Sausage Guy #2: The Cheesesteak Challenge! BYOP Dubs. Pier Park August 7th Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Lunchtime is closed until noon on Sunday.

As for the "unforeseen circumstances", well... I don't know how "unforeseen" they were and am a little disappointed that the diligence needed to make this event happen was simply not done.

In any case, the event is now going towards raising $ for baskets at Lunchtime so that is more than enough reason for me to attend this.
    AGREED!!!
    PDGA # 31451
    2 Mini Aces
    75 Aces
    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
    DISC GOLF OR DIE
    BOB CABAL
    DISCVANGO
    JEFF ELLIOT
    G-MAN
    JORDAN LEWIS
    JEFF HAGERTY
    JAMES GARCELON
    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

As for the "unforeseen circumstances", well... I don't know how "unforeseen" they were and am a little disappointed that the diligence needed to make this event happen was simply not done.
      That's not what I heard , but since we are now deluging the various parks people with anonymous e-mail complaints to sabotage events I don't have the time to post anymore on this thread, I need to get the smear campaign up and running to quash some more events!

Sure hope every single event on the upcoming schedule has a rock solid contract with the owners of the parks they are using, because a few nasty anonymous e-mails is all it seems to take these days...
      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
        That's not what I heard , but since we are now deluging the various parks people with anonymous e-mail complaints to sabotage events I don't have the time to post anymore on this thread, I need to get the smear campaign up and running to quash some more events!

Sure hope every single event on the upcoming schedule has a rock solid contract with the owners of the parks they are using, because a few nasty anonymous e-mails is all it seems to take these days...
        I'm sure no one on the forum would consider acting anonymously as a valid way to make criticisms heard.

Comment

• Bazinga!

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
          I'm sure no one on the forum would consider acting anonymously as a valid way to make criticisms heard.
          MATT B FOR THE WIN!
          Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
          Or does here stand the last remaining man
          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Lunchtime is closed until noon on Sunday.

In any case, the event is now going towards raising $ for baskets at Lunchtime so that is more than enough reason for me to attend this.
            A fundraiser for new baskets for Lunchtime? Awesome idea!
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• as the disc golf world turns
              PDGA # 31451
              2 Mini Aces
              75 Aces
              PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
              DISC GOLF OR DIE
              BOB CABAL
              DISCVANGO
              JEFF ELLIOT
              G-MAN
              JORDAN LEWIS
              JEFF HAGERTY
              JAMES GARCELON
              SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                Yeah... I don't believe that that happened. I believe that the permit to run this event was never attained and no clearance with Portland Parks was ever given to hold this event. Had it been cleared first, I don't think any number of emails would have made much of a difference in this case.

Too bad this guy doesn't have hips because it seems like his aim and your aim would be the same here.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• cheesesteak challenge

hi folks will post one time to clear up a few things.....first of all dillegence was done.....there was some miscommunication from the PARKS department as to the reservation for the park....this was worked out all set togo...jordon is absolutely right....due to whiney annon emails to the parks department from fellow discgolfers the event had a redflag of sorts...yes i could have elected to keep the challenge there,but ultimately had to decide to move the event as i have built a solid relationship with parks and recreation and want to keep it that way..so....there you have it.. im awfully sorry would love to doit at pier this year hornings will probably be the spot again from here on out....lunchtime will be alot of fun and will work fine......also anyone that doesnt read this post will still be able to have ther doubles round recorded at pier for some.random prizes and offerings at plews brews as i believe they are still doing music there ..... tthank you all very much and i hope this clears things up....peace
                  sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

• *exits conversation.

See you all on Sunday.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• To whomever "anonymously" emailed the Parks dept, and led to the demise (moving) of this event:
                      *) In what way did sabotaging the Cheesesteak Challenge further your personal goals?
                      *) What are your personal goals?
                      *) Did you weigh the pros and cons of the short-term and long-term consequences of your actions?
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• whoever is there, or wherever it is at, I will just be happy to have Danny Brown Jr. as my partner so we can win. And I will be even more happy to be at lunchtime where the BEST group of golfers in the world is at everyday, Lunchtime DGC! DISC GOLF OR DIE! I don't care where it is at, a DGOD event is still a DGOD event! It could be held at the swamp in the rain in the dark with 10 people, but if it was thrown by DGOD it would be a great time.

to everyone who is going out of their way and spending there free time to put on this event for US. you guys rock!
                        Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                          To whomever "anonymously" emailed the Parks dept, and led to the demise (moving) of this event:
                          *) In what way did sabotaging the Cheesesteak Challenge further your personal goals?
                          *) What are your personal goals?
                          *) Did you weigh the pros and cons of the short-term and long-term consequences of your actions?
                          Just to be clear, has anyone on this forum read the alleged e-mails? Do we really know their content or tone?

Comment

• change of subject.....

mik and my self are still looking for a place to crash for saturday night.. send me or mik a pm if u can put us up

Comment

• I might be able to help. Let me check with the roommate...
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Hmm...

Can't help but feel partially responsible for the "demise" (moving) of this event for bringing up the subject in the first place.

But, hopefully in the future the right steps will be taken so the event location can remain unchanged.

Definitely don't believe that an error by the Parks Dept. would make it an issue to still play at Pier.

If we want disc golf to be taken seriously outside of the community, and truly let the sport grow, then we must take it seriously and not do shady business.

I respect disc golf and I'd like it if others did the same.

Disc Golf then Die...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X