2011 Oregon Disc Golf Championships (ORDGC)- September 17th-18th Trojan Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations!

The following players all kicked enough butt this weekend at Whistler's Bend to earn a slot to play in the Oregon Disc Golf Championships.

MPO
    Scott Withers (Extra congrats for your first big win Scott!)
    Brody Miller
    Sean Phillips
    Leland O'Driscoll

FPO
    Teresa Trueba Embree

MA1
    Matt Kabza
    Adam Cooney
    Justin Joers
    Jason McGrew

FW1
    Cindy McMahan

The next qualifier is THIS WEEKEND at the M3PO at Milo McIver!!!!
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Congrats!!!

The following players earned a slot to play in the Oregon Disc Golf Championships at The M3PO at Milo this weekend.

MPO
      Jason Pinkal
      Tim Skellenger
      Andrew Rich
      Mike Gillespie

FPO
      Emma-Rose Hanley

MA1
      Tony Skrivanek
      Dan Carpenter
      Justin Hiatt
      Joe Armijo

FW1
      Rebecca Verrette

The next qualifier is The Rose City Open on May 21st & 22nd at Pier Park!

Please note: This year I will be building the ORDGC wait list using the names of people who tried to qualify for the event, but did not. Those who tried to qualify more often will be the highest on the wait list.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Reminder

Just a quick reminder that the Rose City Open this weekend is an ORDGC qualifier. I will be there to take registrations prior to the start of the first round.

You can get yourself registered to qualify HERE.

Comment

Will there be volunteers needed??

Comment

Originally posted by softwinterwhispers View Post
            Will there be volunteers needed??
            Always! Randy and I volunteered last year, and saw some amazing golf. It doesn't hurt either that you're getting thanks from everyone as well. They need lots of spotters, since there are some really tough OB lines, plus it's nice to be able to help players at least attempt to spot discs that went into the water, but not far. We couldn't do much though, for the discs that ended up in the middle of the lake!

Comment

Originally posted by ptld2001 View Post
              Always! Randy and I volunteered last year, and saw some amazing golf. It doesn't hurt either that you're getting thanks from everyone as well. They need lots of spotters, since there are some really tough OB lines, plus it's nice to be able to help players at least attempt to spot discs that went into the water, but not far. We couldn't do much though, for the discs that ended up in the middle of the lake!
              This is absolutely true. The more volunteers we have, the better the event runs. Plus, I honestly think ORDGC is one of the best events at which to volunteer because it really is the best golfers in the area on one of the most challenging courses in the state.

Plus, where's the harm in a little schadenfreude from the volunteers.

Jeff

PS: Thank you to anyone considering volunteering at ANY event. It cannot be said enough how valuable volunteers are to disc golf events.

Comment

Congrats!!!

The following players earned a slot to play in the Oregon Disc Golf Championships at The Rose City Open at Pier Park this weekend.

MPO
                Dustin Milbrodt
                John Ollis
                Shane Johnson
                Jeff Cox

FPO
                Rachel Benton

MA1
                Mike Medlock
                Stephen Sines
                Chase Estep
                Justin Ruljancich

FW1
                Chris Brow

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                  The following players earned a slot to play in the Oregon Disc Golf Championships at The Rose City Open at Pier Park this weekend.

MPO
                  Dustin Milbrodt
                  John Ollis
                  Shane Johnson
                  Jeff Cox

FPO
                  Rachel Benton

MA1
                  Mike Medlock
                  Stephen Sines
                  Chase Estep
                  Justin Ruljancich

FW1
                  Chris Brow
                  Shoot, I forgot about this whole thing. Next time.

Comment

Originally posted by blang11 View Post
                    Shoot, I forgot about this whole thing. Next time.
                    The Beaver State Fling is the next qualifying event!

You got that! A bunch of chumps play that event.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I would like to remind you all that the Beaver State Fling is a 2011 Oregon Disc Golf Championship qualifier. If you are playing in the Fling and would like to qualify for the ORDGC, please head on over to the Stumptown Store and register to qualify.

REGISTER HERE

Invitations Available:
                      4 - MPO
                      4 - MA1
                      1 - FPO
                      1 - FW1

Jeff Hagerty

Comment

I know that Haggerty is interested in making the course at Trojan as demanding as possible, but...

Don't get any ideas.

Comment

I know that Haggerty is interested in making the course at Trojan as demanding as possible, but...

Don't get any ideas.
                          I hope my first time paying to qualify did the trick this weekend at the Fling. There are 8 players who finished better than me that I conceive of playing the event, and I'm sure that not all of them paid for the opportunity yet. Got my fingers crossed!

I know this is more BSF related than anything, but hats off to Haggerty and anyone else who had anything to do with the change to hole 1 West at Milo. That was a very ORDGC style move. I dig it. I think it was pretty popular with most pros as well.

Comment

Don't get any ideas.
                            That's a great idea, but the tarp behind the basket makes the hole too easy for the ORDGC.

Comment

I hope my first time paying to qualify did the trick this weekend at the Fling. There are 8 players who finished better than me that I conceive of playing the event, and I'm sure that not all of them paid for the opportunity yet. Got my fingers crossed!

I know this is more BSF related than anything, but hats off to Haggerty and anyone else who had anything to do with the change to hole 1 West at Milo. That was a very ORDGC style move. I dig it. I think it was pretty popular with most pros as well.
                              I'm pretty sure it was Cris Bellinger and/or Mike Phillips who initially mentioned this possible hole position to me. All I did was convince Mittl we could make it work for the Fling. Its still not perfect, but it will be improved. I love the fact that we saw everything from a 3 to an 8 on that hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                                I'm pretty sure it was Cris Bellinger and/or Mike Phillips who initially mentioned this possible hole position to me. All I did was convince Mittl we could make it work for the Fling. Its still not perfect, but it will be improved. I love the fact that we saw everything from a 3 to an 8 on that hole.
                                I loved it because I birdied it both times. There was maybe a small bottleneck at the hole, but no worse than normal for my groups. Other than mowing some more of the tall grass and thistles to the right of the basket I don't think it needs much.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X