Stumptown Summer Bag Tag Bash & BSF Volunteer Party - Sat July 23rd at Stub Stewart Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumptown Summer Bag Tag Bash & BSF Volunteer Party - Sat July 23rd at Stub Stewart

Stumptown Summer Bag Tag Bash & BSF Volunteer Party

Sat July 23rd at Stub Stewart

Stumptown Disc Golf would like to invite all Stumptown members (past & present), family, friends and potential members to the 1st Annual Summertime Bag Tag Bash. We will be holding two different bag tag rounds, a bar-b-que lunch and a BSF Volunteer Raffle. Don't worry, if you don't have a bag tag they will be available at the event. Also, if you are not a bag-tagger, you're more than welcome to just show up and play!

We will also be celebrating all of the volunteers who stepped up to help out at the Beaver State Fling. The event turned out wonderfully and it is all due to our awesome crew of volunteers. We figured this would be a good way to say thank you to everyone who helped out.

Stumptown Disc Golf will be supplying Burgers, Dogs, Chips and Non-Alcoholic Beverages. This is a "Bring Your Own Alcohol" event.

Bag Tag Bash Schedule:

8:30am-9:00am: Bag tag turn in for round #1

12:00am-2:00pm: Lunch

1:30pm: BSF Volunteer Raffle (Tons o Swag!)

1:30pm-2:00pm: Bag tag turn in for round #2

2:00pm: Bag Tag Round #2 starts

5:00pm-6:00pm: Wrap it up

Whether you have a bag tag or not... I encourage you to make the trip out to Stub Stewart to join us for this party. We will have great disc golf, good food, and awesome company, so come on out and join in the fun. We would love to have you there.

Last edited by Bullseye; July 6th, 2011, 08:58 AM.

• Darr
    replied
    Originally posted by ned.blaze View Post
    Sorry guys, just now seeing all these posts. Your right Darr that was punk of me not to put my tag in the hat. When I seen you Monday I had just gotten it and hadn't attached it to my bag yet, but I was unaware of the Stumptown tag rules, shame on me. I got #4 and will be bringin it with me this monday fa sho!! Peace
    Hide it until then, lol

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
    No worries Ned. Everybody gets one. Sorry if it sounded like I was jumping all over you. Sounds to me like you're a stand up kinda guy. I'll try to make it out to next week's LL.
    I know Ned Blaisdell. Ned Blaisdell is - inded - a stand-up guy. Show up Monday, Jordan, and I will have something special for you to drink.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Fingers
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam View Post
    And then... there was fire.
    But the funniest thing about that situation was that Roger ended up with that tag and still has it to this day in his smoking lounge (garage).

Originally posted by ned.blaze View Post
    Sorry guys, just now seeing all these posts. Your right Darr that was punk of me not to put my tag in the hat. When I seen you Monday I had just gotten it and hadn't attached it to my bag yet, but I was unaware of the Stumptown tag rules, shame on me. I got #4 and will be bringin it with me this monday fa sho!! Peace
    No worries Ned. Everybody gets one. Sorry if it sounded like I was jumping all over you. Sounds to me like you're a stand up kinda guy. I'll try to make it out to next week's LL.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
    Neither is "Hey you were not done when we finished our round, so we just took off with our tags," which is MY reason for no longer playing SDG bag Tag.

signed, Grumpy Old Man
    And then... there was fire.

Leave a comment:

• ned.blaze
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Originally posted by Darr View Post
    "I just got it and would like to hold onto it for a while" isn't part of playing tags.
    Neither is "Hey you were not done when we finished our round, so we just took off with our tags," which is MY reason for no longer playing SDG bag Tag.

signed, Grumpy Old Man

Leave a comment:

• GrummyBear
    replied
    I beat Ned today at pier I now have #3, he has #4. Sorry Darr but #3 is now officially out of your range!!

Leave a comment:

• Darr
    replied
    Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    While I agree that the tag should have been put up for grabs... I really wonder if this could not have been solved reasonably without calling him out on a public message board? Seriously, the guy just bought a tag, played very well in his first tag match, and this is what he gets to remember about the entire process. Ugh. Do we not cut anyone ANY slack anymore?

Grumpy Much? This is not the same as James putting the #1 tag on his desk at home and FORGETTING to bring it EVERY time. Favorite Quote: "Its a bag tag James, not a desk tag. You put it on your BAG."

Jeff
    I am not interested in actually getting the tag now that the milk is spilt, the reason Graham brought it was so he could play it there. I thought reminding Ned to play his tag on this board the night before and before we began our round was slack enough. There were 5 other Stumptown tags in play. I posted here to rib him a little, no worries. There are rules Smokey...

Leave a comment:

• Sean Phillips
    replied
    "Its a bag tag James, not a desk tag. You put it on your BAG."Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Bullseye
    replied
    Yeah we need to recalibrate the Grumpy meter in my case, I have pegged the meter and bent the needle.

I forgot about that great quote though...so I got that going for me now!

I will try my best to refrain from any more comments on bag tags in this or any other forum.

You are forgiven... You get credit for time served

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Fingers
    replied
    Grumpy Much? This is not the same as James putting the #1 tag on his desk at home and FORGETTING to bring it EVERY time. Favorite Quote: "Its a bag tag James, not a desk tag. You put it on your BAG."

Jeff
    Yeah we need to recalibrate the Grumpy meter in my case, I have pegged the meter and bent the needle.

I forgot about that great quote though...so I got that going for me now!

I will try my best to refrain from any more comments on bag tags in this or any other forum.

Leave a comment:

• LegoRules
    replied
    I am still not sure why you wouldn't play this tag at league on Monday. "I just got it and would like to hold onto it for a while" isn't part of playing tags. Especially considering I should have #3 right now.
    These are the rules for the Chick Flick bag tags, which I think are pretty similar to the Stumptown tags.

l. TOURNAMENTS/LEAGUES: It is mandatory to accept challenges at any organized tournament or league. If more than 2 tags are present, all MUST participate. No Match Play unless tournament is Match Play. (Handicapped leagues: play is straight up)

m. The tags are thrown into a pool and distributed by score at the end of the tourney/league not round by round. No sudden death to decide ties and final nine rounds/playoffs exempt from challenges.

n. Players in different flights in tournaments are competing against only other players in the same flight

Someone has got to take the initiative though at the leauges to call for all the Stumptown tags, and collect them. Then stick around at the end to figure out who gets what tag. If Darr had called for all the Stumptown tags Ned would have had to throw in that #3. That is my understanding anyways on how it works. I actually forgot to collect the Chick Flick tags on Monday opps.

Here is a link to the Stumptown bag tag rules:

http://www.stumptowndiscgolf.org/node/22

Cindy

Leave a comment:

• Bullseye
    replied
    I am still not sure why you wouldn't play this tag at league on Monday. "I just got it and would like to hold onto it for a while" isn't part of playing tags. Especially considering I should have #3 right now.
    While I agree that the tag should have been put up for grabs... I really wonder if this could not have been solved reasonably without calling him out on a public message board? Seriously, the guy just bought a tag, played very well in his first tag match, and this is what he gets to remember about the entire process. Ugh. Do we not cut anyone ANY slack anymore?

And now we have hit upon the main reason why I refuse to play bag tags anymore!

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Fingers
    replied
    I call shenanigans!

And now we have hit upon the main reason why I refuse to play bag tags anymore!

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X