Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In response to Flash's concerns about the course. This course is still a work in progress. Hole #s 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15 still need blackberry clearing and selective tree trimming. This process will be ongoing until the tournament. The big dead tree on #8 is scheduled to comedown on wednesday. Next will be hole #12. I agree, 6, 7, & 12 in the long position don't have a good route to the basket, we are working on it. We have more help than ever this year, and the course will be in it's best shape ever for the tournament, but it's not going to be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by sduvaul View Post
      In response to Flash's concerns about the course. This course is still a work in progress. Hole #s 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15 still need blackberry clearing and selective tree trimming. This process will be ongoing until the tournament. The big dead tree on #8 is scheduled to comedown on wednesday. Next will be hole #12. I agree, 6, 7, & 12 in the long position don't have a good route to the basket, we are working on it. We have more help than ever this year, and the course will be in it's best shape ever for the tournament, but it's not going to be easy.
      Scott,

I was not picking I was more curious than anything. If there was a local route on 7 I selfishly wanted to know.

Hole 6 had lines to the basket but they were just tight. Tee shot depicted how easy it would be to get par. Poor second shots usually mean bogey. I personally played this hole poorly blind but would play it boringly in competition. I like the layout of hole 12 and the land that is in play there. Some clearing, landing zone creation and that hole will be the best hole on the course, in my opinion.

If I still lived in the mid valley I would be there for every work party. The group that works on this course is a good group of golfers and I eagerly wait to see the course mature.
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

The local route for #7 is a right handed straight lazer, slightly anhyzer. Hit the ground at the first bald spot in the second woods and skip forwards past the short placement, leaving a forty foot birdy putt. Being a short armed lefty, I just play for three.

Comment

Want to Play Bryant Park?

The Albany Monthly is tomorrow with sign up at 9:00, tee at 9:30 cost is $10. Meet at hole #1 parking lot.

Comment

Just signed up for CC this weekend. Operation "can't get enough DG" complete...

Also, at least ONE women is signed up. Where are the Chick Flick "can't get enoughers?"

Comment

Originally posted by sduvaul View Post
              The local route for #7 is a right handed straight lazer, slightly anhyzer. Hit the ground at the first bald spot in the second woods and skip forwards past the short placement, leaving a forty foot birdy putt. Being a short armed lefty, I just play for three.
              Scott

What disc do you throw on that hole typically. I was throwing a beat up eagle that is dead straight and maybe that is how I got into trouble. The shot had no anny on it and hit the trees square and kicked me out to the left for no putt. Maybe I should go with a worked in sidewinder and work the anny flip to try to get inside the trees. can't wait to try it out on Friday, this Friday. Can't wait for some Bryant Park action this weekend.
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

Scott, that hole was fine as it was. If you wanted to add another position, longer was NOT the way to go, in my opinion. Of course, I can say that about oh... all of the woods pins, it seems. Maybe not 8 because I liked that new position but I did notice that that hole didn't get longer.

6, 7, 9... these didn't need to be lengthened.

After playing the course yesterday, I can definitely say that this coming weekend - at least with the pins in the long positions as many seemed to be - we will be having a luck competition rather than a disc golf competition. Everything else being equal, the guy or gal who gets the most luck will win the tournament.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by geo_ducks View Post
                  Just signed up for CC this weekend. Operation "can't get enough DG" complete...

Also, at least ONE women is signed up. Where are the Chick Flick "can't get enoughers?"
                  which lady is signed up? i still don't see any... is it maggie? 'cause then i'll totally sign up...

... can't get enough disc golf either, but should really take the weekend off...
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

NO! You must play and float with us to the brewery!!

Welcome home, lady. Thanks for representing us with such grace and class.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Everything else being equal, the guy or gal who gets the most luck will win the tournament.
                      I heard that 'luck is the residue of skill'.

Comment

NO! You must play and float with us to the brewery!!

Welcome home, lady. Thanks for representing us with such grace and class.
                        ... grace and class, huh? that must be why sarah stanhope calls me "double balls sqarepants", right? (actually... i'm not really sure i'll ever totally understand the origin of that nickname... i just think it's crazy cool that sarah stanhope gave me a nickname at all... and then gave me a hard time for not bringing her any beer after the final 9... admittedly a ball i totally dropped... )

... thanks, sam... and... i totally just went and signed up...
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Scott, that hole was fine as it was. If you wanted to add another position, longer was NOT the way to go, in my opinion. Of course, I can say that about oh... all of the woods pins, it seems. Maybe not 8 because I liked that new position but I did notice that that hole didn't get longer.

6, 7, 9... these didn't need to be lengthened.

After playing the course yesterday, I can definitely say that this coming weekend - at least with the pins in the long positions as many seemed to be - we will be having a luck competition rather than a disc golf competition. Everything else being equal, the guy or gal who gets the most luck will win the tournament.
                          Sam I disagree to some extent. More appropriately said would be "Of the Skilled the luckiest one will win!"

If you can not hit the basic line on these holes then you would never get lucky enough to score well. But if you are skilled enough to hit the basic line and then get lucky on the tree hits, kicks and landing then you will be wildly successful

Do you agree with this statement!
                          PDGA #25296
                          Stumptown #34

Comment

• Sure, Mike... that's why I said "Everything else being equal" so as to remove the skill level. Hitting a line is a basic skill that we should all be able to do the majority of the time. However, when you hit that line and then have to pull out your Rosary Beads and Prayer Rugs to assist your disc in getting down the un"fairway", we have left the realm of golf and entered the realm of something else entirely...
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• I am planning on coming the day of and havent registered yet...sorry

McKenzie Baldwin
                              PDGA#47906
                              Advanced

Just wanted to give a heads up.

Comment

. . . when you hit that line and then have to pull out your Rosary Beads and Prayer Rugs to assist your disc in getting down the un"fairway", we have left the realm of golf and entered the realm of something else entirely...
                                Really? Something else entirely?

So the perfect DG venue would be indoors? No wind? Consistent playing surface? Every fairway suitably wide and curved to match the disc flight?

Sounds kind of boring.

Even on a well-groomed course I can toss a perfect roller that hits some protuberance and skitters off into lala-land, and on any course I can make a perfect shot that hits a wind gust and sails OB.

I can appreciate the frustration one feels when you're tossing at a row of trees, but I also anticipate the elation felt when plastic somehow slips past all that wood fiber due to skill or luck or whatever.

I understand the challenges that Bryant poses and I'm sure I'll meet up with them this weekend, but some measure of luck does lend essential drama to this pastime.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X