2011 Oregon Disc Golf Championships (ORDGC)- September 17th-18th Trojan Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to thanks all the players first off,I was on one of the hardest holes to spot,and even after a lot of people went in the water and were really mad you guys still came up to me and smiled and said thanks,it means a lot to me and the spotters out there to hear that it makes us want to come out again and again to do this without your support and compliments we would not come out at all thanks.Now JEFF is the man he rocked the house and set up a EPIC COURSE which I got to play and wow it was hard on the mind,but it was great had fun this weekend.Thanks to JEFF for taking good care of all the help!!
    PDGA # 31451
    2 Mini Aces
    74 Aces
    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
    DISC GOLF OR DIE
    BOB CABAL
    DISCVANGO
    JEFF ELLIOT
    G-MAN
    JORDAN LEWIS
    JEFF HAGERTY
    JAMES GARCELON
    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

• way to go once again, haGerty. and thanks to all the other volunteers for donating their time and helping to keep things moving while also saving many of us a couple discs here and there.

definitely my favorite tourny course. i have not played another layout that even compares when it comes to having so much on the line with almost every throw. the scoring spread on each hole must be impressive.

Comment

• Is there a way to find out what the layout is (for those of us not lucky enough to play)?

Comment

• I am no longer on speaking terms with Hagerty. Give me a week... we'll see. Freakin' Jerk...
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by loki View Post
            Is there a way to find out what the layout is (for those of us not lucky enough to play)?

This is pretty close to what we played this year as well.

"You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
              I am no longer on speaking terms with Hagerty. Give me a week... we'll see. Freakin' Jerk...
              Splash!
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• because i can be a touch self-absorbed...

... it seemed appropriate that i say some thank you's to folks and since i didn't apparently think the awards ceremony was the time for that (i was too busy letting everybody know how awesome i am and how awesome i played ) i thought i would do that on the forum...

so:

thank you, jeff hagerty for the most epically difficult and at the same time stunningly gorgeous golf course i have ever played... hands down. your hard work and sleepless nights are not unappreciated and if people want to complain about how hard it is... well... it's not supposed to be easy...

thank you to all of the volunteers. matt roller, a prince among men as well as a darn fine spotter... you are fine specimen of human... stephen sines and randy & karen and chris graham and rick and nichola and that dude on #1 who was always in the perfect spot to help me aim my shot across the pond, ummm... ashley, craig... amber, genessa, melissa, bob... good golly, there were so many of you and we couldn't have played this tournament without you...

i want to thank my best friend's husband for putting together a mojito madness slumber party for her birthday on friday night, clearly mojitos and very little sleep are a winning combination for me...

... also to my family... my dad and my sister and brother in law and two precious nieces annabel and emmaline... it warmed my heart to have you there. also, annabel imparted some pretty priceless advice that perhaps was integral in bagging the win: "if there's water, just throw the other direction. if you have to throw over the water, just throw really far." brilliant!!!

and to the gals i played with... it was a very nice vibe and that's why i had such a good groove on the whole weekend...
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                  Splash!
                  Let's be clear...

It was...

SPLASH! "Meh... I can live with that one."
                  SPLASH! $&*@(#@, HAGERTY! YOU $#)@#@!%^#$Z!
                  OB right. Fine
                  OB right. Fine
                  SPLASH! $#@#*_$#@&* GIBSON! YOU #@()*%#! I MEAN HAGERTY!

Finest moment? I guess if we factor in that I didn't just start hucking discs straight into the lake until my bag was empty, it certainly wasn't my worst moment...
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    SPLASH! "Meh... I can live with that one."
                    SPLASH! $&*@(#@, HAGERTY! YOU $#)@#@!%^#$Z!
                    OB right. Fine
                    OB right. Fine
                    SPLASH! $#@#*_$#@&* GIBSON! YOU #@()*%#! I MEAN HAGERTY!
                    confirmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by blu666z View Post
                      confirmed.
                      My caddy, ladies and gentlemen...
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                        that dude on #1 who was always in the perfect spot to help me aim my shot across the pond, ...
                        That dude on #1 was Zaq Jones, who came up all the way from Coos Bay (go Pirates) with Scotty Withers. He COULD have caddy for Scotty or spectated but chose to volunteer not for one but TWO days. Thanks again Zaq!

To ALL of the the volunteers you guys know how I feel...........you all ROCK! I ask and there you are giving your time to help make Disc Golf what it is here in the great NW. Many thanks to all of you!

My favorite quote of the weekend can be attributed to Mrs. "The Brit", Genesa Prictor (she should have her own nick name, like maybe "Gen Rocks):

"I love everything about disc golf except playing it". You are welcome in Tourney Central anytime young lady.

Bob

Comment

You are one evil sunvab*tch... that layout looks... just....

Comment

1 - Plays from the road onto the peninsula, so you are forced to lay up in the landing zone by the corner of the parking lot to have a look through the opening to throw your 2nd shot through the trees across the water to the basket.

2 - a nice easy straight shot along the berm that slopes down to water on the left, long and long right.

3 - instead of playing to the regular basket the pin is on the back end of the first grass island in the parking lot. oh, and the grass by the regular pin is all OB, you have to lay up before the path or make it onto the island to be in bounds.

4 - across the road from the last basket and plays down the road to reg 16's basket. road ob with shule right, left over train tracks and long straight.

5 - reg 17's tee plays to reg 18's basket with shule right and ob road left.

6 - new hole with 1st drive avoiding ob path and beyond left and long and shule right to give you a look at the over the water 2nd shot that also has to clear that dang path that winds around the inlet.

7 - 450' open shot with water ob right and road ob left to reg 1's pin. one thing about that water is if there is any wind at the course, it blows hardest on this hole...

8 - reg 1's tee to basket inside fenced square, if you are out of reg 1's fairway you had better be inside the square to avoid ob.

(reg hole 2 is not used)
                            9 - reg hole 3 with path and beyond ob that comes in from the left and circles behind the pin and continues right.

10 - tees from the fisherman's pad by the water and goes to a pin across the inlet with water ob left and that same damn path ob right. very narrow fairway and possible wind make this hole a delight.

11 - reg hole 5 but with ob long and that damn path left again.

12 - reg hole 6 but with that damn path ob right.

13 - reg hole 7 with tee pulled and placed on very small green with that damn path ob right and that water ob in front of the pin.

14 - reg hole 8. hard to improve on perfection.

15 - reg tee 9 but basket is move behind all the trees with ob water right behind pin.

16 - tee from road across water past reg 10 all the way to reg 11 pin. lots of ways to go ob on this hole.

17 - reg 12 tee but the pin is moved to deep placement so the hole has two shots over ob water left and path ob right.

18 - a tight fairway with ob TC left and shule right that opens up after tree screen to a basket in the middle of the horseshoe pits.

Holes you can throw it in the water

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                            Or does here stand the last remaining man
                            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• Thats Right Bob Go Pirates

Comment

• Wow, thanks Jeff for the map and a huge thanks to Jordan for the commentary. Now I can go and play a lot of these holes.....can I borrow some discs?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X