Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, there is still snow on Willamette Pass and the opening has been delayed. All of the upper collars are buried, but it's melting quick and the course will be all set for the event on July 9 & 10. Now we need your commitment to attend.

We are planning a visit on July 3rd to help complete the course installation for this summer and to set up the alternate holes for this year's event.

Current registration list

Please show your support by signing up prior to the July 2 registration deadline.

Comment

Signed up and excited! Can't imagine too much snow will melt in the next week and am thus curious what the contingency is? digging, snow foundations, alternate course or is the snow not as big a deal? Hopin for the best!

Comment

The course is all set up.. We decided to just stick with the original 18 hole layout, no changes or additions. There is still a few feet of snow in some places but it was hot up there in the sun and melting fast. The course is playable with just a couple buried tees that we should be able to dig out by Friday. It was nice to be able to slide down the first few holes.

We are all playing two rounds Saturday and one on Sunday with tee times starting at 9AM. Still plenty of spots, get signed up.

Comment

Originally posted by discVENTures View Post
          The course is all set up.. We decided to just stick with the original 18 hole layout, no changes or additions.
          Had I known this, I would have signed up, but it's too late, I can't get out of my commitments now. I think this will probably be the best tournament ever held at Willamette Pass, in light of this format change: get yourselves signed up now!
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

where is a good place to camp

Comment

Originally posted by murray the brit View Post
              where is a good place to camp

I prefer Gold Lake area, but last weekend it was still blocked by a snow gate. The back up plan is Princess Creek on Odell Lake. Willamette Pass is right in the middle of them, less than a couple miles from either. Campground map

Comment

Willamette Pass will be running the Gondola on Friday 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM just for our group, so please come show your support, you don't have to be registered to play Friday. There is an $8 per person (normally $14) charge for the ride and you need to sign in to get your lift voucher. All tournament players that have pre-paid by now (not pre-registered - you know the difference) will have this fee reimbursed at check-in on Saturday morning. Thanks for your effort to sign up in advance.

Player's pack includes choice of: custom Innova Champion Eagles, Echo Star Wraiths, Champion Glow TeeBirds, and KC Rocs.

DGA will be hosting a test drive of the new "Hurricane" along with some other fun side games.

Also, the mosquitoes can be ferocious at times, especially in the shade, so bring your bug dope.

Willamette Pass has a full service bar/restaurant on-site and will be providing lunch to all players on Sunday after your round! You are on your own for Saturday, they will have some specials for the tournament competitors.

Tee times will be posted Saturday Morning. If you have a request, send it now. We will be running tee times starting at 9AM Saturday with groups teeing in this order: 9am - 9:50am MPO, 10am - 10:30am MA1, 10:40 FPO, 10:50 - 11am MA2 -- Afternoon tee times about 4 hours later..
                Sunday tee times will also start at 9AM and will be in the same order, yes Pro Men will tee first -- Awards and payout will be available within one hour of the last card in your division completing their round, so you can take off early if needed..

AND, if you are bringing somebody with you that is not playing, but would like access to the Gondola - we will have extra tickets for your families/ caddies at a discount - let us know when you check-in on Saturday.

Please contact us if you're planning on attending, it will help the event flow smoother for all involved.

Comment

Thanx for all the good info.

Comment

Its killin me, just killin me!

This is EPIC summer golf; prepare to be dazzled and pampered by this operation!

Comment

Great job!

I want to thank the volunteers and golfers that ran this event. It was an awesome weekend, the weather was amazing and the mountain was as hard as ever. I look forward to playing it again next year.

Comment

Thanks TD's! A fun test on the mountain and great overall tourney. I particularly liked how the schedule is set up to get golfers to be heading home at a decent hour Sunday. That is a kicker for me that makes a 2.75 hr drive seem like nothing as I roll back into town before 5:00 pm. Congrats to the winners. Cool trophy beads. It was good meeting y'all.

Comment

Super fun event, Thanks Ryan!

Congrats to Ryan Lane for his second sactioned win of the season. The man is a machine!!!

Not sure why so many people decided not to show up, we had awesome weather all weekend and a great event overall!
                          Team DISCRAFT
                          NW Sign Up
                          Gorilla Boy
                          Paragon Disc Golf
                          Odwalla

Comment

Many thanks to the staff of Willamette Pass and all the golfers that got to share that beautiful weekend on the mountain. My group saw a hawk (gliding down hill) and an eagle (flying up hill) in the same air space.

Puzzled about the small turnout, where is everybody? The crew that represented did it in style. Thanks Hop Valley!

Results

Murray crushed and promised to move up, Mark Scheid aced hole 11 and won advanced, and Lane Mason didn't show up..

Comment

thanks to ryan and Gertrude for a blast had so much fun and thanks for letting me camp with you

and yes i will move up i hit my goal so now its time

Comment

lane mason is injured. There were so many tournaments happening last weekend, everyone was split up... There was the Bad Monkey, ODDGA's summer open, capital city's BATTLE and so forth... Not a bad thing, just so many great choices... I chose to play softball(no running) and rest my body from it's surgery... but hope everyone had a great time, I look forward to playing the pass one of these days...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X