• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Bowl '09

Here it is ladies and gents. Ice Bowl '09

When: Saturday, January 31, 2009

Where: Timber Park, Estacada

Entry Fee: $10 and 2 cans of food or non-perishable items, proceeds and food donations will go to the Estacada Food Bank

Payment: Checks made payable to Damien Prictor (not Murray) should be sent to: 16055 SE Stark St. # 9, Portland, OR 27233 or you can take them to Jerry Miller at Discgolf Depot

In order to keep the cost down and maximize the proceeds for donation, there will not be a player pack. However, a list of available Ice Bowl merchandise will be available at the event along with an order form and pricing. You can order any items you wish at the event and will be notified as soon as your order is available.

The format will be similar to Worldís Biggest. Itís more casual than standard tournament play, so you can play with friends. A prize will be awarded for the best score in each division. If you would like to donate items for other prizes, such as CTPs, please contact Murray the Brit or Jerry Miller.

Recognized divisions will be: Pro, Advanced, Womenís, Amateur, Recreational

If you have any questions please contact Murray the Brit or Jerry Miller. Contact information is below.

Murray the Brit: 503-956-9530; murraybeetle@hotmail.com
    Jerry Miller: 503-771-9900; jerry@discgolfdepot.com

Letís make this a good one!!

Since there is no players pack, will day of registration be available?

Comment

i forgot to put a time one there
      9:00am – 3:00pm, come for any portion of the day
      Registration accepted pre-event or on day-of

Comment

So... this isn't a tournament? Just another World's Biggest type event?

Saves me some money... but it is too bad we won't have a proper Ice Bowl this year. Not that I don't appreciate your efforts, Murray... it just won't be the same without the competition that would draw Feldberg, Jenkins, Sprague, etc...
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

My understanding of an Ice Bowl is that it is charitable first, and a good time second. Not everything has to be a competition...or does it?
          Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
            Not everything has to be a competition...or does it?
            For Sam it does...

Comment

Everything must be a competition. Yeah... that's exactly what I was saying, Justin.

This will be a different Ice Bowl from years past. Not saying one is better than the other but - for me - the draw of the competition that brought Feldberg, Jenkins, Sprague, Papa and others from distant locales is what made Ice Bowls of the past very cool.

I mean, sure... we could use a World's Ice Biggest Extravaganza Bowl.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Then what is holding you back from running an Ice Bowl like years past?
                Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

different reasons

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  So... this isn't a tournament? Just another World's Biggest type event?

Saves me some money... but it is too bad we won't have a proper Ice Bowl this year. Not that I don't appreciate your efforts, Murray... it just won't be the same without the competition that would draw Feldberg, Jenkins, Sprague, etc...
                  What the heck is a "proper" Ice Bowl?
                  Do you think it was only the competition that drew Dave and Ave?
                  Or are you just being a rebel because Miller is involved?
                  Ice Bowls started out (1988) similar to other tourney's and then for the last 12 years or so, the emphasis (for the most part) has been on fun and charity.
                  It might not "be the same" for you Sam, but it might be for the peeps benefiting from IB charity gigs.
                  Personally I'd rather hand over a $500 check to a food bank than watch Dave and Ave compete.
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  - Anonymous

Comment

WOW!!!

Taking "Thread-Jacking" to a new level. Way to put your best foot forward in the name of Charity!

Back to the topic at hand....

Sounds like a good event. Hope we can come together and have a fun day and put together a nice denation for the Food Bank. As it's not a highly cometative atmosphere, my wife and brother inlaw or some other friends may be interested in playing this event. Thanks for making something happen Murray & Co.

Comment

Wow... it is kind of sad that one cannot express their opinion - and state it as such - without getting hammered for it. Thread-jacking? Am I not talking about the ice bowl?

Gawain ran the best Ice Bowls bar none. A fly mart. High level of competition. Fun games and side activities. Good food. Oh... and fun and chatiry (sic) were there, too. It sounds like all of these things (except maybe the chatiry and fun) will be missing from this year's event which is why I stated that I am disappointed and will not be attending.

Yes, Jerry Miller's involvement will also help to keep me away as I am not interested in supporting the cancer in our community, but this was secondary or tertiary in my decision.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

how many people can register for event
                        sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

there is no limit

Comment

Which charity is IB benefiting this year?

I like that it is at Timber this year, sounds fun.
                            "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Estacada Food Bank

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X