Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When in doubt, Roc down the middle!

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Sure, Mike... that's why I said "Everything else being equal" so as to remove the skill level. Hitting a line is a basic skill that we should all be able to do the majority of the time. However, when you hit that line and then have to pull out your Rosary Beads and Prayer Rugs to assist your disc in getting down the un"fairway", we have left the realm of golf and entered the realm of something else entirely...
    Just keep throwing beat up Roc's through those trees youngster!
    Also, it's gudt to know you're talking and (possibly?) relying on prayer again.
    That flat Roc I gave, you won, should be pretty tuned by now. Roc On
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
      Sure, Mike... that's why I said "Everything else being equal" so as to remove the skill level. Hitting a line is a basic skill that we should all be able to do the majority of the time. However, when you hit that line and then have to pull out your Rosary Beads and Prayer Rugs to assist your disc in getting down the un"fairway", we have left the realm of golf and entered the realm of something else entirely...
      So if you win Sam I will congratulate you on being the luckiest hack out there!
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

• Originally posted by emmarose View Post
        which lady is signed up? i still don't see any... is it maggie? 'cause then i'll totally sign up...

... can't get enough disc golf either, but should really take the weekend off...
        Somewhere deep within this thread I do believe Duffy said she signed up.

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash View Post
          So if you win Sam I will congratulate you on being the luckiest hack out there!
          He'd have to sign up first.

Comment

• How Hard Can It Be?

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
            Somewhere deep within this thread I do believe Duffy said she signed up.

Bob
            Don't make me come after you Bob! Rebecca is not signed up and I notified her of this fact. Of course we have a spot saved for her if she wants to play.
            Just a reminder, posting on a forum = bupkus or bupkis or nothing. If you want to play you need to sign up or contact the TD. Time is running out...

Comment

• Originally posted by geo_ducks View Post
              Where are the Chick Flick "can't get enoughers?"
              I sure wish to come but not this year but will look forward to it next year. I need to pay Bryant back whenever I can.
              PDGA 38506
              ODDGA 27
              DDGA 176
              2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

• As a gentle and friendly reminder for all the poo-poo'ers out there, Bryant Park Disc Golf Course exists to make you throw more shots. There are only two ways that we can think of doing that...more distance and more trees. Everything that we did out there we did for a reason. For the most part disc golf courses only get easier over time. We want to make sure that things don't get too easy too fast.

If you live for the 2 then Bryant may not be for you. Just because you can't make a 2 on every hole doesn't mean it's a "crap shoot", either. It means you have to make better and smarter throws....and maybe even forget about the number 2.

So take it easy on the course bashing. We're working our asses off out there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Altophish View Post
                  As a gentle and friendly reminder for all the poo-poo'ers out there, Bryant Park Disc Golf Course exists to make you throw more shots. There are only two ways that we can think of doing that...more distance and more trees. Everything that we did out there we did for a reason. For the most part disc golf courses only get easier over time. We want to make sure that things don't get too easy too fast.

If you live for the 2 then Bryant may not be for you. Just because you can't make a 2 on every hole doesn't mean it's a "crap shoot", either. It means you have to make better and smarter throws....and maybe even forget about the number 2.

So take it easy on the course bashing. We're working our asses off out there!
                  We know you are working your butts off Jeromie; that much is obvious. However, it has been frustrating in the past to see fairways opened up to the existing pin positions... then seeing the baskets pushed back to a point where again there are no reasonable fairways.

I think that about sums up what many people have been feeling down there. These issues are a result of frustration, not animosity or a lack of appreciation for your efforts.

With that said, I will still be down there this weekend to support your event.
                  "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• Yep

[quote=Bullseye;104975]We know you are working your butts off Jeromie; that much is obvious. However, it has been frustrating in the past to see fairways opened up to the existing pin positions... then seeing the baskets pushed back to a point where again there are no reasonable fairways. /quote]

Well said and I have to agree.

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                    I think that about sums up what many people have been feeling down there. These issues are a result of frustration, not animosity or a lack of appreciation for your efforts.
                    Yes and to the degree that we've lost many people who did like to play in our annual tournament. Virtually all of the new long positions in the woods at Bryant were used in the CC before they were "tournament ready" last year. In general they still aren't there yet, but creeping closer.

Comment

• On Saturday lunch will be provided free to all players and helpers -- from Abbey's pizza. This is includes a non-alcoholic beverage.

Comment

• Thanks for all the hard work that's goes into putting this event together to all involved can't wait to get out there and get me those 4's and 5's after all we are going to a brewpub afterwards, plenty of time to forget about those bogeys and double-bogeys
                        "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by sduvaul View Post
                          On Saturday lunch will be provided free to all players and helpers -- from Abbey's pizza. This is includes a non-alcoholic beverage.
                          ... i'm sure this will include a dairy and gluten free option, right?

hahahaha.

"'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

• Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                            ... i'm sure this will include a dairy and gluten free option, right?

hahahaha.

We will provide alternatives if anyone has special needs, but you have to let me know. hahahaha?

Comment

We will provide alternatives if anyone has special needs, but you have to let me know. hahahaha?
                              I PM'd about event sign up Scott

Comment

i'm cool. i have to joke about it 'cause pizza is my favorite, but i'm pretty much off everything delicious... i'll take care of myself... i'm picky, too, so that makes me a total pain in the ass.
                                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X