Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange things can happen when you're deep in the woods of Bryant.

Nothing much stranger than having three uniformed police officers with a photographer come up to your group, and asking, "Has anyone seen a naked, fat guy around here?" Apparently the least of this guy's indecencies was being naked, but I'll spare you the details.

Not that big a deal apparently. As the cop said, "It's just another day in Albany."

But I'll tell you one thing, if I was setting up a putt and the fat guy with his happy hands suddenly appeared in my line of vision, I would definitely ask him to move.

Also . . . really fun and well run tournament. Like Flash, I also liked the fact that we were all in one flight, and I loved the relaxed schedule.

And as far as the venue goes, if I played Bryant more than I do, I would be a better golfer. I can't think of another course that combines big, boomer holes followed by tight technical holes, and then here comes a big, tight, technical hole.

Good job Albany Club!

Comment

• Many thanks to everyone who helped put together this event. Bryant really is close to being a great course. Yeah, I still hate some of the long positions in the woods, but now that the work crews have opened up the fairways to the short positions the course plays really well.

Thanks again you guys. I had a great time...
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• Big thanks to the Albany crew for all their hard work. Bryant looks better and better every year. Bryant is one of my favorite courses in the Albany area.

Nate ran away with the victory with 3 solid rounds. Dion and I battled it out for 2nd. We were tied for most of the tournament. With the pressure on I birdied the last three holes in a row, Dion bested me with birdies on the last 4 in a row. Good shooting

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
          Many thanks to everyone who helped put together this event. Bryant really is close to being a great course. Yeah, I still hate some of the long positions in the woods, but now that the work crews have opened up the fairways to the short positions the course plays really well.

Thanks again you guys. I had a great time...
          After the way you played I think a great majority of the positions hate you for owning them! Awesome shooting out there!!
          Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

• I had an awesome time even if I did have to do it lefty, by the end of it I was driving 300+!!!

...and thanks to a know show on sunday, I didn't come in last place!!! ahahahahahahahahah!

Comment

• Originally posted by DEG3 View Post
              I had an awesome time even if I did have to do it lefty, by the end of it I was driving 300+!!!

...and thanks to a know show on sunday, I didn't come in last place!!! ahahahahahahahahah!
              You can thank my buddy for that :-) This is Ryan Palmer. I had a blast as well being my first tourney and all. Shot a decent 65 first round, sucked it up with a 78 second round and somehow bettered my score by 1 with a 77 in all long 'shrug'. I've played this course quite a bit (only live like 10 blocks away) just casually and never usually keep score. I feel that I played it better on all 3 rounds than I have ever played it before. Great people, great time, and thank god for the Pooia and great beer! Thanks guys. Oh and btw....thanks treelove for pointing out my falling putt approach. Never played tournament before so I never noticed I was doing it :-) Its fixed now

Comment

• a lovely time, indeed...

... i like bryant quite a bit in the short positions... didn't mind it so much with half in the long... felt like it was just silly all in the long... but i understand the desire to have a challenging course... i can see and totally appreciate all the hard work that is being done down there...

... i also thought that the police officers i got to know at 4am saturday morning were just delightful and very polite, the sergeant even wished me good luck in the tournament (altho, i'm not sure he ever figgered out that we weren't there for a softball tourney... but i hope i did him proud by winning... maybe i'll send him a thank you card for his support)...

great weather, great company, great beer at the calapooia brewery... i had a wonderful time and will definitely be back next year to see how those fairways are coming along... just a little artful logging and i think it will be perfect...
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

• Thank you everyone for the support and positive/negative feedback on the course. Everyone's opinion is right, and the course will evolve to make the B positions more reachable. However next year we will begin to introduce the C positions, and as you can already guess they will indeed be longer, harder, and stupider. This is my mantra for course design -- longer, harder, stupider. If I can't get a birdie on a hole, no one else should either. I look forward to hearing you complaints next year. Thanks -- Scott.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X