Sausage Guy #2: The Cheesesteak Challenge! BYOP Dubs. Pier Park August 7th Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sausage Guy #2: The Cheesesteak Challenge! BYOP Dubs. Pier Park August 7th

Sausage Guy #2: The Cheesesteak Challange! BYOP Dubs. Pier Park
    NO PRE-REGISTRATION
    Sunday, August 7, 2011 10am ∑ Pier Park! Portland, Oregon. 2 divisions AM/Mixed and ADV.
    Sausage Guy makes Cheesesteaks! Bring your own partner doubles!
    Food, soda, Beer(21 and over), CTP's, Prizes, Pay outs!
    All Included in the $10 Per-person entry.
    Last edited by DGOD! Disc Golf; July 7th, 2011, 11:28 AM.
    sigpic
    http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

cheesesteak challenge

Hey folks this shall be an epic event.....Mr dan brown and my second event together 175 of u showed up for the first one!!!!I shall be making cheesesteaks and we will have a yet to be determined beer sponser....oh yea its at pier park!!!!!!we shall take the awards and raffle contest to plews brews!!Randy Plew has been very generous throwing in growlers at tournaments and givin wooden nickels for free beer to random discgolfers....lets pump some love in to his buisness!!!hope to see you all there...peace sausage guy
    sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

Is this a fundraiser again???
      PDGA # 31451
      2 Mini Aces
      75 Aces
      PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
      DISC GOLF OR DIE
      BOB CABAL
      DISCVANGO
      JEFF ELLIOT
      G-MAN
      JORDAN LEWIS
      JEFF HAGERTY
      JAMES GARCELON
      SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
        Is this a fundraiser again???
        not a fundraiser...the objective is to have a ten dollar tornament include beer and food and have a hell of a good time for all attending....then to plews brews for awards and raffle and give that local establishment some buisness and exsposure

Comment

Hate to be a stick in the mud but isn't there a no alcohol rule at Pier? Just worried about the event getting barged in on by pesky authority types...

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonH View Post
            Hate to be a stick in the mud but isn't there a no alcohol rule at Pier? Just worried about the event getting barged in on by pesky authority types...
            as a vendor im allowed a special use permit so i can have beer sanctioned in one area....tourney central.......beer permits are generally allowed anyway they just charge a fee!

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonH View Post
              as a vendor im allowed a special use permit so i can have beer sanctioned in one area....tourney central.......beer permits are generally allowed anyway they just charge a fee!

Comment

double awesome. I'm there.

Comment

Few issues...

Is the park going to be closed/rented out for this event? I can't imagine all the casuals being too happy about the 100 plus golfers there, not to mention the amount of wear on the course from such a large gathering.

Lets say ONLY 150 people show up for this one. If my math is correct, (and it is) that would be 8.33 players per pad.
                  With that many people, how long will the round take? How long before you get to throw again?

During Pittser's Pier Doubles there is only 4 per card and never more than 70 players, and that round still takes forever! As a die hard golfer that runs a little long at times, and I'm sure most would agree that a 5 hour round doesn't sound too awesome...

Originally, I was excited for this tourney. Beer, Tim's delicious dogs, Pier, but after putting things together it feels like it could be a catastrophe.

Any responses to these issues would be great.

Comment

I was planning on pushing my daughter in her stroller for this, but now I'm reconsidering.

Comment

I fail to see an issue with crowding or erosion. I also fail to care about what casual golfers will think about a tournament going on.

You provided all of the reasons for why we should attend: Beer, Tim's delicious dogs, Pier.

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by STR8MaxWeight View Post

Any responses to these issues would be great.
                        Well, you start by assuming that 150 people WILL show up, which is quite the assumption, but here goes....

"wear on the course" have you ever been to a tournament at pier?
                        Tim is making cheesesteaks!
                        We MIGHT have a few ghost groups.
                        It WILL take longer than a normal round, but again, have you ever played in a tournament?
                        It could be a catastrophe... but I dont think so
                        Who is this?
                        I would either suggest you save yourself the AGONY of worrying about all these things and dont go. (That would drop the number of players per tee-pad to 8.27 and might save everyone a good couple of minutes)
                        Or.... just show up, chill out, stop running a little(lot) long, and have a good time. The choice is obviously yours.
                        Hope to see you
                        Dan
                        sigpic
                        http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

all that really needs to be said is.......Disc Golf Or Die......thats all folks

Comment

Originally posted by DGOD! Disc Golf View Post
                            Well, you start by assuming that 150 people WILL show up, which is quite the assumption, but here goes....

"wear on the course" have you ever been to a tournament at pier?
                            Tim is making cheesesteaks!
                            We MIGHT have a few ghost groups.
                            It WILL take longer than a normal round, but again, have you ever played in a tournament?
                            It could be a catastrophe... but I dont think so
                            Who is this?
                            I would either suggest you save yourself the AGONY of worrying about all these things and dont go. (That would drop the number of players per tee-pad to 8.27 and might save everyone a good couple of minutes)
                            Or.... just show up, chill out, stop running a little(lot) long, and have a good time. The choice is obviously yours.
                            Hope to see you
                            Dan
                            Where is the fuggin' like button...
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The cat and the melon definitely rocks!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X