X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
    Seems that we , who live east of the cascade range, dont get a qualifier...

Should the event be renamed "West of the Oregon Cascades Disc Golf Championship"
    Hmmm... That didn't stop Adam Cooney or Rachel Benton from qualifying.

I think you just need to think outside the "Bend".

You should consider coming out here for the event anyway... you're tall and we can always use a good spotter.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
      Hmmm... That didn't stop Adam Cooney or Rachel Benton from qualifying.

I think you just need to think outside the "Bend".

You should consider coming out here for the event anyway... you're tall and we can always use a good spotter.
      Funny cause Coos Bay is as far away from anything as Bend is and doesnt stop us from traveling to Oregon series events, or 4 hours to sisters for this one.

The schedule for the weekend looks great. Cant wait for this, you central oregon guys need to make sure we get some warm weather though..

Comment

So no doubles on friday night?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayumoogy View Post
          So no doubles on friday night?
          Not sure if there is an official Doubles or not Friday, but some of us are trying to gather people to play 5pm Friday Random Doubles. Should be a good turn out for the Random Doubles on Friday and WILL be an amazing Tournament!

Comment

Hyzer Pines baskets are in the 1st round layout positions. Enjoy.

My 2-cents response to Jeff & Scott:
            1) Just because people in Central Oregon travel to the valley for tourneys does NOT mean that they are not at an inherent disadvantage at those tourneys, or at qualifiying for the ORDGC in general. 2 qualifiers each at Whistlers & Milo (2 courses I love btw) is a huge advantage for people who live near those courses (think home-field advantage). There is big difference betwen playing at 4000' (or in the mountains) and playing at sea level.
            2) Coos Bay is not a good analogy for a couple reasons: a) Coos Bay/North Bend has a much smaller population than Bend/Redmond/Sisters/Madras and I don't believe there's even a tourney-worthy course there; b) Coos Bay is easily twice as close to Whistlers as Bend is to anywhere in the valley (its a 3-hr drive to anywhere assuming GOOD weather). In other words, no matter where you live in the valley, there are at least 2 qualifiers within a 60-90 min. drive. If you live east of the cascades, there are zero qualifiers within twice that drive time...

Just to clarify, I'm not necessarily saying that things NEED to be changed, I'm simply pointing out that Magilla makes an excellent point (as much as it pains me to agree with him).

Comment

So following the logic behind point number one, locals should dominate this tourney...

Comment

Originally posted by chainsmasher View Post
                So following the logic behind point number one, locals should dominate this tourney...
                In MOST divisions...YES. IF Ryan Lane were playing and not running this event, Id put $ down on him, as he destroys the course most days.

With the Baggers that abound in ADV AMS its a tough call but Adam Cooney will be right up there at the top.

Do we even have any Masters AM Baggers in Central Oregon?? I think not. Well maybe 1, but he's in Cali currently.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate, if not the locals will definately have an advantage after this years Winter League play.

Regardless...Its a Ryan Lane run event..what more could you ask for.

Comment

Agreed...last year's tourney was very well ran and the course was pretty sweet. The altitude definitely takes some getting used to, so I agree that locals will have an advantage off the tee. I was on Cooney's card last year when he aced, that was some sickness! Looking forward to chucking in Sisters!

Comment

Ryan, you run a fabulous event and we are both so sad we can't make it out this year! (dang family commitments!!) We hope you have a great weekend... everything rolls smooth and the weather is fabulous! Have fun

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, I hope we'll live up to the high expectations..

Everything is set for another fine weekend in Central Oregon. It's really the players that make the event so get your smiles on and keep it positive.

Remember the course is on High School property, please obey the course rules.

Doubles are randomly scheduled for 5 PM Friday, $5 per player.

Comment

There are a couple spots left due to some cancellations. Who wants to play?

Comment

Day 1 - 63 players, intermittent showers, breezy, unseasonably cool.. Scores are posted.

Comment

Day 2 - Warmerish, Windy. Colin Sexton (MPO), McKenzie Baldwin (MA1), and Chuck Norton (MA2) all clinched their first PDGA victory. Miranda Erickson (FPO) squeaked one out and Janine Gunn and Bryn Suchocki (FW1) shared the goddess title. Highlights included McKenzie's final round ace (hole 15 from the long pad), some stellar lunches (thanks Rachel Benton!) , and Greg Boone's trot through the amazing race to win a basket.. Results

Comment

Sick comeback by Baldwin (any relation???) and valiant effort by crusty Reichard! AWESOME big-brother whipping by Colin!!! And CONGRATS on the PDGA Pro Open Win! WOW!
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Nope no relation.

Thanks for everyone who put this tournament together. I had a great time, and hope to be back next year.

-McKenzie

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X