'Wandering Peacock' - Horning's Hideout - PDGA C-Tier - June 4-5 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Wandering Peacock' - Horning's Hideout - PDGA C-Tier - June 4-5

DGCR Wandering Peacock PDGA C-Tier event - June 4th and 5th
    This will be a 2-day, 3 round tournament at Horning's Hideout. We're running it as a Disc Golf Course Review (DGCR) meetup event, but everyone is invited
    http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/68548

Cost: $10 - We're playing for fun and for a basket raffle prize explained below

Format: 3 rounds of PDGA singles, players will select either the Meadow Ridge or Canyon midday on Saturday and flip-flop for Sunday. On Saturday night, round 2 will be a GLOW PDGA round on the Highland course. As you can see, there will be plenty of time to hang out, relax, and get the full Horning's experience.

The overall schedule is as follows:
    Round 1 - 12-3pm Sat
    Round 2 - 9:30-11pm Sat
    Round 3 - 10am-1pm Sun

Prizes: Even though we are going very minimal with the entry fee, we'll still have a few nice CTP's and of course the Mini Innova Discatcher to give away to the lucky DGCR reviewer raffle. The raffle will take place one week after the event and we'll randomly draw a participant who played in the tournament and who has written up a review of one of the courses on www.dgcoursereview.com. The winner will receive a really nice Innova Mini Discatcher Basket like this:

Note that your review can be 'old' if you have already submitted one and that we're just looking for honest reviews, not sugarcoating - any rating/review will make you eligible to win!

"Great so I'm in I want to play but is there camping on site?" Not only is there camping but we got a group camp site and a special deal from Bob Horning (owner of the disc golf course and property) himself! To camp Friday and Saturday and play those days plus Sunday it costs you a grand total of $13! So if you aren't camping then it's the normal charge of $3 per person per day. What a great deal! A big thank you to Bob Horning on that one!

If you have any questions, comments, concerns or want to be assured your spot please send a PM to either myself or 'Sillybizz'
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Originally posted by cefire View Post
    The winner will receive a really nice Innova Mini Discatcher Basket like this:
    Like what?

Comment

You are quick! Just made the edit to insert the pic
      'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

THROWBOT!

In addition to the three sactioned rounds, we'll also be having a fun little ThrowBot tournament!

This might be the first foray of ThrowBot in Oregon so I'll give you the rundown on perhaps the most fun you'll ever have playing disc golf.

ThrowBot doubles is essentially played by an "operator" and a "robot". The robot is given a blindfold and directed to the first teepad, at the teepad they are spun around several times so they don't know where the hole is. The operator then directs them any way they want (talking, physically moving them) on how to throw the next shot AND guides them to safely get to the next lie! If you want a little sample, check out this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjBMxAiASa0

Each player is going to get 2 holes where they play as the operator and 2 holes where they play as the robot (four holes total).

Players will be able start their Throwbot round anytime after the conclusion of the Saturday midday round until dusk and we'll probably have time on Sunday after the rounds are completed as well. It should take around 30 or so minutes per team and you'll be able to decide when/if you want to play.

The cost will be included in with the $10 entry fee for the whole shebang and I'll be making some sweet trophies for the winning team!
        'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

I can say from experience that Throwbot is fun and challenging and gives you a chance to laugh at yourself, your partner and the other players, it's an all around good time!

If you are curious as to which other Disc Golf Course Review members (screen names) are playing you can click on this link to the announcement on DGCR and in the first post it lists who is confirmed to be attending so far. Take care everyone and see you at HH!
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I've received a number of request to know when registration is open...it is open now, no need to send cash in advance, just send me your name and PDGA and I'll start putting folks on the PDGA site.
            'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Oh Snap! I'm so down for this event, low price, sweet course, and it helps raise awareness of the best national disc golf online resource (IMO). I've been watching you ascend up the DGCR rankings cefire and I'm excited to see you claim the next diamond status, I need to get back on the writing horse and finally get that gold medal.

Sign me up please!
              PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
              dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

I'm very tempted, however I'm already also in for a long drive + camping for the BSF later that month. I'm seeing if a few of the usual crew want to go (and are willing to drive), but does anyone happen to be driving up through the Eugene area for this? It'd be way more tempting if I could hitch a ride for it.

Comment

I was going to say count me in and then I realized its the one weekend of the whole year that I have to work. Dang. Have fun everyone.

Comment

I'll be bringing some glow discs and LED lights down with me so if anyone needs them for the glow round, I'll have some. See you then.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

sign me up!!!

xander waibel #41673

Comment

To bad it's on the same day as the Chick Flick doubles fundraiser

Comment

Yup, sorry about that - Bob only had a couple of dates available to host a tourney on so we had to grab one of them!

Everyone is more than welcome to join up to play the Saturday Glow round and then play on Sunday as well - remember that this isn't really a 'competition' and you don't win prizes for shooting good, only in the mini basket raffle. You'd still get your money's worth ($10) with the Glow and Sunday rounds which you would still receive ratings for, etc. (and you'd get to pick which course you want to play on Sunday!).
                          'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Wandering Peacock Tourney

When will registration be open for this event? Sounds like an awesome time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas "T" D. View Post
                              When will registration be open for this event? Sounds like an awesome time!!
                              Originally posted by cefire View Post
                              I've received a number of request to know when registration is open...it is open now, no need to send cash in advance, just send me your name and PDGA and I'll start putting folks on the PDGA site.
                              What Andrew said.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X