Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride needed for volunteer for Beaver State Fling

Hi all!

Recently I was in a pretty gnarly dirt bike accident where I messed up both of my knees and that has left me in a wheelchair for the time being. At the moment I am unable to drive and it has left me in quite a lurch. I am looking for a ride to the Beaver State Fling so I may be able to volunteer my services as planned before this accident. Is there anyone who would be able to give me a ride on Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday? I of course will help out on gas and any other way I can. I will have to lug around my wheelchair, pillow and some other small items. I live in Lake Oswego, near downtown. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. I have been really looking forward to volunteering for this event.

Thanks in advance for reading this and your consideration!! 8)

-Melissa
    Last edited by softwinterwhispers; June 20th, 2011, 05:33 PM. Reason: ADHD brain

Wow, sorry to hear about those knees! I would totally give you a ride, except that I will be camped at the course for the entire event. I would be surprised if you cannot find a ride, though. Who can help Melissa out?
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
      Wow, sorry to hear about those knees! I would totally give you a ride, except that I will be camped at the course for the entire event. I would be surprised if you cannot find a ride, though. Who can help Melissa out?
      Thanks, luckily I am expected to make a full recovery. Please somebody help, I will even throw in a batch of cookies, your choice!

Who can resist a deal like that?

Comment

Originally posted by softwinterwhispers View Post
        Thanks, luckily I am expected to make a full recovery. Please somebody help, I will even throw in a batch of cookies, your choice!

Who can resist a deal like that?
        Come on folks, help Melissa out, we need all the volunteers we can get. Can you believe it? Both knees messed up and she still wants to fulfill her committment to support all of the players, now THAT's awesome!

Bob

Comment

What times do you need to be there? I'll be heading there bright and early Friday, not sure about Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
            What times do you need to be there? I'll be heading there bright and early Friday, not sure about Saturday and Sunday.
            I am not sure what time I need to be there but I am sure they would be willing to work around my ride schedule. If I could get a ride even just for Friday that would be fantastic and much appreciated! Thanks again!

Comment

I am not sure what time I need to be there but I am sure they would be willing to work around my ride schedule. If I could get a ride even just for Friday that would be fantastic and much appreciated! Thanks again!
              Any time you can get there would be great. If you rode with Sean you would be there in plendy of time since he is playing. If you are late so is he.

Bob

Comment

Hooray just confirmed a ride for Sunday, thanks Michelle! 8)

Comment

Hooray just confirmed a ride for Sunday, thanks Michelle! 8)
                  It appears the days were mixed up and I actually have a ride for Saturday. I am calling out in desperation for a ride Friday and/or Sunday. Sean, would you be able to help on Friday? I will of course throw in gas money. In addition I will also probribe you with cookies. Wait that is not all you can also throw in the fun I will bring to the ride out and the goodness you will feel by helping out another disc golfer who has been cooped up for a month and in desperate need from some fresh air. Come on you know you wanna help!

Comment

I can give you a ride tomorrow, Melissa. Leaving to get out there by 830 or so, I don't think I am going out with anyone and you don't live too far from me.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Ya, I can give you a ride Friday. Sorry for the delay, I hadn't checked this thread.

Comment

OH, Sam beat me by 1 minute.

Thanks Sam

Comment

Sunday is more of an issue as I will be bringing a caddy, I think.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Thanks so much Sam and Sean. I will have some homebrewed ipa for your help! Anyone wanna help me on Sunday??? I also have some yummy hoppy IPA that I brewed to bribe you with. 8)

Comment

Hooray, I now have confirmed rides for all three days. I can't wait for my first ever Beaver State Fling. 8)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X