X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calapooia Classic August 20, 21 2011

This year, due to lowered projected entries, we have decided to only run Bryant park for the tournament. There will be only 1 pool with a limit of about 90 people. We will add extra temp holes as needed. There will be two rounds on Saturday and one round on Sunday. The award ceremony will begin at the Calapooia Brewery at about 3 pm on Sunday. Camping will still be at Bryant park for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for $5 a night. Registration and more information will follow when we have it.

Originally posted by sduvaul View Post
    This year, due to lowered projected entries, we have decided to only run Bryant park for the tournament. There will be only 1 pool with a limit of about 90 people. We will add extra temp holes as needed. There will be two rounds on Saturday and one round on Sunday. The award ceremony will begin at the Calapooia Brewery at about 3 pm on Sunday. Camping will still be at Bryant park for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for $5 a night. Registration and more information will follow when we have it.
    Bummer!

Comment

That is a bummer. I've been looking forward to this since last year!
      According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

where do I sign up?
        "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

For those of you who asked me at the BSF....

"I'm a little disappointed in the status of registrations (a little over 1/2 full) with the event less than 3 weeks away" From the Willamette Open thread.

This is the "Nut Shell" explanation. We're one of the smallest Oregon events of the year and we've never filled up. If the Willamette Open can't fill (which is traditionally hard to get into) there is nothing to indicate that we would come close either.

No one is more frustrated by this than we are! Trust me. But with such a small club it's taxing in the extreme to run more than one course.
          If our 90 spots fill up fast though......who know what could happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Altophish View Post
            For those of you who asked me at the BSF....

"I'm a little disappointed in the status of registrations (a little over 1/2 full) with the event less than 3 weeks away" From the Willamette Open thread.

This is the "Nut Shell" explanation. We're one of the smallest Oregon events of the year and we've never filled up. If the Willamette Open can't fill (which is traditionally hard to get into) there is nothing to indicate that we would come close either.

No one is more frustrated by this than we are! Trust me. But with such a small club it's taxing in the extreme to run more than one course.
            If our 90 spots fill up fast though......who know what could happen?
            I think the WO changing dates this year and not announcing the new date until kind of late in the scheduling season has more to do with that. You guys do an awesome job with not a lot of resources and the CC has never felt like a small tournament to me! It's understandable though that you feel overtaxed. Get that registration open and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
              I think the WO changing dates this year and not announcing the new date until kind of late in the scheduling season has more to do with that. You guys do an awesome job with not a lot of resources and the CC has never felt like a small tournament to me! It's understandable though that you feel overtaxed. Get that registration open and see what happens.
              Agreed, the CC was on my list of must play this year and i cant wait to play either way. I will spead the word within the Lane CC DGC and see if we cant get the WO and the CC to fill. I shall see you all at the Open in ~3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Danial View Post
                Agreed, the CC was on my list of must play this year and i cant wait to play either way.
                Yep, Eugene crew will definitely represent. Can't wait for the CC!

Comment

Truthfully, this event being only at Bryant is a detractor for me. I love Timber Linn and I love Waterloo and I would be all-in if one of those courses were added. As it is, this might be the first year that I miss the Calapooia Classic since 2006.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

It's not just the WO...I only used that one as an example of numbers...they are way down everywhere!

Comment

The first tournament I ever played was an all bryant CC. I hope I can get the time off to play this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Altophish View Post
                        It's not just the WO...I only used that one as an example of numbers...they are way down everywhere!
                        Reg will open when? One way to get attendance up is to get some buzz going. I know I'm looking forward to my 6th consecutive Calapooia Classic (SSS 2006) and first PDGA title defense!
                        Last edited by Matt B.; July 4th, 2011, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Reg will open when? One way to get attendance up is to get some buzz going. I know I'm looking forward to my 6th consecutive Calapooia Classic (SSS 2006) and first PDGA title defense!
                          And aren't you living off the interest from that ace pot, also at Bryant during the CC?

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post
                            And aren't you living off the interest from that ace pot, also at Bryant during the CC?
                            Sheet my wife spent that years ago! I only got mileage out of that through 2009.

Comment

Who Knew It Was Going To Take This Long!

Reg will open when?
                              I submitted the tournament details last Tuesday and we're still waiting for PDGASignup to make it official... The tournament flyer has also been sent to the calendar master but has yet to appear there.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X