Sept. 3rd Squirrels Disc Golf Open: Adair Park, Corvallis, OR. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept. 3rd Squirrels Disc Golf Open: Adair Park, Corvallis, OR.

Squirrels Tavern does an every other year party at Adair Park outside Corvallis, OR on Sept. 4th (Sun) to Sept. 5th (Mon.) Usually 500-600 people with lots of beer, music and overnight camping. The WDGC (Willamette disc golf club) has been offered the park the night before, a generous gift of the tavern to throw a disc golf event. That means we can put together a nice 2 round X 22 hole tournament and an optional night golf round with camping in the park on Sat. Sept. 3rd. We hope to raise some money for the WDGC but also pay out generously in either cash (pros) or script (ams). I am going to hold off on advertising around town until Aug. but there will be 88 spots.
    $29 (Ams) $34 (Pros) with custom-stamped Star disc, BBQ lunch, plenty of beer ;-)

Note: This is a non-PDGA event (you don't have to wear a collar-shirt and you can keep whatever you want in you Nalgene bottle ;-)

All the details can be found here:

registration @
    http://www.titledisc.com/

Facebook open page: search
    Squirrels Adair Disc Golf Open Sept. 3rd

Please e-mail me if you have questions:
    Josh Powell
    powellj@onid.orst.edu

• mikestorrs
    replied
    Hear it on the radio

Stu, I feared that getting paired with a Hornet alum was bad juju. It was. It was fun though. Can't take the beavs too seriously or they will break your heart.

Leave a comment:

• PDX_Stu
    replied
    Oh and did I mention..

SAC State beat the Beavers !??!?!?!?! It was a kick playing with Mike Stohrs the second round and that other OLD MAN Mike with the crazy side-arm shot.
    60-year olds aren't supposed to be doing that. HORNETS...

Leave a comment:

• PDX_Stu
    replied
    1st, I give him good beer and then loan him my putter..

Had fun at the tourney. As usual, my second round was beer aided in the bogey direction. Anyway, I gave Gawain\Tree Love a bottle of SN Big Foot and a bottle of UNION JACK IPA to get him through the day. And then he needs to borrow my sacred Orange Aviar Putter during the Ace Pot putt off and promptly wins an Innova Basket with it. He will be getting a beer list from me for my generousity!

STU

Leave a comment:

• joshdpowell
    replied
    online registration closes 8pm Friday.

Not hopping on the forum after this post.

Titledisc registration closes at 8pm tonight, printing out list afterwards....remaining spots (about 25-ish) will be first come first serve starting at 8am on Sat. at Adair.

Should be fun...custom stamped discs in the garage and just finished the massive food run at Costco today.

josh

Leave a comment:

• joshdpowell
    replied
    Updated registration: Dg Sept. 3rd

Updated registration (see below):
    still have spots left, register on Titledisc to guarantee entry, online registration closes Fri. evening.
    Also, I have painted/flagged off 3 temp holes today at Adair.
    Temp A: ring of fire after hole 13, 3 tee-spots depending on if you go OB or in bounds, "X" marks basket.
    Temp B: near restrooms uphill
    Temp C: bottom of paved-parking lot (near hole 10 basket) to practice basket.
    May end up being 21 instead of 22 holes for safety.
    We will be making a big Costco run on Friday and getting all BBQ supplies....have veggie options too. If you play night round bring your own light/glow accessories. If you stay over-night there is a $5 camping fee.

Pre-registration list
    You can decide "day of" what division you want to play in but we have plenty of AM2 and AM3 players, very few female players and only one or two Pro players.

Stuart "Stu" Hicks (AM1)
    Kyle Pomraning (AM1?)
    Brett "Mellbye" Mellbye (AM1)
    Gawain "TreeLove" Stern (MM1)
    DENNIS " " SWANSON (MG1)
    Mike Olmstead (AM2)
    Jesse Lamb (AM2)
    Matthew Thill (AM2)
    Chris "Chrispy" Provencher (AM2)
    Chuck "steeze jenkins" Jacobs (AM3)
    calvin "mood killer" albers (AM3)
    Chris "Chris McRae" McRae (AM3)
    Erin "Erin " Bredeweg (FM1)
    Rosemarry Eckstein
    Craig Banner
    Mike Gibson
    Doug “Super-Sport Pug-Master” Ulfers
    Ted Harbaugh (AM2)
    Randy Knight (AM2)
    Eric Smith
    Kelly Christiansen
    Mike Storrs
    Bryan Luoma
    Josh "Crawdad" Johnson
    Jeff Monette
    Curtis Monette
    Sarah Johnson
    Travis Edmiston
    Chris Provencher
    Tom Inglis
    Karl Pilotte
    Justin Skinnell
    Connor Driscoll
    John Halama
    Tyler Pickett

Leave a comment:

• PDX_Stu
    replied
    Looks like the party is at Gawains place

Leave a comment:

• joshdpowell
    replied
    pre-registration list

Pre-registration list for right now...more people have said they will play but these are confirmed. If I forgot you let me know, titledisc.com for registration (preferred) if you have problems with online registration let me know.

confirmed:
    Stuart "Stu" Hicks
    Brett "Mellbye" Mellbye
    Gawain "TreeLove" Stern
    Mike Olmstead
    Jesse Lamb
    Matthew Thill
    Chuck "steeze jenkins" Jacobs
    calvin "mood killer" albers
    Erin "Erin " Bredeweg
    Rosemarry Eckstein (4-6 friends registering)
    Craig Banner
    Mike Gibson
    Ted Harbaugh
    Randy Knight
    Eric Smith
    Kelly Christiansen
    Mike Storrs
    Kim Halsey
    Bryan Luoma
    Josh "Crawdad" Johnson
    Jeff Monette
    Curtis Monette
    Sarah Johnson
    Travis Edmiston
    Chris Provencher
    Tom Inglis
    Karl Pilotte
    Justin Skinnell
    Connor Driscoll
    Tyler Pickett

Leave a comment:

• joshdpowell
    replied
    Game is not televised but i will have it on the radio at lunch. Will be gone for a week but when I get back I will try to get registration list up, I will also try to round up the 3 temp baskets I will need and get a course layout figured out. Trying to also figure out if glow sticks or some other rather cheap lighting system would be best for night golf round.

Leave a comment:

• PDX_Stu
    replied
    Go team !

It appears the college I graduated from is playing in Corvallis that weekend. Go Sacramento State!

I will chug a PBR if they win.

Leave a comment:

• whalekillah
    replied
    Looking forward to this one, if i can find a ride from Portland...I'm in

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied
    Originally posted by joshdpowell View Post
    Uh oh, if you plan on breaking a leg it might be best not to play ;-)
    We have an insurance policy through Willamette disc golf club, in which $1 of every person's fee goes towards the yearly cost. Squirrels Tavern will have insurance due to the nature of the weekend-long event (over 500 people on Sun-Mon at the park).

I also shouldn't post "we have beer" my bad, I'll avoid tempting people with that offer. We also will not have the communal beer out after lunch as I don't want the whole DUI to come into play, but you're more than welcome to get a DUI on your own beer! (kidding ;-)
    Funny but no I was more worried about people getting hit with discs. I have been to a few events were people got messed up pretty bad with hits to the head so I like to avoid events that don't have insurance to protect the TD or participants. The beer thing can amplify things depending on the people drinking responsibly

The event sounds fun so I am glad you have the insurance.

Leave a comment:

• prettyboyfloyd
    replied
    Just signed up. Sounds like a party....

Leave a comment:

• joshdpowell
    replied
    Uh oh, if you plan on breaking a leg it might be best not to play ;-)
    We have an insurance policy through Willamette disc golf club, in which $1 of every person's fee goes towards the yearly cost. Squirrels Tavern will have insurance due to the nature of the weekend-long event (over 500 people on Sun-Mon at the park).

I also shouldn't post "we have beer" my bad, I'll avoid tempting people with that offer. We also will not have the communal beer out after lunch as I don't want the whole DUI to come into play, but you're more than welcome to get a DUI on your own beer! (kidding ;-)

Originally posted by Flash View Post
    Hey Josh,

Will the event carry some type of insurance? Does Adair county parks have insurance for the course?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied
    Hey Josh,

Will the event carry some type of insurance? Does Adair county parks have insurance for the course?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X