'Wandering Peacock' - Horning's Hideout - PDGA C-Tier - June 4-5 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what does the $10 go to? Will these be PDGA "rated" Rounds? And why do the raffle a week after the event?
    sigpic
    http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

$10 goes to:

$4 to PDGA (sanctioning/insurance)
      $1 to Throwbot trophies (yes, they are cheap, but fun )
      $1 to Innova mini basket raffle prize
      $4 to Charity Endowment (mandatory for CEP events - will go to our 501c3, "Discovering Open Spaces" and then to help us keep SeaTac baskets in the ground!)

All rounds that have at least 5 peeps with PDGA status will be rated (including glow) and the raffle is after the event because you must write a DGCR review of one of the Hornings courses (we don't care if you give it a 0 or a perfect 5) by Friday, June 10th to be eligible to win - this is a DGCR meet after all!!!
      'Weekend 4 Women':
      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Sweet! Thanks man. I'll be there

Originally posted by cefire View Post
        $10 goes to:
        $4 to PDGA (sanctioning/insurance)
        $1 to Throwbot trophies (yes, they are cheap, but fun )
        $1 to Innova mini basket raffle prize
        $4 to Charity Endowment (mandatory for CEP events - will go to our 501c3, "Discovering Open Spaces" and then to help us keep SeaTac baskets in the ground!)

All rounds that have at least 5 peeps with PDGA status will be rated (including glow) and the raffle is after the event because you must write a DGCR review of one of the Hornings courses (we don't care if you give it a 0 or a perfect 5) by Friday, June 10th to be eligible to win - this is a DGCR meet after all!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Niceeeee...
          'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

DGOD! Camping at Site "L" near hole 14 on the canyon.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for an awesome weekend everyone - was great getting to meet everyone

I'll post the scores on PDGA tonight - it was a long day drive home yesterday
              'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Thanks for an awesome weekend everyone - was great getting to meet everyone

I'll post the scores on PDGA tonight - it was a long day drive home yesterday
                Um, do you want our score card? You kinda bailed out huh? The ctp on 18? Glow Roc? My kid is kinda bummed man.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DGOD! Disc Golf View Post
                  Um, do you want our score card? You kinda bailed out huh? The ctp on 18? Glow Roc? My kid is kinda bummed man.
                  Bailed...no, we were told your group packed up and headed out by several others who played the Canyon course on Sunday - I was way confused about what happened and when no one showed up, I didn't have any #'s to call someone in the group to see why a whole group disappeared, but you all must have still been playing.

So, anyways, my fault for not researching the rumor - I'm sorry that this happened, completely not my intention to miss you guys!!!

I have the glow roc and will ship that and an extra something for the mix up!!! I'll PM you my phone number so give me a call ASAP
                  Last edited by cefire; June 6th, 2011, 03:09 PM.
                  'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

I just wanted to thank you guys for running a very fun tournament. I appreciate the guts to go out and throw a very non-traditional event with a very entertaining format. I wish the turn-out from the Portland crowd could have been a little stronger, shout-out to DGOD for keeping the camping scene fun and lively and bringing out a big portion of the overall turn-out, as well as to Dan and Dan for a pair of fun if occasionally frustrating rounds. I look forward to playing any events of yours in the future Andrew, it was certainly a hoot getting to meet the stars of DGCR behind the avatars. I hope the event spurs on some more interest and well-written reviews.
                    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

I found a CTP out there today. It was on hole 18 of the Meadow Ridge...Shain "the Chain" was on the bottom of it, I think...
                      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

OK, preliminary results are posted but please remember these are only preliminary and will probably change a bit when I enter Dan's scorecard. I will update ASAP when I get it in. The order of scoring is Meadow Ridge, Glow round on Highlands, then Canyon. Both days featured great sunny weather with a little bit of wind that was kind of on/off both days.

As you can see, Shane Johnson was shooting some great golf this weekend and really left the rest of the pack in the dust He also picked up some CTPs along with Dan Brown, Thomas TD, Randy King, Dan Brown Jr., and the other Thomas.

Terry and Jeni Shuler took home the Throwbot title and trophies after posting a really solid 13 on Canyon holes #1, #2, and #18 - I was happy to see how excited folks were about Throwbot. The Throwbot bug is spreading and it sounds like a few Portlander's might be hosting their own sometime soon!

Remember to post those reviews by Friday at noon - I will be posting a list of randomly selected golfers and the first one on the list that has written a DGCR review of one of the Horning's courses will win the Innova Mini Basket!
                        'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Bailed...no, we were told your group packed up and headed out by several others who played the Canyon course on Sunday - I was way confused about what happened and when no one showed up, I didn't have any #'s to call someone in the group to see why a whole group disappeared, but you all must have still been playing.

So, anyways, my fault for not researching the rumor - I'm sorry that this happened, completely not my intention to miss you guys!!!

I have the glow roc and will ship that and an extra something for the mix up!!! I'll PM you my phone number so give me a call ASAP
                          Why the edit? It sounds a little different now.
                          Who told you we left? "several others"? We were all camped in the same spot...
                          We waited by canyon hole 18(where you were taking score cards the day before) for about an hour after our round. No one showed so we went back to camp to grab a beer for me and Vince, and a sandwich for the boy. Tom and Ben came to camp to get us and when we got back you were gone. I was told... that people told you... we were still there. The Winner of the tournament said you guys just dissappered.
                          There were no instructions given at the "players meeting" on where to turn in score cards, or that you guys had to leave after your round. You were there when Tom left to get us, and gone when we got back. Nobody i talked to even knew what happend to you guys.
                          That being said, its no big deal, Miscommunication. I had a great time out there and really appriciate you making it right.

But i would like to know who told you we left?
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I wanted to edit to make it clear that the fault lies completely with me on the miscommunication!! DGOD - I'm glad you were more than ready to help me work it out and rectify the mistake and look forward to meeting up with all of you guys soon - Hornings Ace Race anyone?!?

I can PM you what happened when we thought your group left but as I said, in the end, it was my responsibility and mistake, not anyone else's.
                            'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Yeah, I wanted to edit to make it clear that the fault lies completely with me on the miscommunication!! DGOD - I'm glad you were more than ready to help me work it out and rectify the mistake and look forward to meeting up with all of you guys soon - Hornings Ace Race anyone?!?

I can PM you what happened when we thought your group left but as I said, in the end, it was my responsibility and mistake, not anyone else's.
                              All good, I had a blast at the event and would do it again anytime. You guys were very cool about everything! Maybe we'll have to come up to your neck of the woods next time.

And just for the record, cefire is a stand up dude! AND puts on a great tournament!
                              sigpic

Comment

And just for the record, cefire is a stand up dude! AND puts on a great tournament!

Ain't it the truth though? Here's to andrew

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X