Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willamette Open July 16-17 - Registration

Hi all,

The 2011 Willamette Open will be held at Willamette and Adair on July 16-17th. On line sign up should get turned on Sunday May 22nd through store.northwestwsignup.com. Mail in registration is also an option. e-mail me for the form as the file size is too big to attach. I did ask Gawain to link it to the schedule as well.

It could fill quickly so do not delay sending your entry. The field will be limited to 150 players in 2 flights.

The WDGC is arranging camping permits for Adair. There is a $3 camping fee per night. If you know you will be camping please pay with your registration so I have less to deal with Friday night/Saturday morning.

The Willamette Open will once again be sponsored by Calapooia Brewing and we have gone back to the original Willamette Park inspired Blackberry logo design for this year. The award ceremony will be at Calapooia which provides a little balance in travel times for players to return home. With no series awards it should end earlier than years past.

We have Glo Champion Leopards and Firebirds coming as Fund Raiser discs. We will also be selling Eco Star Destroyers and Sidewinders as fund raisers.

I will also be running an 18 hole mini golf event following Skinny's Summer Sizzle at Waterloo on June 4th as a Willamette Open fundraiser. Registration for the mini event will be at 3:30 pm and will get started at 4:00. For a $5 entry fee players will get a Calapooia Brewing stamping weighted mini driver and a mini Champ Aviar. There will be prizes for the top few positions including a mini basket for 1st place. No scrip or cash payout since it is a fund raiser. We laid out the course today it will be fun and challenging.

Calapooia!

Greg Johnson
    discgolfgreg@yahoo.com

Online Registration
    WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Wow.. .Christmas is coming early this year

I had no idea the Willamette Open was being moved so far up... it will be nice to play my favorite tourney of the year with dry shoes!

I am mailing my registration today! Thanks Guys - Carlitos
      Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Wow, time to get some money together. Love the Willamette Open.
        "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

Hey, just thought I'd let ya know that Chris Becker's (MA1) PDGA# must be off. He's definitely not a 679 rated girl from North Carolina...

Comment

Originally posted by Huk'nGeiks View Post
            Hey, just thought I'd let ya know that Chris Becker's (MA1) PDGA# must be off. He's definitely not a 679 rated girl from North Carolina...
            Thanks the PDGA is having alot of matching errors with the uploads.

Get those entries in so I can order the right quantity and mix of short sizes
            I'm not sure why they are coming in so slow for a great event.

Greg J

Comment

Originally posted by discgolfgreg View Post
              Thanks the PDGA is having alot of matching errors with the uploads.

Get those entries in so I can order the right quantity and mix of short sizes
              I'm not sure why they are coming in so slow for a great event.

Greg J
              I'm really bummed to miss my first WO in six years! But I have to plan out my tournament schedule so far in advance now that I miss out on the chance to play some of the later announced ones. I had a weekend in October bookmarked for the WO this year but the date change caught me off guard. I'm sure it will fill.

Upside for me is that I booked the yurts at Whistler's Bend that weekend!

Comment

Scrambled alternative

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                I'm really bummed to miss my first WO in six years! But I have to plan out my tournament schedule so far in advance now that I miss out on the chance to play some of the later announced ones. I had a weekend in October bookmarked for the WO this year but the date change caught me off guard. I'm sure it will fill.

Upside for me is that I booked the yurts at Whistler's Bend that weekend!
                Matt,
                FWIW, River Appreciation Days is on Saturday the 16th @ Whistlers.
                This is a great event for anyone who love's rivers, trees, hippies, beer and live rock and roll music.
                Also, there just so happens to be a disc golf event on Saturday!
                The RAD Scramble!
                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                - Anonymous

Comment

I be registered. Cannot wait. Can we guarantee I am home in time for Breaking Bad at 10 on Sunday? Thanks.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                    Matt,
                    FWIW, River Appreciation Days is on Saturday the 16th @ Whistlers.
                    This is a great event for anyone who love's rivers, trees, hippies, beer and live rock and roll music.
                    Also, there just so happens to be a disc golf event on Saturday!
                    The RAD Scramble!
                    Well, we're staying with two other families and nobody else is a disc golfer, but I'm sure we'll check out the event.

And I'll get my Saturday morning round in early.

Comment

Sam,
                      I'm sure we can wrap up the award Festivities at Calapooia on Sunday at a decent hour. I like many will need to work on Monday.
                      Greg j

Comment

Originally posted by discgolfgreg View Post
                        Sam,
                        I'm sure we can wrap up the award Festivities at Calapooia on Sunday at a decent hour. I like many will need to work on Monday.
                        Greg j

How many rounds at each course and all that good stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
                          How many rounds at each course and all that good stuff?
                          If I'm not mistaken, it's two rounds at Willamette and one round at Adair.

Comment

Originally posted by JQuist View Post
                            If I'm not mistaken, it's two rounds at Willamette and one round at Adair.
                            Well that WOULD make me feel a little better about missing it this year.

Comment

The Willamette Open has been advertised as 4 rounds total for all participants. I understand that some actually like to finish earlier on Sunday, but the move to July from October gives us longer days to work with. The Pro + TBD flight will play 2 at Willamette Saturday and 2 at Adair Sunday. The Am flight will play the reverse which should enable us to finish reasonably early on Sunday.

I'm a little disappointed in the status of registrations (a little over 1/2 full) with the event less than 3 weeks away. I need to order shirts now. I'm getting nice dry weave polos through Huklab and it is a bummer to not have the right shirt sizes or to wind up with a bunch of extras trying to guess how many participants there will be. Please get those registrations in to ensure I have the right shirt size reserved.

Greg

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X