X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Oregon Masters Championships

Inquiring minds want to know if it is going to happen again this year?

Yes, have alot of people asking about that... the capital city disc golf club has plenty of people that could play this...

Comment

As the 2010 Ad. Grand Masters Champion, I hope so...
      educate your thinking

Comment

Sorry...

GIVEN:
        - We (Keith & I) wanted to have the OMC in early August at Dabney.
        - Pro worlds overlaps the first two weekends in August.
        - Pro worlds are on the west coast this year (Santa Cruz, CA).
        - Many of the local pros will be attending worlds thereby gutting the OMC pro field.

THEREFORE:
        - We have decided to not run the OMC for 2011 (it will return in 2012).

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
          GIVEN:
          - Many of the local pros will be attending worlds thereby gutting the OMC pro field.

THEREFORE:
          Booooooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
            GIVEN:

THEREFORE:

well what there are 10 Pro Masters going to the PW's???

and you and Keith(We) will not be in Att. correct?

it would give a couple other people a shot at the Oregon Title.....

dang where is the "pot stirring" emo....

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Since you guys want to do this in early August and are not able to, perhaps let someone else run it? I mean... I suppose anyone could run it... but perhaps you guys would give your blessing so no toes are stepped on?
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Do YOU want that asterisk next to YOUR name Scott? Heh.

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post

well what there are 10 Pro Masters going to the PW's???

and you and Keith(We) will not be in Att. correct?

it would give a couple other people a shot at the Oregon Title.....

dang where is the "pot stirring" emo....

"You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                  Do YOU want that asterisk next to YOUR name Scott? Heh.

ehh there are more than just me that would have a shot, those that can not be in Cali. for whatever reason.... but thanx for the luv
                  "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Or... uh... run it later...
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Make it Happen!

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Since you guys want to do this in early August and are not able to, perhaps let someone else run it? I mean... I suppose anyone could run it... but perhaps you guys would give your blessing so no toes are stepped on?
                      How about you just pick another date?

Comment

Last year a friend of mine was so insensitive that she got married on the weekend of the Oregon Masters Championship, so I had to miss it. This year itís being canceled because of a tournament in another state that most masters in Oregon couldnít care less about.

How about making it a 1 day fun tournament and call it the Pioneer Masters Cup again. And, make it an invitational.

Maybe then the very few people choosing the tournament elsewhere wonít worry about not being labeled the best advil popping, bengay rubbing, crusty, geriatric golfer in Oregon.

E

Comment

Originally posted by E Smith View Post
                          Last year a friend of mine was so insensitive that she got married on the weekend of the Oregon Masters Championship, so I had to miss it. This year itís being canceled because of a tournament in another state that most masters in Oregon couldnít care less about.

How about making it a 1 day fun tournament and call it the Pioneer Masters Cup again. And, make it an invitational.

Maybe then the very few people choosing the tournament elsewhere wonít worry about not being labeled the best advil popping, bengay rubbing, crusty, geriatric golfer in Oregon.

E
                          I second this!

Comment

Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                            I second this!
                            Me too!!!

Comment

Coming from a club (Albany) who's had it's annual biggy event changed almost every year I find this an extremely thin excuse to not hold it. There are 11 more months in the year and each of them has it's own splendor to offer a disc golf tournament.

Just pick a different date and make a ton of Master disc golfers in Oregon...and Washington...happy!

Heck, I'll even throw my hat in to help in any way that I can manage! K?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X