X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Matt... you play Pro now. You don't get discs in your player's pack.
    I buy wall hangers.

Comment

Comment

Champ!

Originally posted by Reichard View Post
        You mean you're not rooting for me to pull off the "Two Time. . ." title? I'm hurt, really hurt.
        I kind of figured you would be showing the kids how it is done at worlds next year!

Comment

I'm in.....never played a tourney, but figure why not now?! Hopefully I can get Scott for a caddy...LMAO! See yal there....btw...im the one thats gonna suck....TwiZ

Comment

Originally posted by TwiZ View Post
            I'm in.....never played a tourney, but figure why not now?! Hopefully I can get Scott for a caddy...LMAO! See yal there....btw...im the one thats gonna suck....TwiZ
            That's awesome, and you won't suck. Still working out what weekend in August we're going to go camping, but if we're around I'll definately come down and caddy for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
              I have to drop out, SUCK!!! How do I get hold of the TD, are you on here TD, and can you PM me?

Comment

Now That's Official

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                Well when you're done messing around go update the reg list.

What's the word on discs for the CC players pack?

When official registrations make it to me they are added to the current list. Posting on a forum is um, not official...
                Four new registrations arrived this morning, boom they're added to the list.

Champion Eagles
                Star Destroyers
                Star Teebirds
                Star Valkryies
                Star Sidewinders.

Oh and the Pros may very well get a disc to help the DGCA cover some of the tournament expenses.

Comment

Read PM's Before Posting

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
                  Read PM's Before Posting

Comment

A Tip

Originally posted by Dave Pittman View Post
                    Read PM's Before Posting
                    Contacting the TD directly (see flyer for contact info) is the preferred method for making any changes to a players status.

Comment

I got a chance to play Bryant yesterday for the first time in several years.

I have a few questions about the course.

1. What is the line to the basket or preferred landing area on holes 7 & 12?

I had a great drive on hole 7 straight up the gut perfectly centered on the opening gap and hit a tree coming into the area about 80 feet out from the basket. I got kicked into the left side of the green area about 60 feet out we will call it and I had no shot to make the birdie attempt. The best shot I had was to an area left of the basket that would leave me a 25 foot putt to make par.

Going back to look at my tee shot I could not find a route off the tee that you could hit 5 out of 10 times that could leave you a birdie putt. I understand the need to increase difficulty but this hole seems a little extreme in luck factor. My group mates could not believe my luck after nailing the tee shot. I wish the course designers would look at this hole and decide on a line to play to reward a good shot. As it stands I would love to be shown how a good shot is rewarded on this hole.

Hole 12 has great potential for a difficult but fair par 4. With the elevation changes in the fairway it creates a need for identified landing zones that either provide direct lines to the basket or to other landing zones. I did not see any clear landing zone to try to throw to. There is a lot of debris and holes on that fairway that make it difficult to make a good up shot. I think this hole could be the best hole on the course with some clean up, some landing zone creation and some pecker pole thinning near the green area.

All in all I had fun playing Bryant again and shot a 64. Not a great score but one I can live with. Hole 6 took a bite out of my score and so did hole 12. The carpet was weird for me to play on as I could not rotate properly with either my shoes or my throwing style. My shoes would grab and I could not get the rotation I needed. I ended up changing my throwing style to minimize my issue and it seemed to help. I will need to get use to the carpet. Unless the county would allow concrete back there the only better solution might be astro turf.
                      Last edited by Flash; August 7th, 2011, 01:16 PM.
                      PDGA #25296
                      Stumptown #34

Comment

can an intermediate player have a caddy?

Comment

Yes, I could use a caddie.

Comment

Originally posted by DEG3 View Post
                            can an intermediate player have a caddy?
                            Sure. There are no rules about who can/cannot have a caddie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Pittman View Post
                              Contacting the TD directly (see flyer for contact info) is the preferred method for making any changes to a players status.
                              Sorry about that, i did send you a email on the PDGA site. Thanks for running this event.

Comment

Played Bryant yesterday. That place is in great shape! I shot a 60 (can't seem to get away from that #) and really like the new placements. I want to thank the Albany guys for all their hard work.

E

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X