'Wandering Peacock' - Horning's Hideout - PDGA C-Tier - June 4-5 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it out this weekend, work came up that I dearly need. I hope you guys have a great weekend, represent DGCR, hopefully this will become an annual event so I can join in next year.
    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
      Unfortunately it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it out this weekend, work came up that I dearly need.
      Josh, do have your weekends mixed up? The tourney is not this weekend (May 28-29), but next weekend (June 4-5).
      Maybe you can still play?

Comment

Wow, I need to get a better calendar, that's rather embarrassing, I guess I will be making it after all.
        PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
        dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Woot
          'Weekend 4 Women':
          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

round 2 a GLOW round??? so obviously glow discs? where do i get one, n is this a required round??

Comment

None of the rounds are required, play as many or as few as you would like! Just $10 and you'll still have an equal chance to win the mini basket giveaway, so help out the Chick Flick by playing their fundraiser dubs on Saturday and then head over for Sat night and Sunday rounds at Hornings

Glow sticks are legal for this event and PDGA approved - we will have some of the LED sticks and CFR Glow drivers available (although you'll probably only need a putter for the course we're playing )
              'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                None of the rounds are required, play as many or as few as you would like!
                Huh? How does that work for a PDGA sanctioned round?
                Can I just play 0 rounds and win by default?

Comment

I don't think there will be any winners, at least not based on score. You'll just get to have any rounds count towards your rating, and maybe win some CTPs and such along the way.
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                    so help out the Chick Flick by playing their fundraiser dubs on Saturday and then head over for Sat night and Sunday rounds at Hornings

well done.
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Would the glo round go toward your normal rating or would it be its own category like superclass?
                      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Just a suggestion

It sounds to me that you guys might want to reclassify this tourney as an XC-Tier with the PDGA since you aren't following PDGA Tour Standards. I'm not saying its a bad thing at all. I like what you're trying to do here, but ratings and finishing positions etc will be hard to get correct with what you're planning.

Best of luck with your event. Sounds fun!

Jeff H
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

That sounds like a good idea - ratings should be no problem though (just different flights on each course) and finishing positions will be the same as usual (just no prizes for order of finish and probably a lot of 999's due to people just playing on either Sat or Sun), just one big division instead of lots of little ones.

I'll call PDGA if we should sanction differently, although I'm not exactly sure what the overall functional differences are for the players???
                          'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

I would like to play! Sign me up!

Comment

Come on out on Saturday at noon, Saturday night, or Sunday morning - whenever you'd like to play. Its $10 no matter how many of the three possible rounds you decide to play for.
                              'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

where you guys going to camp prob be out early Sat to play. Still got work on Sun.

Hippy007

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X