Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wash July 23rd!!!!

Hello everyone,

Itís that time again! The Wash IX is less than 1 months away and will be on July 23th at Adair County Park.

The Wash is a fund raiser for the Linn Benton Food Share. Once again the entry is a minimum $20.00 donation to the food share. It will include a round of disc golf, Susy Stix, Ring of Fire and possibly other fun events. None of the events at The Wash are required. It's all about making money for the food share and having a good time. So, if you want to show up and sit in a lawn chair all day, thatís ok. Susy Stix has become the main competition at this event so start thinking about who you want to have as a partner.

In the past I have asked for major event sponsors to help pay for food and T-shirts and once again I will not be providing T-shirts. I feel (and many others agree) that there are people in this community who need food more than we need another T-shirt. Those of you who have given so generously in the past to pay for the shirts, thank you. I know that things are tough for everyone this year but, if you still can and want to help by writing a big check, please do so. The difference this year is you won't be writing it to me but will be making out to The Linn Benton Food Share. That way the money will be used in the most efficient way. Next year will be the 10th annual so we'll try to make T-shirts happen next year

Food is provided at this event and I do need some food sponsors. If I can get a few $100.00 food sponsors then none of the money from the event will need to be used for this. Any left over money from food sponsors will go directly to the food share. If you would like to be a food sponsor, please let me know. Food sponsorship gets you paid entry to the event and it is tax deductable. Contact me directly for more details.

I'm starting the prize gathering part of the event now so and is going well, if you would like to donate some prizes or can help gather some, please let me know.

Hopefully you all can make it. It should be a fun day of golf at Adair.

Thank you all and I'll see you on July 23th!

Eric

Have it on the calendar, attended the last 4 years and there is always amazing prizes...I easily walk out with much more loot than the $20 I put in!

See you in a few Eric!
    Josh

Originally posted by E Smith View Post
    Hello everyone,

Itís that time again! The Wash IX is less than 1 months away and will be on July 23th at Adair County Park.

The Wash is a fund raiser for the Linn Benton Food Share. Once again the entry is a minimum $20.00 donation to the food share. It will include a round of disc golf, Susy Stix, Ring of Fire and possibly other fun events. None of the events at The Wash are required. It's all about making money for the food share and having a good time. So, if you want to show up and sit in a lawn chair all day, thatís ok. Susy Stix has become the main competition at this event so start thinking about who you want to have as a partner.

In the past I have asked for major event sponsors to help pay for food and T-shirts and once again I will not be providing T-shirts. I feel (and many others agree) that there are people in this community who need food more than we need another T-shirt. Those of you who have given so generously in the past to pay for the shirts, thank you. I know that things are tough for everyone this year but, if you still can and want to help by writing a big check, please do so. The difference this year is you won't be writing it to me but will be making out to The Linn Benton Food Share. That way the money will be used in the most efficient way. Next year will be the 10th annual so we'll try to make T-shirts happen next year

Food is provided at this event and I do need some food sponsors. If I can get a few $100.00 food sponsors then none of the money from the event will need to be used for this. Any left over money from food sponsors will go directly to the food share. If you would like to be a food sponsor, please let me know. Food sponsorship gets you paid entry to the event and it is tax deductable. Contact me directly for more details.

I'm starting the prize gathering part of the event now so and is going well, if you would like to donate some prizes or can help gather some, please let me know.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by E Smith View Post
      Hello everyone,

Eric
      I'm hoping to make it this year. What's the schedule like? I would have my 18 month old son with me and wouldn't be staying for the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
        I'm hoping to make it this year. What's the schedule like? I would have my 18 month old son with me and wouldn't be staying for the whole time.
        Here is the flyer (hopefully) with the details. It will be great to see you.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
          I've done the wash with a 2 year old and it's doable and well worth coming. It's a mellow friendly round for most people and Eric is good about not putting the kids in groups with the folks that want a serious round.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

The Wash is less than two weeks away! As usual I have a bunch of prizes including many gift certificates to local businesses. I also have some great raffle prizes including a basket, BBQ and some larger gift certificates!

Once again members of my family will be handling the cooking duties and my mom will be making her potato salad again. Now last year I wasnít able to bring home any leftover potato salad because you people ate it all so, this year potato salad consumption will be closely monitored. Calapooia is on board with a beverage sponsorship again so please be responsible and have a designated driver if need be.

The Suzy Stix competition banter is heating up so make sure you get a partner. You wonít want to miss this fun part of the event.

Iím pretty close to being ready and really looking forward to seeing you all on 7/23/2011

Thank you

Eric

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Well, I AM READY!!!!! I have a bunch of prizes and plenty of food! All I need is you!

Now, for years I have spoiled the participants of this event with lots of prizes and food and quite frankly they deserve it for showing up. I would love to spread these prizes to more people and you donít have to show up early to do this. If you show up before noon and make a minimum $20.00 donation to the food share, you will be in the prize drawing and EVERYONE wins something. Maybe after that you will want to play some Susy Sticks.

Itís going to be a great day tomorrow so, come on out and join in the fun!

Thank you

Eric

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                The Wash was a success. Itís late, just got the pickup unloaded and Iím done for the day. Full report tomorrow.

Two items left behind are a chair and a skate board. Let me know if these belong to you and I will get them to you.

Great day!

Thank you everyone.

Eric Smith

Comment

The Wash Report.

We had a very good turnout with a lot of great people. I counted more than 10 new participants. I talked to one guy there who said that he needed a food box just recently and was glad to be able to give back.

Thanks to everyone who showed and other donations we raised $2,200 for the Linn Benton Food Share.

The golf round was a bag tag dump. We threw the rules out the window an blatantly hung all tags at tournament central. No one was surprised when Nate took #1.

After golf, everyone ate and I handed out a bunch of prizes. What has become a Wash tradition, I drew the cards twice an everyone got 2 prizes. After the initial "everyone wins" drawing I gave out the raffle prizes including a full size BBQ and a basket! I think people were satisfied with the amount of stuff they received.

Susy Stix

The Susy Stix have become the real competition of The Wash.

I don't usually get to watch the other matches while I'm putting stuff away, and this year was no different. My partner (Greg Johnson) and I had a bye in the first round and when we played our first match, we lost to the defending champs. Into the losers bracket we went. After that we went through 2 or 3 other teams in the losers bracket and then we went to center court. The first team was Kim and Richard and while Kim kept hitting cups, the cups kept landing in my hands. Between that and their inability to catch cups Greg and I went past them with little resistance. Next up was Ted and Andre the defending champs. They started out strong but after a while fell over like a couple of wet noodles in a hurricane.

The finals

Mike and Kelly had worked their way through the winners bracket with little resistance and we had to beat them twice. Now while waiting for the finals, Mike and Kelly decided to sit in a couple of lawn chairs eating, drinking and getting sleepy. Either that or they were so over confident that it just seemed like they were asleep during the first match. In the final match, both teams came out firing, exchanging points with our team always 1 or 2 points behind. The score was 8-10 Mike and Kelly and then with a couple of 2 point scores in a row from Eric and Greg, it was over and we had won the match and championship!!!!

It may not have happened exactly like that but since Iím telling the story, thatís the way I saw it.

After Stix I gave out the last of the prizes with a ring of fire.

Thank you everyone who came out on Saturday and everyone who made a donation but couldnít make it.

Eric Smith

Comment

Eric Smith Rocks!

On behalf of Linn Benton Food Share, I would like to thank Eric Smith and everyone who attended or supported The Wash IX in any way. The $2,200 raised will provide a lot of food for any family or individual who finds themselves unable to adequately feed themselves. The number of people needing food help is at an all-time high and this type of community fundraiser is what helps keeps shelves stocked at local emergency food pantries.

Not only is this a great fundraiser--but is it the most fun disc golf event of the year. The newcomers who attended were blown away by the great atmosphere, the beer, the great and plentiful prizes they received just for taking part, the many nice raffle prizes that raised additional money for Food Share, the beer, Eric's Mom's potato salad, the lunch, and the aforementioned Calapooia Beer.

I'd also like to especially thank Eric's family for the great cooking and Mike Storrs and Colin and Nate Sexton for setting up the additional sporting events. Thanks also to the Willamette Disc Golf Club and the many sponsors who donated prizes.
                    People are going to eat because you all cared.

Mike Gibson
                    Director Linn Benton Food Share

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X