• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slosh #3?

Any details on Slosh #3 yet?

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Any details on Slosh #3 yet?
    It's going down late February. I need to talk to the TD and see where he's at with things. Then I'll report back. Expect more info by next week.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
      It's going down late February. I need to talk to the TD and see where he's at with things. Then I'll report back. Expect more info by next week.
      Thanks Ryan.

Are the remaining dates set in stone yet?

It would be nice to know so that the dates can be set aside.

Comment

Thanks Ryan.

Are the remaining dates set in stone yet?

It would be nice to know so that the dates can be set aside.
        I wish I had definitive answer for you, Scott, but I don't. Hopefully by next week I'll have everything nailed down for #3 and also the dates for #4. Feel free to keep on me about it!

Comment

Slosh 3 apparently is slated for Feb 21st at Leverich Park. Its posted on the stumptown site, but for some reason no Stumptown representative has posted it on this forum yet.
          Last edited by Trozzle!!!; January 19th, 2009, 12:25 AM.
          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
            Slosh 3 apparently is slated for Feb 21st at Leverich Park. Its posted on the stumptown site, but for some reason no Stumptown representative has posted it on this forum yet.
            Good find Troy, I hadn't even seen that post. Be reminded that it does say "preliminary, subject to change". There is a TD meeting tomorrow night so I'll let them post All the details after that.

Bob

Comment

Make it official!

Sending in paperwork today, so assuming everything is approved the Stumptown Wash Slosh will be held February 21st at Leverich Park

Online registration will begin January 21st at http://store.stumptowndg.com

Thanks, Trozzle for passing on the news early!

P.S. Anyone know a good place to rent portable toilet(s)?

Comment

What is this course like? 18 holes? long, short , technical? How long to play it? Concrete pads? Caddies provided?

Thanks,
                Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                  What is this course like? 18 holes? long, short , technical? How long to play it? Concrete pads? Caddies provided?

Thanks,

12 holes. If I recall, only one over 300', and one at 290'. Most are easy to slightly technical.

Comment

12 holes. If I recall, only one over 300', and one at 290'. Most are easy to slightly technical.
                    To the best of my knowledge there will be added holes. Putters only for YOU Smo.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post

Thanks,
                      Details are still being worked out. Course in it's current configuration is not very long. 12 holes. mostly natural tee pads. However, the tourney layout is a bit different (I use tourney layout loosely because it isn't finalized and can be changed). Tourney layout will add more holes to bring it to at least 15. There will be holes that will be longer and have more difficulty in this layout, including the possible island hole. With that said it should be a fun course and will give some challenge to everyone who plays. Besides it is bringing a PDGA event to SW Washington, I think that is flippin sweet.

Hope to see you there
                      Member of Stumptown DG #82
                      Member of PDGA #34367

Comment

For the most detailed info on the standard Leverich course, go to...

DG Course Review - Leverich Park

Comment

Registration for the Stumptown Wash Slosh is now OPEN!!!!!

Wash Slosh Registration

Due to course restrictions, we are only able to accommodate 64 players in the event. Translation: GO REGISTER RIGHT NOW!

The player's pack for amateur divisions will be a long sleeve cotton t-shirt, a sticker, and maybe something else if I can scrounge something together. The long-sleeve Ts are pretty wicked though!

I am currently fielding constructive questions.

Comment

I'm signed up.
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Preliminary Course Layout Notes for Wash Slosh

I welcome suggestions on proposed changes to the layout at Leverich for the upcoming Wash Slosh. It is our desire to make the course fun and challenging for all levels of players.

Hole 1: Round one normal (current) layout. Round two the basket will be in the short position (so hole 14 (11) can be long) however, the tee will be moved back into the parking lot. Possible O.B. line separating the fairway of 1 & 15 (12).

Hole 2: Normal round 1, possibly move the tee back up hill for round two.

Hole 3 & 5: Add out-of-bounds line down center of field to indicate fairway for each hole, this provides for player safety and makes both holes slightly more challenging. Considering moving basket farther back for round two.

Hole 4: Round one normal layout. Round two move tee to a under the 15th Avenue overpass. Drop zone for mando in round 1

Hole 5: Considering the possibility of moving the tee back for round two.

Hole 6: A new hole located on the north side of the path which runs parallel to the current hole 6. Path and left of path O.B.

Hole 7: Drop zone for missed mando, possible alternate pin placement for round two.

Hole 8: A new hole located just south of the hole 7 basket and throwing east towards the tee for hole 11.

Hole 9: Normal hole 6, (as always) the path and everything to the right (north) of path is out of bounds.

Hole 10: Normal hole 8 first round, second round tee is moved back approximately 100'

Hole 11: Normal hole 9

Hole 12: Normal tee for hole 10, with basket located in the short position. Second round, might be a short hole over the creek.

Hole 13: New hole plays to normal basket 10, tee will be from the path directly west of the basket. Second round would then be the current hole 10. As always, the paths and everything beyond the path is O.B. including south of the far path near creek.

Hole 14: Normal hole 11. Play to short position in round one, plays to long position for round two.

Hole 15: Normal hole 12. Round one plays to normal position, Round two plays to an island basket located in middle of parking lot. Possible O.B. line separating fairway 15 from fairway 1.

Ryan and I will be at Leverich this Saturday at 9 a.m. if anyone wants to find us and make suggestions.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X