 'child' once and then they will always be on your profile. We all have those friends that you are constantly registering for events anyway so this will be a perfect way to do just that. The best part is, your friend Joe Blow could be a 'child' account under 10 other people so anyone of you could go in and sign him up.

I hope this helps out. Also, I didn't stress that tech support for my site can come to me just about anytime. I'm a night owl kinda guy so if people send me a text, e-mail, or phone call, you'll likely get a quick response. Sadly enough, disc golf IS my life and I'm committed to making IRO a great registration service.

Terry

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
    I like the site too, well done sir!

There is one corner case that I was not able to navigate.
    I was attempting to register (and pay for) one of my buddies for the EC via the site. Given that all the meta-data (pdga #, shirt size, division, etc..) for an "order" is tied to the users profile, I was not able to register and pay for someone else. Is there a way to accomplish that when logged in as yourself?

Comment

Should be getting the money to play this tomorrow hope it dont fill up before then this will be my only pdga tourney this year if i can get in
      PDGA # 31451
      2 Mini Aces
      74 Aces
      PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
      DISC GOLF OR DIE
      BOB CABAL
      DISCVANGO
      JEFF ELLIOT
      G-MAN
      JORDAN LEWIS
      JEFF HAGERTY
      JAMES GARCELON
      SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Wow, thanks Terry!

Each of those workarounds are very reasonable and acceptable.
          I really like the concept of "child" accounts as you described it.
          Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Sam speechless?

Bob

Comment

Negative. Just making sure that those things still work...
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Hey Rebecca,
                Just noticed that my name has Warrens stats and pdga number next to it on the list . Is there any way to fix that now or should i just wait and remember to bring it up at check in. Pretty sure it is my fat fingers fault though , shows me as being pdga #47330 but i am actually #47332 (close enough to blame my fingers). Sorry to bother you with petty problems, either way though cant wait to play.

Thanks Much

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Danial View Post
                  Hey Rebecca,
                  Just noticed that my name has Warrens stats and pdga number next to it on the list . Is there any way to fix that now or should i just wait and remember to bring it up at check in. Pretty sure it is my fat fingers fault though , shows me as being pdga #47330 but i am actually #47332 (close enough to blame my fingers). Sorry to bother you with petty problems, either way though cant wait to play.

Thanks Much

Dan
                  Geeesh.....I guess I'll fix it. But from now on, control your fingers because I don't make mistakes like that
                  PDGA President

Comment

Thank you Rebecca, you are even more awsome everyday

Comment

Where are all my ladies?
                      Last year I had 8 pro women and more in advanced. Come on ladies---you'll have fun, just ask the women that played last year......
                      I need Pro, advanced, and intermediate. Come one and come all
                      PDGA President

Comment

Account Fix

Hey Danial,

I got to the bottom of the problem. When you created your IRO account, you accidentally put the wrong PDGA number there. Therefore, when a TD downloads their event info, it would pull that number in. I went ahead and adjusted it on your account permanently so if any other TDs in Oregon use IRO, your account will always come up correctly.

I've also adjusted the PDGA number on the PDGA Pre Registration page as well so now you should show up correctly.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/62891

Thanks!

Terry

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
                        Geeesh.....I guess I'll fix it. But from now on, control your fingers because I don't make mistakes like that

Comment

Sweet. Looks like I'll be able to play this one.
                          Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Hey Rebecca, I would love to get a shirt. Size Large please.
                            Thanks

Dustin #35187

Comment

Originally posted by HoleInOne View Post
                              Hey Rebecca, I would love to get a shirt. Size Large please.
                              Thanks

Dustin #35187
                              Gotcha
                              PDGA President

Comment

Originally posted by discglfr View Post
                                Hey Danial,

I got to the bottom of the problem. When you created your IRO account, you accidentally put the wrong PDGA number there. Therefore, when a TD downloads their event info, it would pull that number in. I went ahead and adjusted it on your account permanently so if any other TDs in Oregon use IRO, your account will always come up correctly.

I've also adjusted the PDGA number on the PDGA Pre Registration page as well so now you should show up correctly.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/62891

Thanks!

Terry
                                Thanks Terry you rock, i had a feeling it was somethingi goofed up durring registration. Thanks again and i will see everyone on the course.

Danial

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X