Sausage Guy #2: The Cheesesteak Challenge! BYOP Dubs. Pier Park August 7th Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh....

First of all, I did not have an aggressive tone towards DGOD or Tim.

My assumption of 150 players (which may be a low estimate) came from the posting that said 174 came out last time! At Hornings nonetheless, this being at Pier will probably bring more golfers due merely to the location.

I've played multiple tournaments at Pier, and OBVIOUSLY they took longer than normal rounds, BUT! The park was rented and no recreational players were there.

The fact that it is on a weekend and Pier is a popular place, unlike Hornings to an extent, will bring out these casual golfers that Sam doesn't care about. People will show up hoping to play a somewhat "quick round" with a buddy and realize very quickly that they'll have to either leave or just simply deal with it. That sucks for them. Easy to say when it doesn't effect you.

At the end of the day, you can't just "USE" the park for your profits if it inhibits the public from using the course under what should be normal circumstances, a weekend with no rental agreement. We all pay taxes and give to the donation box, and all deserve to play at our own accord, unless the course is of course, rented.

Comment

I thought I said...

One negative opinion noted. We know who won't be coming. Awesome. Anyone who shows up at Pier on the weekend and expects to play a "quick round" is fooling themselves. Those days are long over.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by STR8MaxWeight View Post
        Sigh....

First of all, I did not have an aggressive tone towards DGOD or Tim.

My assumption of 150 players (which may be a low estimate) came from the posting that said 174 came out last time! At Hornings nonetheless, this being at Pier will probably bring more golfers due merely to the location.

I've played multiple tournaments at Pier, and OBVIOUSLY they took longer than normal rounds, BUT! The park was rented and no recreational players were there.

The fact that it is on a weekend and Pier is a popular place, unlike Hornings to an extent, will bring out these casual golfers that Sam doesn't care about. People will show up hoping to play a somewhat "quick round" with a buddy and realize very quickly that they'll have to either leave or just simply deal with it. That sucks for them. Easy to say when it doesn't effect you.

At the end of the day, you can't just "USE" the park for your profits if it inhibits the public from using the course under what should be normal circumstances, a weekend with no rental agreement. We all pay taxes and give to the donation box, and all deserve to play at our own accord, unless the course is of course, rented.
        WOW! Look man(or Woman? Who are you?), your first post was about more than the rights of casual disc golfers. You asked about the tounament and how it would be run, and how it might be a "catastrophe", and how it would put alot of "wear" on the course, and how you wanted to play in it untill you started "putting things together".
        And now its: "you can't just "USE" the park for your profits"? what??
        Im not sure who you are, but maybe we'll rent the park and STILL let you play through! And give you a free cheesesteak and a free beer(if you're over 21?)
        Though i have a funny feeling you still wouldnt be happy... Im willing

Just fill out the small form below for your free beer and cheesesteak!

*Name______________________________________
        sigpic
        http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

Dan Brown is my favorite poster - bar none.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I guess it would be better to rent and close the park so casual players can't play at all rather than hope they can deal with a little back-up. Perhaps Mr. Humplick would like that better?

Me thinks we need to put away the troll food and let this guy get back to the underside of a bridge, somewhere. That, and we should maybe let him know that his account can be deleted for not providing factual information at registration - like his name. I mean... we can hope that's the case... for his sake.
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

This thread is hilarious. I do think you should rent the course if it isn't too cost prohibitive, though. There really was an insane turnout at Save the Sausage Guy and I wouldn't expect any less at this event. Might even be wise to consider adding a few holes, in addition? It's very easy to be less dickish about the subject than Mr. Humplick here was, though.
              Last edited by HarrisonH; July 19th, 2011, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Me thinks we need to put away the troll food and let this guy get back to the underside of a bridge,

i didn't see trozzle chime in here....y we talking about him???

Comment

Just fill out the small form below for your free beer and cheesesteak!

*Name_rj mazza_aka__ATUNGA_____________________[/QUOTE]

Comment

Dan Brown is an awesome fella!

Sam "The Ultimate, just played pro, Bagger" Gibson is too...

But instead of teaming up and having hilarious takes on my posts, why not just address my issues?

Stumptown, Firefly and any other club that has thrown a tournament of this magnitude has A: Rented the course and B: given back to the course, signs, clean-up, donation box, kiosk, etc..

What are you giving back? A six hour round? Having to wait an hour for Tim to cook up cheesesteaks for 100+? An award ceremony at a pub that realistically hasn't done anything for the disc golf community? Can Danny Brown Jr. even go?

DGOD and Tim(and now Sam) haven't done anything wrong, except not addressing the issues.. In a mature fashion.

And Dan, why do you want to know who I am so badly? What will that solve?

Thanks, Cornelius

Comment

And Dan, why do you want to know who I am so badly? What will that solve?

Thanks, Cornelius
                      We all want to know, at this point. You speak with a strong mind, whether or not people are agreeing with you. Then again, you come with such a biased point of view, you would be the first to know why you aren't sharing your identity. I really do think your concerns are valid, but could be better spoken. Cheers, Mr. Humplick

Comment

I say we add more holes. and if there is no ball or soccer happening, we should utilize the fields. that will give us some serious wiggle room. maybe even use the wooded side near RCO TC?

Ahaha!!!!

Comment

mr humplick

you make strong assumptions and rather than make annon post maybe ask someone directly.....there is a reason we are starting early and playing one round.....so we wont be taking up the course all day for your info there is discussion about renting the course for half the day and certinly we would let others play through.......if u wanna be a part there are a number of courses to play but dont be a stick in the mud or a whiner.....
                          sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

Dan Brown is an awesome fella!

Sam "The Ultimate, just played pro, Bagger" Gibson is too...

But instead of teaming up and having hilarious takes on my posts, why not just address my issues?
                            Probably because someone who registers for the site anonymously for the sole purpose of criticizing someone's event comes across like an irrelevant douchebag? You're probably not one, but imagine your feelings if the situation was reversed. Why not just raise your legitimate concerns in a legitimate way. You're the one acting like you are doing something wrong.

Comment

We also have forum rules about providing your REAL name when you register.

How about instead of dealing with your questions, we just ban you for breaking the forum rules, eh? We are close, friend. I would suggest if you want to post here and be taken seriously, you follow our simple rules. That is all. I will give you until the end of the day to do the right thing.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                We also have forum rules about providing your REAL name when you register.

How about instead of dealing with your questions, we just ban you for breaking the forum rules, eh? We are close, friend. I would suggest if you want to post here and be taken seriously, you follow our simple rules. That is all. I will give you until the end of the day to do the right thing.
                                but, sam, plenty of people have accounts without their real names... gonna ban 'em all??? (i mean, that's fine with me, i find it totally irritating when i can't see the real name of the folks what been creeping my profile page... )
                                Last edited by emmarose; July 21st, 2011, 10:50 AM.
                                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X