X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pine Jam, May 28 & 29 - 2011

The Pine Jam is a PDGA B-Tier event at Hyzer Pines DGC, in Sisters. Narrow gaps and densely wooded fairways meander through the Ponderosa forest next to Sisters High School. All divisions will play three rounds on three different layouts. Lunches provided and a player's pack for all pre-registered by May 21. Camping just a mile down the street and plenty of lodging options.

Details

I don't yet know if I can make this event, but I'd like to throw out a big cheer of support. This was by FAR, the most underattended event I played last year, the courses were fantastic! The tournament was run very professionally, they gave us food, everyone was really friendly, and I hope that word of mouth support can help do a better job of filling this event this year. I will do my best to attend.

Also, just a note, on the website, to see the flyer you have to scroll over the registration button and click on the mail option, hitting the registration button takes you to last years flyer. Took me a minute to figure that one out.
    Last edited by Joshua Olmsted; April 22nd, 2011, 04:26 PM. Reason: realized my own error.
    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

I'm really looking forward to playing in this tourney! I've heard a ton about the hyzer pines course but have yet to play it... Hopefully people start jumping on board and sign-up!

Comment

Hey Ryan, Are we responsible for making individual reservations at the campground? I'm just guessing that we may need to be on top of that since it's Memorial Day weekend.

Comment

Um, nevermind. Just saw the first come, first served status.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
            I played last year, the courses were fantastic! The tournament was run very professionally, they gave us food, everyone was really friendly, and I hope that word of mouth support can help do a better job of filling this event this year.
            Well put Joshua, and I agree wholeheartedly... This was a great Event and deserves to be full! Sadly, I won't be able to attend this year.

Comment

Originally posted by essjay View Post
              Hey Ryan, Are we responsible for making individual reservations at the campground? I'm just guessing that we may need to be on top of that since it's Memorial Day weekend.
              Originally posted by essjay View Post
              Um, nevermind. Just saw the first come, first served status.
              I think you better be early to get a spot at the campground. There's also a mountain bike race in town that weekend. They are limiting the race to 500 people!
              From their website:
              "And camping sites are available in the city campground near the start/finish."
              http://www.sistersstampede.com/index.html

Comment

What are the odds I can get away with sleeping in my Westy at the course? Oh, and did that rec center have a shower?

Comment

Westys can park wherever they want, but it might be worth the mile long drive down the road for some companionship. We have a primitive (free) group camp area just across the road from the Cold Springs campground. Yes, there are showers in the Coffield Center which will be open in the mornings around 7AM.

Comment

Pre-Reg list is here.

Please RSVP so we can update our schedule, pool assignments, and lunch plans.

Player's Packs include choice of: Echo Leopard, Echo Roadrunner, Champion Ape. We'll also have some Champion Makos and Champion Glow Monarchs available as event fundraisers.

There will be a $5 late fee assessed to all registrations received after May 21st.

Comment

Are there any good hotels close to the course?

Comment

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
                        Are there any good hotels close to the course?
                        Yes, there are plenty of good hotels in Sisters. It's a pretty busy travel weekend and most of Bend is sold out already. We called around to check on rates in Sisters, here are your best options (both within a mile of the course):
                        Ponderosa Lodge: From $134.99
                        Sisters Inn & Suites: From $79.00

Also, plenty of Rebels would be thrilled to host a Gausnell trio at their house. Are you scared of getting dirty at the campground?

Comment

Originally posted by discVENTures View Post
                          Yes, there are plenty of good hotels in Sisters. It's a pretty busy travel weekend and most of Bend is sold out already. We called around to check on rates in Sisters, here are your best options (both within a mile of the course):
                          Ponderosa Lodge: From $134.99
                          Sisters Inn & Suites: From $79.00

Also, plenty of Rebels would be thrilled to host a Gausnell trio at their house. Are you scared of getting dirty at the campground?
                          Made reservations at the Ponderosa today, thanks for the info. My brothers can't get the wardens to let them out for the weekend. Camping in the dirt never scares me, I'm bringing me a hot date and want to get her in to a hot tub. Scotty and I won't be leaving until Saturday morning so we just need beds for one night. If a Rebel wants to put up with 2 Misfits for a night speak up and save us $134.99.

Comment

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
                            Made reservations at the Ponderosa today, thanks for the info. My brothers can't get the wardens to let them out for the weekend. Camping in the dirt never scares me, I'm bringing me a hot date and want to get her in to a hot tub. Scotty and I won't be leaving until Saturday morning so we just need beds for one night. If a Rebel wants to put up with 2 Misfits for a night speak up and save us $134.99.
                            Warden? more like job. I would love to go, but I have to be back for work at 1am monday morning!
                            My drunken words are my sober thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by putter anonymous View Post
                              Warden? more like job. I would love to go, but I have to be back for work at 1am monday morning!
                              Ryan

I will be coming with Josh, couldnt get the link to work to pre reg. Hopefully we can pay day of? If not let me know and ill send it mail or whatever.

Info
                              Scott Withers

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X