Sept. 3rd Squirrels Disc Golf Open: Adair Park, Corvallis, OR. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sept. 3rd Squirrels Disc Golf Open: Adair Park, Corvallis, OR.

    Squirrels Tavern does an every other year party at Adair Park outside Corvallis, OR on Sept. 4th (Sun) to Sept. 5th (Mon.) Usually 500-600 people with lots of beer, music and overnight camping. The WDGC (Willamette disc golf club) has been offered the park the night before, a generous gift of the tavern to throw a disc golf event. That means we can put together a nice 2 round X 22 hole tournament and an optional night golf round with camping in the park on Sat. Sept. 3rd. We hope to raise some money for the WDGC but also pay out generously in either cash (pros) or script (ams). I am going to hold off on advertising around town until Aug. but there will be 88 spots.
    $29 (Ams) $34 (Pros) with custom-stamped Star disc, BBQ lunch, plenty of beer ;-)

    Note: This is a non-PDGA event (you don't have to wear a collar-shirt and you can keep whatever you want in you Nalgene bottle ;-)

    All the details can be found here:

    registration @
    http://www.titledisc.com/

    Facebook open page: search
    Squirrels Adair Disc Golf Open Sept. 3rd

    Please e-mail me if you have questions:
    Josh Powell
    powellj@onid.orst.edu

  • #2
    Originally posted by joshdpowell View Post
    Squirrels Tavern does an every other year party at Adair Park outside Corvallis, OR on Sept. 4th (Sun) to Sept. 5th (Mon.) Usually 500-600 people with lots of beer, music and overnight camping. The WDGC (Willamette disc golf club) has been offered the park the night before, a generous gift of the tavern to throw a disc golf event. That means we can put together a nice 2 round X 22 hole tournament and an optional night golf round with camping in the park on Sat. Sept. 3rd. We hope to raise some money for the WDGC but also pay out generously in either cash (pros) or script (ams). I am going to hold off on advertising around town until Aug. but there will be 88 spots.
    $29 (Ams) $34 (Pros) with custom-stamped Star disc, BBQ lunch, plenty of beer ;-)

    Note: This is a non-PDGA event (you don't have to wear a collar-shirt and you can keep whatever you want in you Nalgene bottle ;-)

    All the details can be found here:

    registration @
    http://www.titledisc.com/

    Facebook open page: search
    Squirrels Adair Disc Golf Open Sept. 3rd

    Please e-mail me if you have questions:
    Josh Powell
    powellj@onid.orst.edu
    This one sounds like a lot of fun, putting it on my schedule now.

    Bob

    Comment


    • #3
      Squirrels Open:custom discs

      All details here:
      http://www.titledisc.com/node/5083
      also see attached .jpg
      We are going to order some Star Archons and Star Vulcans with custom stamp, maybe some Champion Apes. In your registration fee you get lunch, custom stamped disc, beer and if you finish solid script/cash..not bad for $29 (Ams) $24 (Pros). Going to mix up the Adair course with all types of fun holes. 2 rounds...night golf...going to be a fun time and we hope to raise some money for the WDGC!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        sorry last post should read $29 Ams and $34 Pros

        discs ordered from Innova, we were limited to only certain models, we are getting Champion Apes/Destroyers/Orcs/Valkyries​ and R-Pro Darts for players to choose from.

        Also we are doing a "put-off" at lunch to give away a new Discatcher Sport. Free to entrants and additional puts can be purchased for a $1

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by joshdpowell View Post
          Also we are doing a "put-off" at lunch to give away a new Discatcher Sport.
          I hope you meant "putt-off".

          Comment


          • #6
            So do I have to go through titledisc for registration?
            The overnight camping option sounds pretty cool. Sounds like you guys in Corvallis are putting together a great little tournament! Is disc included or do I have to pay additional in my registration?

            lester brody

            Comment


            • #7
              I lowered the price by a $1 or so ($29 ams), ($34 pros) so it would be reasonable for online registration.

              You get a Champion Ape/Valk/T-bird/Destroyer to choose from, included in fee is BBQ lunch.

              If you register on titledisc I can guarantee your entry...many people want to pay in person, I can do that for some of the WDGC members but as the date approaches we will cut it off at 88 people, online is a "for sure" guarantee.

              Bring your tents, 2 rounds, optional night golf round.. should be a blast!

              Josh

              Comment


              • #8
                Reminder: we have 24 spots filled (out of 88)

                Who will take home the cash or disc credit/script?

                Sign up at titledisc.com

                Pitch a tent and bring your spouse, lover, and/or midget friend. Only $5 for overnight camping per person...not a bad deal!

                Josh

                Comment


                • #9
                  Beer, disc golf, camping

                  Signs are up at both Willamette and Adair..slowly but surely people are registering so you might want to get on board with your entry!

                  If you're worried about competition, we have plenty of locals who I'm sure would scorch many who don't play our home course.

                  We also plan on paying out generously in script to many finishers. Instead of giving most of the loot to the top few, if you do all-right in your division you are assured at least another disc on top of your custom-stamped Champion disc you receive with your registration.

                  My 5 gallons of Pilsner homebrew is coming along great and a soon-to-be-ordered keg of Calapooia beer are in the works for disc golfers.

                  This is a non-PDGA event...in fact you will be charged $10 if you are a PDGA member! (kidding).
                  Josh

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hey Josh,

                    Will the event carry some type of insurance? Does Adair county parks have insurance for the course?

                    Thanks!
                    PDGA #25296
                    Stumptown #34

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Uh oh, if you plan on breaking a leg it might be best not to play ;-)
                      We have an insurance policy through Willamette disc golf club, in which $1 of every person's fee goes towards the yearly cost. Squirrels Tavern will have insurance due to the nature of the weekend-long event (over 500 people on Sun-Mon at the park).

                      I also shouldn't post "we have beer" my bad, I'll avoid tempting people with that offer. We also will not have the communal beer out after lunch as I don't want the whole DUI to come into play, but you're more than welcome to get a DUI on your own beer! (kidding ;-)



                      Originally posted by Flash View Post
                      Hey Josh,

                      Will the event carry some type of insurance? Does Adair county parks have insurance for the course?

                      Thanks!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Just signed up. Sounds like a party....
                        It's not whether you've won or lost, it's how many beers you were driven to drink after you're done.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by joshdpowell View Post
                          Uh oh, if you plan on breaking a leg it might be best not to play ;-)
                          We have an insurance policy through Willamette disc golf club, in which $1 of every person's fee goes towards the yearly cost. Squirrels Tavern will have insurance due to the nature of the weekend-long event (over 500 people on Sun-Mon at the park).

                          I also shouldn't post "we have beer" my bad, I'll avoid tempting people with that offer. We also will not have the communal beer out after lunch as I don't want the whole DUI to come into play, but you're more than welcome to get a DUI on your own beer! (kidding ;-)
                          Funny but no I was more worried about people getting hit with discs. I have been to a few events were people got messed up pretty bad with hits to the head so I like to avoid events that don't have insurance to protect the TD or participants. The beer thing can amplify things depending on the people drinking responsibly

                          The event sounds fun so I am glad you have the insurance.
                          PDGA #25296
                          Stumptown #34

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Looking forward to this one, if i can find a ride from Portland...I'm in
                            Nihilists! F@#$ me. I mean, say what you like about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Go team !

                              It appears the college I graduated from is playing in Corvallis that weekend. Go Sacramento State!

                              I will chug a PBR if they win.

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X