Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2011 Next Adventure Amateur Championship is just a couple days away. The discs are here and the jackets are being embroidered as we speak. Here's the important information you will need to know for the weekend.

Registration for Pool B which is Intermediate men and Advanced Masters (MA2 & MM1) starts at 7:00 a.m. with the player's meeting at 7:40 a.m.

Registration for Pool A which is Advanced Men, Advanced Women and Advanced Grandmaster (MA1, FW1 & MG1) starts at 10 a.m. with the player's meeting at 10:30 a.m.

Player's Packs for both pools will be distributed following the rounds, after you have turned in your scorecards. (Approximately 11 a.m. for pool B and approximately 1:45 for pool A)

Next Adventure is providing lunch and dinner on Sunday for all players. We have arranged for Tim the Pier Park Sausauge Guy to be there on Saturday or you can get lunch at one of the fine establishments in the St. Johns area between rounds.

The player's guide is available for you to download at the following link.
    Player's Guide

Comment

just to make sure im not reading this wrong...

"marking the lie and holing out is NOT optional" meaning you have to hole out every hole, no 'gimmies'.

i feel like it might be saying i have to use a mini on every subsequent throw...?

a clarification would be appreciated, thanks!

Comment

Marking the lie with a mini is not required under current PDGA rule (unless you want to throw the same disc again). You may just leave your disc down, and it BECOMES the marker.

Holing out has NEVER been optional. How can you play the game if you don't play the game? The object of every hole is to FINISH it, not walk away without holing out, no matter HOW close your disc lands to the basket. That rule is probably the single most easy to interpret rule of them all. It is the essence of the game: get your frisbee IN the basket, not near it. And how hard is it to make a 1-foot putt?
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

But it takes so long, Gawain!!
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            Marking the lie with a mini is not required under current PDGA rule (unless you want to throw the same disc again). You may just leave your disc down, and it BECOMES the marker.

Holing out has NEVER been optional. How can you play the game if you don't play the game? The object of every hole is to FINISH it, not walk away without holing out, no matter HOW close your disc lands to the basket. That rule is probably the single most easy to interpret rule of them all. It is the essence of the game: get your frisbee IN the basket, not near it. And how hard is it to make a 1-foot putt?
            wow, thanks for the clarification! you learn something new about this game every day...

ive just never seen a players guide break out 2 specific rules that need to be followed, as opposed to saying "All PDGA Rules are in effect". it seemed like the intention of that statement was to point out rules that were out of the ordinary (which a TD can choose to enforce, if inclined), not to emphasize commonly broken rules. i would reword it, but thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              And a leg was pulled...

However, there is a 943 in Intermediate... Played two events (7 rounds) this year (in Advanced, no less) and only threw one round below 935. I am sure the 784 guy is stoked for the opportunity to play with the guy for the experience, though...

Someone get a broom...
              Ha im that 784 guy and have only been playing less than a year.... I'm playing because Pier Park is the bomb and for the most part all disc golfers are cool no matter what their level is but then there are exceptions, but then I automattically put them in the dick head list. Thanks to Brody Miller and Sean Phillips for the support even tho I sux.

Comment

hey guys someone from firefly called me a couple days ago and asked me if i wanted my spot from the waitlist, at the time i was supposed to deploy overseas this weekend so i said no. That has since changed and my date to leave got pushed back until late september. Is there any chance i can still claim a spot off the wait list for advanced? or intermediate if i really have to. I'm only 910 rated
                www.DiscAddiction.com - Apparel, Custom Discs, and more
                www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club details

Comment

Originally posted by Yammits View Post
                  hey guys someone from firefly called me a couple days ago and asked me if i wanted my spot from the waitlist, at the time i was supposed to deploy overseas this weekend so i said no. That has since changed and my date to leave got pushed back until late september. Is there any chance i can still claim a spot off the wait list for advanced? or intermediate if i really have to. I'm only 910 rated
                  Send a PM to Wog on these boards. He might be able to help you out.
                  "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Can we see an updated waitlist?

Thanks
                    Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Are the pins gonna go long short long? Short long long? All the same? Just a curious question
                      www.DiscAddiction.com - Apparel, Custom Discs, and more
                      www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club details

Comment

Short, short, long.

Pretty sure at least...

Comment

Good Luck gentlemen I'm gonna need it.

Comment

Originally posted by wildphil View Post
                            Good Luck gentlemen I'm gonna need it.
                            have no fear Phil the sausage guy will feed u on sat and u will throw a mile maybe try tai chi...in the field before
                            sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

Waitlist:
                              Chris Francis
                              Nathan Anderson
                              David Smith
                              Jeremy Sines
                              Will French
                              David Moore
                              Joshua Noone
                              Gyce Martin
                              Eddie Florence
                              Chase Estep
                              Ron Owings
                              Eric Lund
                              Charles Anderson

Official communication regarding this tournament should be made using our e-mail NOT PM. The easiest way to find our e-mail is on the Fireflydiscgolf.com contact page on the web site.

Course layout: Saturday - Short, Sunday - Long

Comment

Does any one know if non Players can buy the lunch and dinner on Sunday or do they have to fend for themselves?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X