X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Pittman View Post
    I submitted the tournament details last Tuesday and we're still waiting for PDGASignup to make it official... The tournament flyer has also been sent to the calendar master but has yet to appear there.
    Send me a copy Dave and I'll link to it in the Oregon Tour thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Altophish View Post
      It's not just the WO...I only used that one as an example of numbers...they are way down everywhere!
      WO's issues could be related to having it the same weekend as King of the Lake (NT) in Tahoe. All 4 courses being played are awesome and may very well be a preview of a future Worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
        WO's issues could be related to having it the same weekend as King of the Lake (NT) in Tahoe. All 4 courses being played are awesome and may very well be a preview of a future Worlds.
        4 people from Oregon signed up for the Tahoe event.

Yup, that is totally killing the WO numbers.

E

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
          I'd think the date change from previous years and late announcement and explosion of tournaments on almost every weekend of the year have more to do with it. I know I was bummed when I realized I couldn't play!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
            I'd think the date change from previous years and late announcement and explosion of tournaments on almost every weekend of the year have more to do with it. I know I was bummed when I realized I couldn't play!
            This is closer to correct. There are so many events now that there is almost no way to avoid having 2 or more in state events on the same day or weekend. Although Mat is the only one I have heard say that the date change of the WO is why he canít play, it is possible that it may affect other people. The Chick Flick has just announced that it will be on the 16th making some women have to choose between that and the WO.

This is the third year I have had The Wash on the 23rd. I picked that date because there were no events and new in state events still pop up on that date a month or less before my event.

This is just how disc golf life is right now and I think the variety is good.

E

Comment

Originally posted by E Smith View Post
              This is closer to correct. There are so many events now that there is almost no way to avoid having 2 or more in state events on the same day or weekend. Although Mat is the only one I have heard say that the date change of the WO is why he canít play, it is possible that it may affect other people. The Chick Flick has just announced that it will be on the 16th making some women have to choose between that and the WO.

This is the third year I have had The Wash on the 23rd. I picked that date because there were no events and new in state events still pop up on that date a month or less before my event.

This is just how disc golf life is right now and I think the variety is good.

E

I agree that more is better and kind of what we've always wanted. I don't know that the date change for WO is affecting many people - I just have to plan this stuff out in advance if I want to play and by March or so my disc golf calendar has stretched to the limits of my wife's tolerance.

Comment

The Chick Flick has just announced that it will be on the 16th making some women have to choose between that and the WO.
                E
                The July Chick Flick is the casual, monthly event; not the big tournament that we are having August 13-14th. Mostly casual players attend these monthly events, shouldn't deter the tournament players.

Comment

Open For Business

Registration is now open online at PDGASignup

Comment

Again

Registration is now open online at PDGASignup
                    http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qst...ROD=1309368514 Maybe this link will work

Comment

BAM! Registered. Thanks Dave, thanks ADGC!

Comment

[QUOTE=E Smith;The Chick Flick has just announced that it will be on the 16th making some women have to choose between that and the WO.

E[/QUOTE]

Yes actually we announced at the beginning of the year that the Chick Flick monthlies would be the 3rd Sunday of every month, with the exception of this month we changed it to Saturday, and of course our manin event August 13th & 14th. Most of the ladies who are regulars to the Chick Flick monthlies do not play in tournaments with the exception of me, but they already know I won't be there because I will be at the WO.

Cindy
                        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                        Stumptown #176
                        PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                          Yes actually we announced at the beginning of the year that the Chick Flick monthlies would be the 3rd Sunday of every month, with the exception of this month we changed it to Saturday, and of course our manin event August 13th & 14th. Most of the ladies who are regulars to the Chick Flick monthlies do not play in tournaments with the exception of me, but they already know I won't be there because I will be at the WO.

Cindy
                          Got it. I didn't know it was a monthly thing.

Still, it's nice to have that (and other things) going on if people don't want to drive out of town for a tournament.

E

Comment

Got it. I didn't know it was a monthly thing.
                            LMFAO

Comment

*snicker*
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

CC Flyer

Flyer attached to this post.
                                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X