Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep those registrations coming in!!

Comment

Originally posted by sduvaul View Post
      we have decided to only run Bryant park for the tournament.

Just signed up.

Comment

Sean,

Is this the event that you shoot 1020 for all rounds?
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

The layout for the classic will be as follows. 1st round all easy. 2nd round odd holes in the hard position. 3rd round all pins in the hard position.

Comment

Scott,

I was down at Bryan on Sunday to check the place out and while I still love all of the holes out in the fields, those ones in the back still have no fairways. Seriously... either make a fairway for people to hit or don't put the baskets back in some of those long positions.

It turns a game of skill into a game of "who got the better kick off all of the crap in the way".

Poke and Hope for the win!
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              I was down at Bryan on Sunday to check the place out and while I still love all of the holes out in the fields, those ones in the back still have no fairways. Seriously... either make a fairway for people to hit or don't put the baskets back in some of those long positions.

It turns a game of skill into a game of "who got the better kick off all of the crap in the way".
              I second that emotion (or emoticon)!

Comment

Worked for me! But I do tend to agree on some of the holes in some of the long positions. I love Bryant and continue to be impressed by how much work so few people have accomplished there!

Now if they'd just let you get tee pads poured in the woods. Bryant is one or two amenities away from being one of the best courses in the PNW.

Comment

Scott,

I approve this message!

Comment

Come on folks, get signed up!

Comment

Bryant will never have concrete tee pads in the woods - ever. The whole park is technically wetlands and that we have anything in there at all is amazing. Get used to the shag tee pads because they will be there for quite a while, I am guessing.
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Bryant will never have concrete tee pads in the woods - ever. The whole park is technically wetlands and that we have anything in there at all is amazing. Get used to the shag tee pads because they will be there for quite a while, I am guessing.
                        Yes, I know about the wetlands/teepads thing. It's such a silly interpretation of the wetlands protection rules, and I'm not really convinced it couldn't be changed. Not that I'm suggesting the club should pursue this, but the City could likely get a waiver but is probably leary of opening up a can of worms. Yes, it's "wetland"....completely trashed by previous uses, post industrial, almost 100% non native vegetation with the trees slowly being killed by English ivy, concrete slab and chunks of metal buried everywhere "wetland". Adding cement slabs would in no way affect the biological value of this wetland, and if the owners of the property actually cared about the wetland and its biological value they would at the least spend some time and money cutting the ivy that is strangling the big ash and cottonwood trees there.

*whew* ok, off my enviro soapbox.....again - not a criticism of the club in any way..it is true that its amazing they got a course put in at all and it's one of my favorite courses.

So, Sam, can I assume you'll be signing up in MPM for this so we can finally play a tournament round together? I believe the first time we did was in MA2 at Bryant in 2006.
                        Last edited by Matt B.; July 28th, 2011, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I think you're right. I haven't decided on MA1 or MPM. Will decide in the next week or so but MM1 is unlikely for this event with such a small overall field.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Keep Those Registrations Coming

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                            Come on folks, get signed up!
                            What he said!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                              Bryant is one or two amenities away from being one of the best courses in the PNW.
                              Wow, I respect your opinion, and your game. It will take me a while to wrap my head around that statement. You have played Trojan, Seatac, Mciver, Adair, Pier, Dexter, and Whistler's, right?

Not that I don't have mad respect for the volunteers who are responsible for Bryant, because I do! I enjoy playing there and I am signed up for the CC.
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                                Wow, I respect your opinion, and your game. It will take me a while to wrap my head around that statement. You have played Trojan, Seatac, Mciver, Adair, Pier, Dexter, and Whistler's, right?

Not that I don't have mad respect for the volunteers who are responsible for Bryant, because I do! I enjoy playing there and I am signed up for the CC.
                                Everything except Seatac. I didn't say THE best, or one of the top five, but if they could get teepads, teesigns, a few benches, and some more regular maintnenance I think it could be one of the best in the region, yes. Open holes, technical holes, long holes, multiple par 4's and it is very very challenging. Many would say unfairly challenging or too much luck, but you can always make it easier by removing trees, you can't put trees back.

If it had the amenities I would rank it in the tier with Adair and Dexter and Pier, if not slightly above. Clearly not at the McIver/Whistlers level even all tricked out. Seatac I can't speak to, and although I do like Trojan a lot, I think a lot of people see the multiple water hazards as a detraction from overall quality. I don't, but that's the thing...it's a subjective judgment for sure. In terms of the guts of the course, I think Bryant has the potential and is a great course.

I guess getting that big Ace there didn't hurt either.
                                Last edited by Matt B.; July 29th, 2011, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X