2011 Oregon Disc Golf Championships (ORDGC)- September 17th-18th Trojan Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$2
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Id buy that for 2 bucks!

Does this include discs lost several years ago? Like a Max Weight Pro Gazelle off the shore of basket 7!
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

$2 per disc, similar to spinners on the green in arizona. Worth it.

Comment

$2 for my Green Champ Groove on #8 (1st shot)

$2 for my Star T-Rex #8 (2nd shot)

And an extra $2 to leave that stupid wahoo I'll toss in the water till it sinks (peace of crap)

Shoot I cannot even buy new DX disc for $6. That's a great deal.

Haggerty,
          I'm up for volunteering (Shag discs, waterboy, pointer dog, whatever). I've just gotta make sure I'm in town that weekend against work calendar.
          PDGA# 49616
          Stumptown# 353
          OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Is there a current list of qualified players somewhere? Have the qualifiers from the Willamette Open been posted? Did I make it in? Will I qualify this year? Is there a list of players that have signed up to try and qualify posted anywhere? I would like to confirm:

*) I am signed up to try and qualify?
            *) I have not qualified yet?
            *) Who I need to beat at the next event in order to qualify?
            *) Who else has also paid but not qualified yet?
            *) I don't have enough money to buy back all the discs I have lost at Trojan, even at $2 each

(OK that last one was not serious, though true!)

Thanks in advance for the info...!
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
              Is there a current list of qualified players somewhere? Have the qualifiers from the Willamette Open been posted? Did I make it in? Will I qualify this year? Is there a list of players that have signed up to try and qualify posted anywhere? I would like to confirm:

*) I am signed up to try and qualify?
              *) I have not qualified yet?
              *) Who I need to beat at the next event in order to qualify?
              *) Who else has also paid but not qualified yet?
              *) I don't have enough money to buy back all the discs I have lost at Trojan, even at $2 each

(OK that last one was not serious, though true!)

Thanks in advance for the info...!
              ... hagerty'll never tell us who we need to beat or who else has paid but not qualified... he figgers it's none of our business...
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

The following players earned a slot to play in the Oregon Disc Golf Championships at The Willamette Open:

MPO
                Andy Hock
                Mike Suchocki
                Sam Gibson

FPO
                Maggie Drews

MA1
                Jeremy Lankins
                Brian Wilkinson
                Logan Miller
                Gawain Stern

FW1
                Rebecca Tobias

Registration information will be coming soon.
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Hip hip hooray! Congrats to all who made it- and keep pluggin away for those who have yet to secure a spot. It's both the most nerve racking and at the same times intertaining and exciting golf you'll get to see or play. Can't wait to play it already. Much props to you bullseye, and to all the excellent people who devote their time, love, and passion to making this sport and this community what it is. - Lank ( ps.- your right jeff, I did "got this", lol, third time was a charm)
                  DiscGolf- The ONLY time to enjoy being negative(-)

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I would like to remind you all that the Whistlin Discs Open is a 2011 Oregon Disc Golf Championship qualifier. If you are playing at Whistlers and would like to qualify for the ORDGC, please head on over to the Stumptown Store and register to qualify.

REGISTER HERE

Invitations Available:
                    4 - MPO
                    4 - MA1
                    1 - FPO
                    1 - FW1

Jeff Hagerty
                    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Oregon's 'pioneer' disc golfers

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                      Hello Everyone,

I would like to remind you all that the Whistlin Discs Open is a 2011 Oregon Disc Golf Championship qualifier. If you are playing at Whistlers and would like to qualify for the ORDGC, please head on over to the Stumptown Store and register to qualify.

REGISTER HERE

Invitations Available:
                      4 - MPO
                      4 - MA1
                      1 - FPO
                      1 - FW1

Jeff Hagerty
                      Jeff,
                      Is there a chance next year that you might figure out a way for the many of us older golfers who would like to play in this event?
                      Some of the fellers who planted and nurtured the growth of disc golf in the state don't have much of a shot with your current format. Not complaining, just wondering. Yeh I know Shupp runs the Masters gig, but it'd be cool to have us all together on the same weekend.
                      I have yet to find any other state that does it the way you do.
                      Thanks for all you do for disc golf.
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                        Jeff,
                        Is there a chance next year that you might figure out a way for the many of us older golfers who would like to play in this event?
                        Some of the fellers who planted and nurtured the growth of disc golf in the state don't have much of a shot with your current format. Not complaining, just wondering. Yeh I know Shupp runs the Masters gig, but it'd be cool to have us all together on the same weekend.
                        I have yet to find any other state that does it the way you do.
                        Thanks for all you do for disc golf.
                        The biggest problem with adding anyone to this event is capacity. This is a slow playing course, so scheduling is definitely an issue.

I am going to look in to the possibility of moving this event to tee times next year which I think might will let me add a few additional groups to the course, but that is still up in the air.

Comment

example

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                          The biggest problem with adding anyone to this event is capacity. This is a slow playing course, so scheduling is definitely an issue.

I am going to look in to the possibility of moving this event to tee times next year which I think might will let me add a few additional groups to the course, but that is still up in the air.
                          Maybe instead of adding groups, you could adjust the caps on each division you have and add some more divisions. (Master/Grand Master)
                          Perhaps 8-10 PGM/PM instead of 40-50 advanced master's.
                          At least it's up in the air and not a roller.
                          Thanks Jeff, cya at the "Best in the West"!
                          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                          - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                            Maybe instead of adding groups, you could adjust the caps on each division you have and add some more divisions. (Master/Grand Master)
                            Perhaps 8-10 PGM/PM instead of 40-50 advanced master's.
                            Check the first post. There is not advanced master division in this tournament.

"32 Open Men, 6 Open Women, 32 Advanced Men, 6 Advanced Women"

Comment

Jeff... you're going to let me compete in Advanced in this event, yeah?
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                Jeff... you're going to let me compete in Advanced in this event, yeah?
                                Yes. That was the deal.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X