Stumptown Summer Bag Tag Bash & BSF Volunteer Party - Sat July 23rd at Stub Stewart Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all that came out and to stumptown for this great party.I still cant believe I won a basket...thanks again.Going to go use it right now.
    Also thanks to all the people that have made and still keep on making this sport more everyday without you disc golf wouldn't be

DISC GOLF RULES
    PDGA # 31451
    2 Mini Aces
    75 Aces
    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
    DISC GOLF OR DIE
    BOB CABAL
    DISCVANGO
    JEFF ELLIOT
    G-MAN
    JORDAN LEWIS
    JEFF HAGERTY
    JAMES GARCELON
    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by overstable, underthrown View Post
      Oh yeah, great trophy!! Who made that?
      Rick Jones made, and donated the trophy along with a couple of basket bangles for ctps.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
        Rick Jones made, and donated the trophy along with a couple of basket bangles for ctps.

Cindy
        Do we have a picture of said Basket Bangles?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
          I knew I had forgotten something really important when I made my first post. Thank you for picking up my slack Emma.

Yes, thank you so much Genessa. You stepped up and pretty much ran the show for us and I really appreciate it. It allowed me to actually get out there and have some fun! Thanks again for all of your help.
          of course i got your back, hagerty... thank you for teaching me how to spell her name... i did my best and from now on will do it proper.
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by ned.blaze View Post
            Awesome!! See you up there
            It will be good to use my Stumptown tag at Lunchtime League finally. See you there!
            Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
            Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks to all for your kind words. I had a fantastic time out there on Saturday (with the lingering reminder of a sunburn ). You all can expect to see me at many more events to come. If that's a problem for you, speak now or forever hold your peace. Or just hold your peace regardless. I'll be there and you can't stop me. LOL

Genessa
              Last edited by Mrs The Brit; July 27th, 2011, 12:12 AM.
              Genessa (a.k.a Murray the Brit's wife), disc golf groupie and math geek extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by ned.blaze View Post
                Awesome!! See you up there
                I am still not sure why you wouldn't play this tag at league on Monday. "I just got it and would like to hold onto it for a while" isn't part of playing tags. Especially considering I should have #3 right now.
                Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

I call shenanigans!

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                  I am still not sure why you wouldn't play this tag at league on Monday. "I just got it and would like to hold onto it for a while" isn't part of playing tags. Especially considering I should have #3 right now.
                  And now we have hit upon the main reason why I refuse to play bag tags anymore!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                  Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                  Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                  Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                  Or does here stand the last remaining man
                  To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                  No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                  Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                  Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

While I agree that the tag should have been put up for grabs... I really wonder if this could not have been solved reasonably without calling him out on a public message board? Seriously, the guy just bought a tag, played very well in his first tag match, and this is what he gets to remember about the entire process. Ugh. Do we not cut anyone ANY slack anymore?

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                    And now we have hit upon the main reason why I refuse to play bag tags anymore!
                    Grumpy Much? This is not the same as James putting the #1 tag on his desk at home and FORGETTING to bring it EVERY time. Favorite Quote: "Its a bag tag James, not a desk tag. You put it on your BAG."

Jeff
                    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

These are the rules for the Chick Flick bag tags, which I think are pretty similar to the Stumptown tags.

l. TOURNAMENTS/LEAGUES: It is mandatory to accept challenges at any organized tournament or league. If more than 2 tags are present, all MUST participate. No Match Play unless tournament is Match Play. (Handicapped leagues: play is straight up)

m. The tags are thrown into a pool and distributed by score at the end of the tourney/league not round by round. No sudden death to decide ties and final nine rounds/playoffs exempt from challenges.

n. Players in different flights in tournaments are competing against only other players in the same flight

Someone has got to take the initiative though at the leauges to call for all the Stumptown tags, and collect them. Then stick around at the end to figure out who gets what tag. If Darr had called for all the Stumptown tags Ned would have had to throw in that #3. That is my understanding anyways on how it works. I actually forgot to collect the Chick Flick tags on Monday opps.

Here is a link to the Stumptown bag tag rules:

http://www.stumptowndiscgolf.org/node/22

Cindy
                      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                      Stumptown #176
                      PDGA #37716

Comment

Grumpy Much? This is not the same as James putting the #1 tag on his desk at home and FORGETTING to bring it EVERY time. Favorite Quote: "Its a bag tag James, not a desk tag. You put it on your BAG."

Jeff
                        Yeah we need to recalibrate the Grumpy meter in my case, I have pegged the meter and bent the needle.

I forgot about that great quote though...so I got that going for me now!

I will try my best to refrain from any more comments on bag tags in this or any other forum.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                        Or does here stand the last remaining man
                        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                          Yeah we need to recalibrate the Grumpy meter in my case, I have pegged the meter and bent the needle.

I forgot about that great quote though...so I got that going for me now!

I will try my best to refrain from any more comments on bag tags in this or any other forum.

You are forgiven... You get credit for time served
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

"Its a bag tag James, not a desk tag. You put it on your BAG."Jeff

Comment

While I agree that the tag should have been put up for grabs... I really wonder if this could not have been solved reasonably without calling him out on a public message board? Seriously, the guy just bought a tag, played very well in his first tag match, and this is what he gets to remember about the entire process. Ugh. Do we not cut anyone ANY slack anymore?

Jeff
                              I am not interested in actually getting the tag now that the milk is spilt, the reason Graham brought it was so he could play it there. I thought reminding Ned to play his tag on this board the night before and before we began our round was slack enough. There were 5 other Stumptown tags in play. I posted here to rib him a little, no worries. There are rules Smokey...
                              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

I beat Ned today at pier I now have #3, he has #4. Sorry Darr but #3 is now officially out of your range!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X