Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Scout Lake Classic - June 11/12

2011 Scout Lake Classic
    June 11th & 12th – PDGA C-Tier

One of Oregon’s classic temporary venues will be the setting for a fun, relaxed weekend of disc golf and camping in the scenic Central Oregon forest. We will be playing one round a day of 18-27 temporary holes around beautiful Scout Lake, leaving lots of time to swim in the lake and hang out with your friends.

The entire campground has been reserved for this event by the TDs. So please talk to the TDs about securing your space.

We need 18 to 27 baskets to build the course. So if you have a good portable basket, please sign up to bring it with you.

Divisions
    All Pro__________$45
    All Advanced_____$35
    All Intermediate___$25

Thank you! Your TDs, Teresa and Tom Embree
    Contact Info: 360.314.2495 | crushthecourse@hotmail.com

Originally posted by sassalicious View Post
    2011 Scout Lake Classic
    June 11th & 12th – PDGA C-Tier

One of Oregon’s classic temporary venues will be the setting for a fun, relaxed weekend of disc golf and camping in the scenic Central Oregon forest. We will be playing one round a day of 18-27 temporary holes around beautiful Scout Lake, leaving lots of time to swim in the lake and hang out with your friends.

The entire campground has been reserved for this event by the TDs. So please talk to the TDs about securing your space.

We need 18 to 27 baskets to build the course. So if you have a good portable basket, please sign up to bring it with you.

Divisions
    All Pro__________$45
    All Advanced_____$35
    All Intermediate___$25

Thank you! Your TDs, Teresa and Tom Embree
    Contact Info: 360.314.2495 | crushthecourse@hotmail.com
    Wish I could make this one, but Ill be out of town....There "could" still be snow around.

Comment

I am highly considering this one.
      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.”

Comment

Registration

Hey, just thought I'd be clear... we are playing this one old school. If you'd like to register for the event, please print out a reg form and mail in your entry... I wouldn't hold my breath to see this one pop up on PDGA registration (but I guess you never know )

It'll save you the on-line payment fee at least

Also, if you're interested in camping, please remember to contact Tom and I about it, as we have already reserved the whole campground for the event.

360-314-2495

Looking forward to this one! It's been a long time!

Comment

We're getting closer to the Scout Lake weekend... be sure to register and claim a camping space while they are still available. I'm getting excited to be out there again this year... it's been a long time!

Comment

Woot! On-line registration is finally up for those of you that want to sign up that way
            http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qst...ROD=1305578926

Comment

We just did a walk through and laid out an 18 and a 27 hole course (hoping we get 27 baskets to use!!). It's SO beautiful! I'll post photos soon... no more snow, that's for sure!!

Comment

Scout Lake Classic Schedule

Oh dang! It's going to be a beautiful weekend! http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...ers%2C+OR&MR=1 in the 70's during the days

Tom will be out there early to clear paths and set up the course (I hear 27 holes!). I will be getting in later on Friday afternoon I suspect.

The day-use area is closed for the month and we have the whole campground reserved for just us. So it'll just be us out there!

There are still plenty of spots in the event, so come on out and join us

Schedule for the Weekend:
                Friday evening: sign in and registration at the shelter in the campground (tournament central). There will be doubles if enough people are interested and baskets have shown up. (If you're bringing a basket or more, the earlier they are there, the better )

Saturday:
                Sign in and registration until 10:30AM
                11:00 AM - Players meeting then out to play round one
                Rest of the day - hang out, swim, have fun!

Sunday:
                Most of the morning - sleep in and have breakfast
                11:00 AM - Players meeting then out to play round two
                Awards to follow

We don't have the campground reserved for Sunday night, so campers should be ready to be packed up Sunday unless you want to extend your stay with the park.

Can't wait to see everyone and enjoy a fun weekend camping and playing disc golf

Comment

Directions to Scout Lake

Directions:
                  Scout Lake is located by Suttle Lake in the Oregon Cascade mountains. Suttle Lake is on Hwy 20 about 15 miles west of Sisters, OR. Follow signs for Suttle Lake, then once you're off the highway, follow signs for Scout Lake and the Scout Lake campground.

From the North on I-5: You can get to Scout Lake using Hwy 22 east out of Salem, then connect with Hwy 20 heading east. The Suttle Lake exit will be on your right about 10 miles after you pass HooDoo Ski Area.

From the South on I-5: You can get to Scout Lake using Hwy 126 east out of Eugene, then connect with Hwy 20 heading east. You can also get there from Hwy 20 east out of Albany. The Suttle Lake exit will be on your right about 10 miles after you pass HooDoo Ski Area.

From the East: Follow Hwy 20 west from Bend or Sisters. About 15 miles west of Sisters, the Suttle Lake exit will be on your left.

Comment

Should be a great weekend in SUNNY Central Oregon. Can't wait to see how the forest has recovered following the B & B Complex fire of 2004. Bring your glow in the dark mosquito shockers and inflatable toys for pond skimming..

Comment

Gotta feel sorry for everyone who missed this one. Yeah, I know there were graduations and such but . . .

Weather: Not too bad (got just about everything except for rain!)

Camping: Stellar! We had the whole place to ourselves. Like a dang DG Shangri-La.

Course design: Sweet! We played through burned and unburned areas. I loved seeing a forest in flux. Discs were pretty easy to find. Lots of birdies if you were on your lines. Signature penninsula hole by the lake. For mountain golf the tees were very playable.

Schedule: Just the way I like it. Lots of time to kick back, relax and just enjoy living. I never felt rushed once during the whole weekend. I always had time to play a bit before or after the day's round.

Organization: It was an OLE Production so you know that it ran like a Swiss watch.

Schwag: Beer and hats from Three Creeks Brewing in Sisters. Yeah Paddy-Oh.

News: Commissar Andrews to retire and move into the PDGA villa for ex-Commissars. Move afoot to get Sassy, Pozzy, and R-Duffy onto the PDGA board. Yeah team!

Thanks: We all know who pulled this off and worked themselves all weekend and always had a smile (Teresa) or a smirk (guess who?). Todd chipped in too. You guys are my heroes.

Comment

sad i missed this event...but maybe next year if the 2 events line up again it would make a fantastic 10ish day Vacation.

Scout Lake then on to a night at the lakes Diamond and Crater with a finish at 's Dub'z
                        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

results?

Comment

Results

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/64840 Congrats again to all our top 10 finishers Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
                              Thanks: We all know who pulled this off and worked themselves all weekend and always had a smile (Teresa) or a smirk (guess who?). Todd chipped in too. You guys are my heroes.
                              Aww, you make me blush! Thanks for being there Jim, it's always great to get to hang out with you

It was a FANTASTIC weekend! Super relaxing and fun LOVE that course... next year I hope we get enough baskets to play the 27 hole layout.

Cheers!
                              t

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X