Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he was talking about you, Matt.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

For the record I did sign up for open women (well actually I messed up and signed up for open men), but they put me in advanced women.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        I don't think he was talking about you, Matt.
        I'm saying that the term "sandbagging" doesn't really fit the situation of age protected proffessional divisions.

Age-bagging, maybe. It's thread drift anyway, let's talk about the tournament!

Can we PLEASE play the courses mostly as they were designed and as we play them all year long? Less hay bales, less rope, more good old fashioned disc golf on a well designed course? It's a bummer every year when the courses I travel to play in tournaments are in their basically normal configurations but when it's my turn for some home cooking I have to play a bunch of unfamiliar holes with added OB and obstacles.

Clearly, this has been holding me back and has forced me to continue sandbagging year after year. I'm NOT bashing, I'm asking, please?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
          If you want to talk about true sandbagging, look for farther than the women's intermediate division. Shameless.
          She has a hell of a moustache. I suspect she's been shooting testosterone.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
            Can we PLEASE play the courses mostly as they were designed and as we play them all year long? Less hay bales, less rope, more good old fashioned disc golf on a well designed course? It's a bummer every year when the courses I travel to play in tournaments are in their basically normal configurations but when it's my turn for some home cooking I have to play a bunch of unfamiliar holes with added OB and obstacles.

Clearly, this has been holding me back and has forced me to continue sandbagging year after year. I'm NOT bashing, I'm asking, please?
            I would like to strongly second this. Dexter rocks in normal layout. Leave her alone, please.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              I would like to strongly second this. Dexter rocks in normal layout. Leave her alone, please.
              I'll do as I darn well please.

I am leaving Dexter alone (although that wasn't me last year) and I'm also leaving Cottage Grove alone. BUT we are playing both A and B pins.
              PDGA President

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post

I am leaving Dexter alone (although that wasn't me last year) and I'm also leaving Cottage Grove alone. BUT we are playing both A and B pins.
                And that's why we have A and B pins!

Thank you!

Comment

If you haven't played Dexter since the last Celeb, keep in mind that she's lost some fir. Holes 6, 7, 12, 13, and 16 are much more forgiving than last year.

Comment

Pffft... as if we assumed anything else?
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I've also added another optional purchase on the registration site----
                      if you signed up for PRO (in any division) and you want a shirt, you have the option of purchase for $20. But if you already signed up and you want a shirt, please let me know by September 2nd.

If you haven't signed up, please note that you need to by September 2nd to be guaranteed a shirt. All AM's get a shirt if they sign up by September 2nd.
                      PDGA President

Comment

I've also added another optional purchase on the registration site----
                        if you signed up for PRO (in any division) and you want a shirt, you have the option of purchase for $20. But if you already signed up and you want a shirt, please let me know by September 2nd.

If you haven't signed up, please note that you need to by September 2nd to be guaranteed a shirt. All AM's get a shirt if they sign up by September 2nd.
                        is it a cute shirt tailored to fit a woman's curves?
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                          Yes, what kind of shirt is it? Some of us have very specific sartorial needs.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                            Who do you think you're talking to? lol
                            PDGA President

Comment

Who do you think you're talking to? lol
                              so i can assume it is pink or baby blue and beyond flattering?

... my needs do be about as sartorial as they come...
                              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                                Yes, what kind of shirt is it? Some of us have very specific sartorial needs.
                                Hopefully like our "Team Oregon" shirts.
                                PDGA President

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X