• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated Registration List!
    May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

26 spots left!

there will also be a very limited run short sleeve T for sale at the tournament so bring some extra cash if you want one. it will be a heavy cotton short sleeve Dark Blue tee shirt (graphic below on back) and will be for sale on a first come first serve basis (20$). any left over will be up for scrip and those leftover after that will be posted here for further sales.

Last edited by Dr. Zaius; May 25th, 2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Come on outta towners, lets fill this thing! Very nice looking flier, kudos to whoever designed that. Where you at Luoma?

Comment

The course will be set up in tournament positions by Friday and we're trying our hardest to get the city to mow in the next week.

Originally posted by chainsmasher View Post
          Come on outta towners, lets fill this thing! Very nice looking flier, kudos to whoever designed that. Where you at Luoma?
          That was done by myself and the artist at Ninkasi, Tony. And thanks!

Smasher is calling you out Luoma! Where's our Corvallis contigent!?

Comment

is there going to be player packs?

Comment

Originally posted by RYDO420 View Post
              are there going to be player packs?

nope.
              10 bucks goes to the LCC Club, and the rest goes to payout.
              plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post

nope.
                10 bucks goes to the LCC Club, and the rest goes to payout.
                plain and simple.
                Should be a fun time and a great way jumpstart the LCC team.

I'll check the garage and pony up some discs and whatnot for CTPs or ROF. I've got some decent stuff buried in there.

Since this is a college-centered tourney, any U of O or OSU players going to make a showing?

Go Titans!

Comment

re: Reg List

Jim "Air Bounce" Johnson?

Hmmmmmm.

Could be worse I guess. After all, it is a fund raiser. And if I recall Will said that anyone without an assigned nickname before the tourney will take a turn riding the pine over the dunk tank during the lunch break.

Hope it's warm that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
                    re: Reg List

Jim "Air Bounce" Johnson?

Hmmmmmm.

Could be worse I guess. After all, it is a fund raiser. And if I recall Will said that anyone without an assigned nickname before the tourney will take a turn riding the pine over the dunk tank during the lunch break.

Hope it's warm that day.
                    This is all truth.

I'll also play around with other nicknames if you've got one, just to keep it legit. You've got to admit though, you've got a pretty nice little 40 footer flicky air bouncy putt. i've seen you drain em with my own two eyes.

Comment

Course Update: Spring has sprung at the grove!

A mow is scheduled at the grove sometime this week. How certain we are of this happening we are not sure, and back near 7 and 8 it is HAIRY to say the least. With that that said, changes are made on a few positions (check above) and more will be made if the mow does not happen.

All of these changes are to make for a more enjoyable tournament and to help flow. I hope everyone understands!

-MGMT

Check the above changes

Comment

The course will be set up in tournament positions by Friday and we're trying our hardest to get the city to mow in the next week.

That was done by myself and the artist at Ninkasi, Tony. And thanks!

Smasher is calling you out Luoma! Where's our Corvallis contigent!?
                        Sounds awesome! I'm there. See ya on Sunday morning.

Comment

a great question! and to answer, here is the complete layout!

Hole 1 SHORT This is a change to help with flow on the course. perhaps in the future
                          Hole 2 (reg)

Hole 3 (reg)
                          Hole 4 RIGHT (ob marsh and path, drop zone yes) Another change. The marsh is DEADLY right now, and I'd rather have people yanking their shots right than shorting them left.
                          Hole 5 SHORT (OB, WATER AND BEYOND!) Change. There IS water in the gully right now, and in and across will be ob. The shot is shorter now, which hopefully means more controlled shots with less ob.
                          Hole 6 long (OB, WATER AND BEYOND, no drop zone) OB Change. Since there IS water in the gully, we will use it as ob. Remember, your disc must be fully across the water, or fully surrounded/submerged by water to be ob.
                          Hole 7 (long (new pin position)) **If there is no mow, this will be moved back short**
                          Hole 8 double long (will be considered a par 4, ob right of creek) **If there is no mow, this will be moved short left**
                          Hole 9 center short (ob path, drop zone no, re tee with stroke if you never cross the path)
                          Hole 10 left (ob path, same as above)
                          Hole 11 short (path and left ob) **no triple mandatory**
                          Hole 12 short
                          Hole 13 left
                          Hole 14 long
                          Hole 15 left in cove
                          Hole 16 left (no ob)
                          Hole 17 reg
                          Hole 18 long (no ob, this will be considered a par 4, hole 1 is moved short so there will be no conflicting fairways)

The course will play as a par 56 if we get a mow. If not, then hole 8 will be short and it will play as a par 55.
                          any other questions?
                          All good changes that ought to make the rounds go faster. I personally appreciate playing a course during a tournament in the same configurations I play it the rest of the time. In other words - yay for no rope or triple mando!

Hole 8 in the super long will play faster if the group sends a spotter, and the water is also OB, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                            All good changes that ought to make the rounds go faster. I personally appreciate playing a course during a tournament in the same configurations I play it the rest of the time. In other words - yay for no rope or triple mando!

Hole 8 in the super long will play faster if the group sends a spotter, and the water is also OB, I believe.
                            I agree. After playing the course a lot this weekend, I think those are good changes. I'd also like to second Matt's suggestion about spotters.. I'd really recommend spotters on 6 long (if you throw into the creek back there finding a disc can take a while), 8 double long (for the nasty creek and extreme bramble rough), and 12 short (blind shot).

Also, how about switching 11 to the long? Not that I'm advocating for the triple mando (which I don't like either), but even with the path being OB, at ~180ft. that hole in the short is borderline par 2 even at the blue level.

Comment

Originally posted by jeverett View Post
                              I agree. After playing the course a lot this weekend, I think those are good changes. I'd also like to second Matt's suggestion about spotters.. I'd really recommend spotters on 6 long (if you throw into the creek back there finding a disc can take a while), 8 double long (for the nasty creek and extreme bramble rough), and 12 short (blind shot).

Also, how about switching 11 to the long? Not that I'm advocating for the triple mando (which I don't like either), but even with the path being OB, at ~180ft. that hole in the short is borderline par 2 even at the blue level.
                              Par 2? How many par 2 birdies have you had on the hole? If the answer is more than 1 than I'll change it.

I like the idea of giving everyone a chance at an ace. And with that said, there is nothing wrong with having a "must get" birdie in the mix. If you know you are going to two it than what's the big deal?

Comment

Par 2? How many par 2 birdies have you had on the hole? If the answer is more than 1 than I'll change it.

I like the idea of giving everyone a chance at an ace. And with that said, there is nothing wrong with having a "must get" birdie in the mix. If you know you are going to two it than what's the big deal?
                                Hi Dr. Zaius,

*laugh* I wasn't really suggesting the hole should be a par 2. I'm still technically at zero aces there.. *another* Buzzz shot blasted through the chains on it this weekend, though. My putting lately has been terrible, though.. so no guarantees on a 2, regardless.

The par 2 thing comes from the PDGA guidelines.. at the blue level, a flat-elevation, lightly-wooded hole under 200ft. should be redesigned (rather than being a par 2), as it likely doesn't spread out the scoring distribution enough (by design, the goal is to have fewer than 70% of (Open) players score the same on a hole). Hole 11 short is roughly 185ft., with a slight uphill and a fair amount of OB.. thus kinda borderline. But I also don't think a hole needs to be short to give that "must get" feeling. Hole 1 short, for example.. that's a hole that feels like a "must get" birdie without being so short as to produce little scoring spread.

Meh, I'm rambling.. just ignore me.. Hole 11 short is ok. I'm looking forward to the weekend!
                                Last edited by jeverett; May 31st, 2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X