Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Emerald Valley Open (TEVO) July 24th- Alton Baker Park

Hey everyone,

We are proud to announce the return of The Emerald Valley Open to Alton Baker Disc Golf Course. Alton Baker is still in the works becoming a permanent course. This event is aimed at showcasing Disc Golf to the other park users and community at large.

Please stay tuned for announcements on work parties and sneak preview rounds. We will be playing pretty much the same layout as previous events (so we don't confuse the parks dept with new holes etc).

Pro- $43
    Adv- $33
    Am- $33
    Rec/Junior- $23

The following is included in your entry fee.
    -$1 toward Ace-Pot
    -$2 toward Event Fees (copies, scorecards, maps, flags etc)

Player Sign-up and Check-in will be from 8:30-9:30. Player's meeting is at 9:45 and Tee-Off at 10:00AM SHARP. One round in the morning with an hour lunch break before the afternoon round (starting at about 1:30-2:00PM).

I am also working on some artwork for possible decals and/or shirts. The focus is getting awareness for the future Alton Baker Disc Golf Course. We will be passing these down very cheap to get more exposure. We look forward to your support of Alton Baker Disc Golf and the Eugene Disc Golf Club.

Please get in touch with me if you would like more information about the event or Alton Baker Disc Golf. Cheers

Andrew Rich
    Pure Disc Golf .Com
    541-337-2942
    purediscgolf@yahoo.com
    Disc Golf Accessories

Non-PDGA?

Comment

Yes. Non-PDGA. Just a fun event aimed at showcasing the Alton Baker Disc Golf Course.
      Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Awesome! I'll be there if i can get the time off

Comment

Nice!! We'll see if I am able to go by then, recovering from a torn calf (ouch). Would love to play though!!

Comment

BUMP

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to keep you posted on developments. We are going to be holding a work party at the course sometime next week. Probably Tuesday to allow me to get back from Lake Tahoe. Please be ready with your clippers, rakes and possibly a mower or weed whacker. The course is looking pretty playable as is but could always use a once over....Thanks!
            Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

I hope everyone understands that this isn't just another fun day at a casual tournament. It is a key stepping stone to getting a course in the ground on a temporary but (long-term temporary) basis.

Installation of this course has been delayed but I believe that (based on some conversations with the resistors) that resistance is softening. Right now there's a grudging acceptance of the fact that some sort of accomodation needs to made in the use of this land in the interest of promoting healthful and inexpensive recreational opportunities in town.

The next steps will be opening the course for three successive Thursdays (July 28, Aug 5 and 12) from 10 AM till dusk. Anyone can come out and play on those days and I believe it'll be free.
              Last edited by Jim J; July 14th, 2011, 10:39 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Breaking News...

So we have a new development for The Emerald Valley Open. Apparently when I filled out the permit they mistook my 7 for a 2 when I put 7pm as the finishing time. They will only approve the permit if we are done by 2pm because of an event at The Cuthbert Amphitheater. We will still be teeing off at 10am but will only be able to play one round.

Due to the time constraint I am also going to lower the entry fees by $10 for Pros, Advanced and Amateurs.

Pros-$33
                Adv/Am-$23
                Rec/Junior-$23

I apologize for the late notification. I have been in Lake Tahoe for the last week and didn't check my messages.

This event is aimed at raising awareness for The Alton Baker Disc Golf Course. The course needs lots of attention so please come out this week if you can make it. I will be out there doing work tomorrow and Thursday between 10AM and 2PM. We need Lawnmowers and weed-whackers to prep the tees and greens. Please let me know if you can come out any other time and we'll see what can be done. Cheers,

Andrew Rich
                purediscgolf@yahoo.com
                Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Hi Andrew.

I sent you a message via facebook regarding prizes from the willamette series. Maybe you aren't getting those messages. Please send me a PM.

Thank you

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
                    So we have a new development for The Emerald Valley Open. Apparently when I filled out the permit they mistook my 7 for a 2 when I put 7pm as the finishing time. They will only approve the permit if we are done by 2pm because of an event at The Cuthbert Amphitheater. We will still be teeing off at 10am but will only be able to play one round.

Due to the time constraint I am also going to lower the entry fees by $10 for Pros, Advanced and Amateurs.

Pros-$33
                    Adv/Am-$23
                    Rec/Junior-$23

I apologize for the late notification. I have been in Lake Tahoe for the last week and didn't check my messages.

This event is aimed at raising awareness for The Alton Baker Disc Golf Course. The course needs lots of attention so please come out this week if you can make it. I will be out there doing work tomorrow and Thursday between 10AM and 2PM. We need Lawnmowers and weed-whackers to prep the tees and greens. Please let me know if you can come out any other time and we'll see what can be done. Cheers,

Andrew Rich
                    purediscgolf@yahoo.com
                    Is the course going to be playable on Saturday?

Comment

Saturday....

Unfortunately the course will only be open on Sunday. The "Bite of Eugene" is taking place on Saturday at Alton Baker Park. There will be flags out to play to if you have the inclination to play object golf or drag a portable around....

Eric,

I am getting you some stuff put together for the Wash and will have someone bring it up. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you I have been out of town. Thanks!
                      Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Baskets?

Hey man, I plan to play on Sunday. Do you need baskets? I can bring my Mach 2 and M14 if needed.

Thanks,

Shawn

Comment

YES! We always need baskets. Better to have more than we need than be a few short. Thanks!!
                          Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X